What's new

Does Anybody Else Think..

t.work

...that Harpring would make a good coach? It seems like he's almost always on par with what we, the fans, are thinking. He's an aggressive personality and he's charismatic and has a high basketball IQ. Discuss.

He couldn't be worse the Corbin.
Harping does seem to share the opinion that many of us have. I don't think we would be watching Big Al ole D every night, and we sure wouldn't be watching Alfense every night either.

I'm assuming he has no coaching experience and I'm not sure he really needs the money or the stress right now, but I could see him coaching some day. Good personality for it I would think.

I'm assuming he has no coaching experience and I'm not sure he really needs the money or the stress right now, but I could see him coaching some day. Good personality for it I would think.

People talk about 'coaching experience' like it's a degree. Players are around coaches enough to at least know the basics. It's not rocket science. I think it's more about the person's personality than anything.

Harpring complains quite a bit about Favors minutes. Not sure that this game helps validate his point, but I think he's on our side

I would have to see what sort of system he would implement first. Knowing which players should be on the court is one thing, but knowing what they should be doing out there is certainly another.

I don't think another player coach with even less coaching experience than Ty is the answer right now.

Matt could very well be a good coach, but shouldn't he at least try to be an asst. for awhile?

...that Harpring would make a good coach? It seems like he's almost always on par with what we, the fans, are thinking. He's an aggressive personality and he's charismatic and has a high basketball IQ. Discuss.

as long as he does not teach the team lay-ups.

lol aah the days when Matt misses whide open layup after wide open layup.

he played football

How could anyone possibly know? When and where has he coached? Why does anyone get hired for a top position, head coach, when they have never filled that position at any level????? Blows my mind.

If I was an owner, I would never hire hire anyone for HC who not head coached at any level before. And if I had a "chosen" guy like Ty, I would tell him to go be HC at UVU or East High for a year or two at least.