What's new

Does Corbin "Know" he is a lame duck coach or something?

What are you talking about? We have had a nice sample size to see the approach that ty is using...... therefore if he would start and play the core 5 together for long stretches for the next 10 games or so, then we would certainly be able to make comparisons.

No need to be snippy, I try to explain it better : - )

We can certainly count wins and losses in 10 games, but the point we may disagree on is how well can you evaluate long-term player development and long-term team development over a course of 10 games? That is the point I was making (perhaps not so clearly).

Thanks for input.

No need to be snippy, I try to explain it better : - )

We can certainly count wins and losses in 10 games, but the point we may disagree on is how well can you evaluate long-term player development and long-term team development over a course of 10 games? That is the point I was making (perhaps not so clearly).

Thanks for input.

I see.
So all we can do is speculate.

Sorry if I came across as snippy

corbin is a dead case for me and it's not just the coaching skills

he has no personality, not really a smart guy and his intelligence is questionable, just listen his interviews - the guy sucks

dude is just a joke

corbin is a dead case for me and it's not just the coaching skills

he has no personality, not really a smart guy and his intelligence is questionable, just listen his interviews - the guy sucks

dude is just a joke

The grass is always greener on the other side bro.
Were you also one of the cultest Sloan haters?

If the Jazz FO had any single thought about Corbin not having any intention towards developing the youth, they would immediately get rid of him, or else keeping him would be insanity. I think Corbin as a young and relatively inexperienced coach is also struggling with his role to make this team into something bigger just like Kanter has trouble finding his role or job on the court sometimes. But as many have said before, he might also had a problem with managing the veteran players, so he acted the same direction with their flow, never pissed them off, and that may have lead to him not caring so much for the youth. On the other hand, this is his first season trying to figure a way to shape the franchise into something better with nearly only young talent in his hands. But let's not forget that he has not been sitting on the Jazz bench since his head coaching started. The most I fear for is him really thinking of getting out of here and leaving the Jazz away from a top pick or leaving the players without a decent amount of experience to learn to win games. So far, all of those are unlikely to me. The only -well maybe not the only but the most important- flaw in his system is not trying to be more patient with players like Kanter and give Wet and RJ more (not that they do not deserve it). But this might also have got something to do with something I do not see from the front of my screen and he does; like the low confidence level of Kanter which dramatically dropped after he started sucking in the beginning of the season. Then again, Kanter might be uncaring to the game than before and Corbin might have noticed it. Or maybe not uncaring, but lesser attitude to make his point as a 3rd draft pick compared to his first 2 seasons. This is also a likely scenario to me. But Kanter situation can be determined by the mouth of a Clippers announcer: "He is 21 he is just a baby." And he is not even considering his lack of getting enough experience of the game of basketball in his career. Add that to this and you have a situation you need to be really patient with. But I know I wouldn't.