What's new

Does Dennis Lindsey have to guarantee the Boris Diaw's contract?

Does Dennis Lindsey have to guarantee the Boris Diaw's contract?

• Yes

Votes: 2 13.3%
  • No

Votes: 13 86.7%

• Total voters

Piso

Boris Diaw has an unguaranteed contract for the next season (7.5M)
Does Dennis Lindsey have to guarantee the contract?

Boris is a smart player, probably a good veteran presence. If we don't need that roster spot for someone more productive (or can't find someone like that to fill that spot), I'm fine with him staying. But I do hope there is someone else. I would love to see T Booker back.

I say 50/50 that Diaw is here next season. But no, DL does not "have to".

I think he's going to bring Boris back, but that's just me. Maybe we'll decline his team option, but I still think there's a decent chance he comes back as a free agent.

unless he becomes a salary cap victim I'd say there is a good chance he's back in Utah next year.

He may very well be back in Utah but not at $7.5M. Between Hayward, Hill and Ingles, assuming they're all retained, Burks and Diaw have to go to avoid LT.

There's probably a deadline out there somewhere for teams and players to opt into or out of contracts.

Sent from my iPhone using JazzFanz

I'd love to keep him but not at his current price tag as he's not that important in the grand scheme of things.

We can always trade him back to the Spurs. :cool:

Though I do like Boris' quote:

"Aaron Falk: Boris Diaw on what he’d tell perspective free agents this summer: There’s a great nightlife 2 days ago – via Twitter tribjazz"

He actually wasn't that bad after all was said and done-- but he's a cap victim. There's no way we can afford to keep him, given the pending extensions.