What's new

Does Dennis Lindsey have to sign Mack and Withey for the next season?

Does Dennis Lindsey have to sign Mack and Withey for the next season?

• Yes, both on cheap contracts

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • Only Mack on a cheap contract

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • Only Withey on a cheap contract

Votes: 13 56.5%
  • No, neither of the two

Votes: 8 34.8%

• Total voters

Piso

Contract 2017-18
Gobert 21*224*719
Favors 12*000*000
Burks 10*595*506
Johnson 10*505*000
Diaw 7*500*000 Unguaranteed
Exum 4*992*384
Lyles 2*441*400
Hood 2*386*864
Neto 1*014*746
Bolomboy 905*249
Total : 73*565*868

Free Agency
Hayward, Hill, Ingles, Mack, Withey

Possible Strategy (salary cap 101M - luxury tax 121M)
Waive Diaw, trade Burks for nothing (+eventually draft pick) : 73.5-18= 55.5M
Sign Hayward + Ingles : 35-40M
Sign 5 players (10M for salary cap - 30M for luxury cap) : Hill ? Mack ? Withey ?

Withey just sucks. Mack looks better than he is for the stats he makes. And why did you waste your 5th pick on Exum if you are gonna keep shadowing him behind a mediocre backup 10-15min per game PG at best.
Just let them go.

I have no hard feeling towards Mack. He played hard for us and helped us win a first round series. I wish him a long, successful career. But the team is moving away from needing him.

I do wish Withey to come back on the cheap. Help add depth to the C rotation.

Withey will do. He's a big body, not a garbage defender and he puts up consistent numbers for the limited minutes he plays. Defensive-minded centers don't come cheap and signing Withey for around a million per season will mean more money for other players.

I am okay with Withey as long as Bogut is in front of him. The biggest problem with Withey is that he wasn't able to get on the floor behind much inferior rebounders. I was a legit rebounding center off the bench, which is Bogut.

I have no hard feeling towards Mack. He played hard for us and helped us win a first round series. I wish him a long, successful career. But the team is moving away from needing him.

I do wish Withey to come back on the cheap. Help add depth to the C rotation.

You're right. Favors is injury prone, Johnson is old, Lyles and Bolomboy need to improve and if Diaw quit, Withey will be useful.

Obviously he doesn't have to sign them but if he can get Withey on the cheap it is a no brainer. What he brings for what he gives you is a deal. And we need money to spend other places.

You consider Bogut a 3rd stringer!!!!!!

Ok... I think I read that wrong.

Favors is a PF in your scenario or traded.....

Withey was our third string... behind even Boris. Favors PF and Bogut is Gobert's backup, giving him good breathers. Or we go big and play Gobert / Bogut / Favors / Bolomboy / Hayward.

It's time for fresh blood at the backup C spot. Withey was a nice find given the price tag. If a player like Ike Anigbogu we're somehow to fall in Utah's laps at #24 it'd be a grave misstep not to pull the trigger. He's a really high upside project and likely will be the youngest player in the league. He's gonna crush workouts and interviews tho and will be out of range.

so, when a team has several max contracts like we do, and will have more to come, you have to have servicible players on bargain basement contracts. Withey and Mack are the kind of guys that fit the bill. I personally hate max contracts, once you have a couple, it cripples your team. I hated AK from the moment he got his, and i'm not too happy with hayward and Gobert, though they are kinda worth it. Notice one thing about recent championship contenders: players, even sometimes stars that are getting paid under their 'worth'. For example, Golden state and Steph. Or the late years of Duncan. Durant i believe took less by going to golden state. If you want to win a championship, it's not about getting max players, it's about getting max players to take less. If Gordon, Gobert and star number three whoever steps up (Dante, Hood, Favors, Alec (shudder) all get max contracts and if Hill gets more than a 20% raise, then things are going to get really tight in the salary front.