What's new

Does Hayward Takes Steroids?

Saint Cy of JFC

2022 Award Winner
Since the recent George Karl thing about the NBA having a steroid issue I thought about who on the Jazz is the most likely to be roided up. Hayward seems like the obvious pick.

Since the recent George Karl thing about the NBA having a steroid issue I thought about who on the Jazz is the most likely to be roided up. Hayward seems like the obvious pick.

I wondered looking at his before and after pics. He is SOOO much bigger and stronger. I know you've got to work hard to gain muscle with or without steroids, but where Hayward is this season is on the edge of what I think is possible without steroids and impressive even if he is taking (or did take) steroids. Obviously he's working hard. Maybe he knows his main competition is taking steroids and there's no other way for him to compete against it without doing it too.

He has a 6'8" frame and is 26 years old entering his prime. I'd like to think he is not roided up and that his #improveeveryday regimen was just that - old fashioned work in the gym. I find it interesting that his BMI is at 24.8 (25 is overweight according to this chart). LeBron (clearly roided) has 24 lbs on Hayward.:rolleyes:

He has a 6'8" frame and is 26 years old entering his prime. I'd like to think he is not roided up and that his #improveeveryday regimen was just that - old fashioned work in the gym. I find it interesting that his BMI is at 24.8 (25 is overweight according to this chart). LeBron (clearly roided) has 24 lbs on Hayward.:rolleyes:

Bmi is a crap test.

I think George Karl is just being an ***... I think he wants more attention and some more sales. I don't see a huge advantage to being roided out in basketball... maybe injury recovery. Hayward has gotten bigger and stronger, but nothing that suggests its unnatural at all.

This is Karl trying to be Jose Canseco.

My guess is the majority of players in the NBA that take steroids take them to recover from injuries faster or fringe players that are trying to make it in the NBA take them in the off season. That is my experience with athletes of most sports that take them.

#shootupeveryday

If steroids help players heal faster, I can GUARANTEE none of the Jazz players take steroids.

I doubt any players would risk it during the season. I believe they get 4 random drug test throughout the season. They also get tested 2 times during the off-season but it is easier to be "busy" or "away" when convenient during the off season.

If steroids help players heal faster, I can GUARANTEE none of the Jazz players take steroids.

This was my initial thought... maybe the whole league is roided up but we refuse... hence our terrible injury issues.

I think it should be legal if for these purposes and properly supervised. I took some to get over a sinus infection. No one says I can't work.

This was my initial thought... maybe the whole league is roided up but we refuse... hence our terrible injury issues.

I think it should be legal if for these purposes and properly supervised. I took some to get over a sinus infection. No one says I can't work.

Those are not anabolic steroids.

BMI is completely bogus for muscular athletes. My friend was a tall/ muscular/ lean college soccer goalie. His BMI said he was obese.