What's new

Does Kanter show Jazz made mistake in these playoffs ......

Lol what? So let me get this straight, some people think Kanter left because Salt Lake City didn't have enough Turkish/Muslim culture for him?

Do y'all even know where he's playing now?

When I think of urban cities with a popping nightlife and a large Muslim population, Oklahoma City definitely is on top of the list...

Face it, Kanter didn't like seeing his mins go to Gobert. There were no superstars to put him in his place. But now? HE doesn't care. He got his pay raise, regardless. And he knows that he can't demand more touches while KD and Westbrook are on that roster.

The only mistake we made was waiting so long to pull the trigger on a trade. I wish we wouldn't wait until a player clearly has zero trade value for us before we trade. Trey Burke? Needed to be traded. He's going to leave for nothing. I hope we get something out of Gordon Hayward before he demands or trade/leaves for nothing.

Who was the one who said it might be time to move on?

Oh yes, that was you.

Ha ha. You're so smart. I love the comprehension skills.

I implied that it might be time to move on from Lindsey and/or Snyder.

I'll simplify for you in the future.

How great a move is it going to look when KD leaves and probably followed by Russ and his team totally sucks ballz for years, and the OKC fans turn on him for being a monumental waste of $$$ ? Make no mistake KD is gonna up and leave for GS when he the Spurs finish with him.

btw how did OKC finish up last year when Durant was injured ?? oh yeah, they missed the playoffs. Was that pathetic ?

And yet they had 7 more wins than Utah. Nice try.

Ha ha. You're so smart. I love the comprehension skills.

I'll simplify for you in the future.

Let's say the Jazz don't overreact like morons and decide to keep Snyder and Lindsey. Then will you move on?

On a Jazz team that lacked offense,Kanter finished 4th in FG % in the NBA and generally wrecked havoc on the offensive boards during his 21 minutes of play.If you compare him to Favors stats this year ,he probably was more productive in less minutes .
There was talk of Kanter ,Favors,and Gobert having enough minutes to play 32 minutes a piece.

Well I know lots of fanz are hoping he does lousy ,but if he kicks a$$ then Jazz management looks like they blew it with him and gave him to OKC for nothing.

Pet peeve - wreaked havoc not wrecked havoc - https://blog.oxforddictionaries.com/2016/01/wreak-havoc-wreck-havoc/

Why can't he wreck a Havoc?
Havoc.jpg

Yeah, it's pretty ridiculous when every other team in the league is winning championships or at least going deep in the playoffs within a year or two at the most. Oh look, I see something shiny on the ground...what was I saying?

Yeah, it's pretty ridiculous when every other team in the league is winning championships or at least going deep in the playoffs within a year or two at the most. Oh look, I see something shiny on the ground...what was I saying?

Lol. This is a cop out. So, because Only one team can win, we should accept our fate?

If we don't make the playoffs this next year, Lindsey failed.

Look at what Lindsey was given when he took over for KOC in 2012:

#3 pick in Kanter
#3 pick in Favors
#9 pick in Hayward
Assets that gave him the #9 pick
#5 pick in the draft
DeMarre Carroll
Alex Burks
Paul Millsap

He had Jeff Hornacek on staff.

Not once has he made the playoffs.

He had an All Star in Millsap and let him walk for nothing.

He traded Kanter for nothing.

He kept Corbin and let Horny walk for nothing.

He let Carroll walk for nothing.

Let's say he kept Millsap and Carroll.

We'd still have Gobert and Hood. We'd still have Favors and Hayward.

We'd look like this:

Mack/Neto
Hayward/Burks
Carroll/Hood
Millsap/Favors
Gobert

That team makes the playoffs the last 4 years and is a lot more exciting that what we have.

Like I've said 100 times before, Exum better be a star or the last 4 years were a complete waste.

Lol. This is a cop out. So, because Only one team can win, we should accept our fate?

#3 pick in Kanter
#3 pick in Favors
#9 pick in Hayward
#5 pick in the draft
DeMarre Carroll
Alex Burks
Paul Millsap

We'd look like this:

Mack/Neto
Hayward/Burks
Carroll/Hood
Millsap/Favors
Gobert

That team makes the playoffs the last 4 years and is a lot more exciting that what we have.

Like I've said 100 times before, Exum better be a star or the last 4 years were a complete waste.
So you are saying that if every decision was perfect then we'd be a better team? Thanks Captain obvious.

Any other team out there whose third highest paid player plays 12 minutes in a key playoff game and the team is minus 11 on the floor, plus 12 off the floor. That's a 23 point swing.

Thunder probably already regret this contract.

How great a move is it going to look when KD leaves and probably followed by Russ and his team totally sucks ballz for years, and the OKC fans turn on him for being a monumental waste of $$$ ? Make no mistake KD is gonna up and leave for GS when he the Spurs finish with him.

btw how did OKC finish up last year when Durant was injured ?? oh yeah, they missed the playoffs. Was that pathetic ?

Most experts think that KD signs a two year contract with a player option after the first year, ala Lebron.
That way he can make MORE money on his long term contract at the end of the 2017 season AND decide with Westbrook if they stay together or both leave.
I'd be shocked if he left, there is good talent on that team with Westbrook, Ibaka and Adams

#3 pick in Kanter
#3 pick in Favors
#9 pick in Hayward
#5 pick in the draft
DeMarre Carroll
Alex Burks
Paul Millsap

We'd look like this:

Mack/Neto
Hayward/Burks
Carroll/Hood
Millsap/Favors
Gobert

-I agree that, unless we make a major change in the direction of this rebuild by trading Hayward &/or Favors, missing the playoffs this year would be a major failure but I don't believe that winning was as much of a priority as player development was over the last 3 seasons

-The #5 pick shouldn't be on that list of assets, it was a result of allowing Carroll/Millsap (& Jefferson) to walk for nothing (as was the GSW trade which netted Hood & a 2017 1st)

-I like Hornacek but view Snyder as the better fit for our current roster so don't see that as a mistake in the long run

-You can't assume that Gobert & Hood would've still been drafted, Millsap & Carroll being on the team likely changes our draft approach

-I agree that the roster you listed (although I'm not sure that's how it turns out if we had retained Millsap & Carroll) makes the playoffs but I don't see it competing for a championship which, while unlikely, this current team still has the opportunity to do

-Regardless of how Exum turns out, IMO this team made the right decision to prioritize young talent & player development over assembling a team that had very little opportunity at legitimately competing for a championship

-DL has made his share of mistakes (moving up for Burke, not trading Kanter sooner, not adding any vets via FA this past off-season, etc) but IMO his good decisions (trading up for Gobert, drafting Hood/Lyles, extending Favors, hiring Snyder, etc) far outweigh the bad up to this point

If you really dig in, one thing that becomes apparent is that the Jazz were not ready to handle a 19 year old player. This organization has had a strong culture with Stockton, Malone and of course Sloan. Things were a certain way for a LONG time, and dealing with youth was not a strength. AK is probably the greatest young talent success story here, and even then its really not what it could have been.

Look at the OKC culture and how they handle players from day 1. Could Kanter have handled himself better? Absolutely. He was also 19 when he arrived, a year out of high school. So he handled himself how he did... the Jazz did not have the mentorship in place. Some 19 year olds are really mature, ready to go. He wasn't. That should have been recognized and worked on instead of ignored.

I think the Jazz took notice. Trading Kanter was an admission of failure. However, Corbin was let go prior, and the Jazz brought in a coach and culture will start to change towards development.

Different organizations have different cultures, and that does affect performance. Thats reality, regardless of anybody opinion that it should be otherwise. Houston looks great on paper, but the team fell apart. Jackson, as a coach, has a ton of titles with incredibly strong personalities playing for him. His brilliance was not on the court, it was managing those egos.

We can all sit around and point to Kanter and say "he sucks, glad he's gone" or we can do what the Jazz did... realize there is room for improvement. Sometimes you just have to cut losses and move, and that's what the Jazz did. I wish we could have received more in return, but it is what it is. This trade was not good. It becomes disastrous if the Jazz fail to learn what led up to it.

If you really dig in, one thing that becomes apparent is that the Jazz were not ready to handle a 19 year old player. This organization has had a strong culture with Stockton, Malone and of course Sloan. Things were a certain way for a LONG time, and dealing with youth was not a strength. AK is probably the greatest young talent success story here, and even then its really not what it could have been.

Look at the OKC culture and how they handle players from day 1. Could Kanter have handled himself better? Absolutely. He was also 19 when he arrived, a year out of high school. So he handled himself how he did... the Jazz did not have the mentorship in place. Some 19 year olds are really mature, ready to go. He wasn't. That should have been recognized and worked on instead of ignored.

I think the Jazz took notice. Trading Kanter was an admission of failure. However, Corbin was let go prior, and the Jazz brought in a coach and culture will start to change towards development.

Different organizations have different cultures, and that does affect performance. Thats reality, regardless of anybody opinion that it should be otherwise. Houston looks great on paper, but the team fell apart. Jackson, as a coach, has a ton of titles with incredibly strong personalities playing for him. His brilliance was not on the court, it was managing those egos.

We can all sit around and point to Kanter and say "he sucks, glad he's gone" or we can do what the Jazz did... realize there is room for improvement. Sometimes you just have to cut losses and move, and that's what the Jazz did. I wish we could have received more in return, but it is what it is. This trade was not good. It becomes disastrous if the Jazz fail to learn what led up to it.

Favors was young here and he handled himself well. Of course he's not a bitch like Kanter is.

Here is a question:

Would anyone argue that what Kanter did was a mistake?

I find it funny we bash on him when he did what he felt was best for him...and he was RIGHT.

He has a max deal. He plays for a title contender.

Kanter did what Kanter should have done.

Now, the antics after the trade are debatable BUT those antics get shown on Sportscenter and we talk about a bench player.

There's no bad publicity, correct?

A mistake? If he wants to be a role player on a Championship contender, no, it wasn't a mistake. He got paid too. Good for him.

Was he extremely unprofessional about it? Absolutely. Did he cost the Jazz by publicly demanding a trade? Absolutely. Nobody is bashing him for doing him looking out for himself. He's bashed because he publicly demanded a trade, reducing whatever trade value he had, and then came back and bashed the organization. There's a reason his first game back nobody on the Jazz shook his hand before the game started (or fist bumped or whatever it is they do now). It's not just a bunch of bitter Jazz fans who were pissed at him, it was the most of the former team he played for.

I'll even give him credit today. He made two good defensive plays. It was an epic career achievement for him.

I'll even give him credit today. He made two good defensive plays. It was an epic career achievement for him.

He couldn't have done it if Trey Burke was playing defense in front of him ......

I find it funny we bash on him when he did what he felt was best for him...and he was RIGHT. He has a max deal.

Portland was going to offer Kanter a max deal whether he demanded a trade or not. To suggest that his behavior led to more money is a totally ludicrous proposition.

Furthermore, he had no way to know he would be traded to a title contender or to the freaking Kings. So to give him credit for his strategy leading to being on a title contender is almost as preposterous.