What's new

Does Quin Survive?

Who can we realistically bring in that's considered a valid upgrade over Quin?

Carlisle lost his touch as a coach and hasn't won a single playoff series for the Mavs since 2011.

Terry Stotts? Scott Brooks? How are they better than Quin?

I mean it's understandable for the fans to get frustrated and say "fire Quin" or "trade Rudy". But what valid options do we have to make it happen?

At least I know Danny Ainge is available and he is someone who appreciates the value of athletic wings and small ball.

Last edited:
There are four guys walking around the Salt Lake Valley: Alex Jensen, Dell Demps, Krysko former Jazz player and Nba head coach, and the BYU head coach. Also you have the guys let go that past couple of weeks.

This **** is principally on our organization going all-in on only having 8 NBA calibre players and ****ing up every move imaginable in the last year.

I am beyond frustrated that it seems that during DL's tenure, he simply picks his spots to be aggressive but that most of the time he is straight up ****ing off and collecting checks. Now that the team pissed away all of their assets, they had better actually get something out of the offseason workouts they host because finding another Ingles or Royce is about all that the Jazz can do now.

I am really ready for DL to bounce. Complacency killed the best chance at a title in maybe the history of the league.

Last edited:
Best record in the regular season, injuries in the playoffs, I'd say yes. He'll be back next year hopefully with a new philosophy and a few different players.

Snyder stays because Utah has never been a franchise willing to rock the boat too much with radical moves. Maybe Ryan Smith is different but i doubt it.

With that said, Quin should be lucky he's coaching the Jazz and not another franchise because I guarantee with how quick some franchises have been in the past to fire coaches (remember when the Raptors canned Dwane Casey, despite his being Coach of the Year, because he lost in the semifinals?), if we were another franchise, he'd likely be gone after two epic collapses in back-to-back postseasons.

Even though Carlisle hit a wall with Dallas, I'd take him over Quin because, at the end of the day, I suspect, at his worst, he's likely to get you the same level of postseason success we've seen under Quin. At his best, he can elevate this team into a true title contender (and not a pretender). Hell, at this point, I'd be okay getting the 70 year old D'Antoni.

Snyder stays because Utah has never been a franchise willing to rock the boat too much with radical moves. Maybe Ryan Smith is different but i doubt it.

With that said, Quin should be lucky he's coaching the Jazz and not another franchise because I guarantee with how quick some franchises have been in the past to fire coaches (remember when the Raptors canned Dwane Casey, despite his being Coach of the Year, because he lost in the semifinals?), if we were another franchise, he'd likely be gone after two epic collapses in back-to-back postseasons.

Even though Carlisle hit a wall with Dallas, I'd take him over Quin because, at the end of the day, I suspect, at his worst, he's likely to get you the same level of postseason success we've seen under Quin. At his best, he can elevate this team into a true title contender (and not a pretender). Hell, at this point, I'd be okay getting the 70 year old D'Antoni.
Firing Dwayne Casey was the right move.

I don't know if the right move is to go after anothwer head coach.
I know if Carlisle is interested he's one guy I would go for in the case we part ways with Snyder.

He has a better chance of surviving than DL.
This... the natural order is new GM... then new coach. Ironically if DL does a better job then Quin has more tools and if he ****s it up then you can point the blame finger at him.