What's new

Dok

Doc Cherno

I’ve been a big Dok homer in here (Kansan, duh). But I had pretty much cooled on his potential. But lately he seems to be getting minutes and makes a potential case for another year. Where do y’all land on his value?

He's big. He's dumb. He's got his last 10ish games in Utah to try to get another team to look at him.

I think the Jazz have moved on from him when they didn't pick up his option. He has looked very decent the last three or four games so maybe there is a flicker of hope for him.

He’s big and I’m not sure he loves basketball. And I’m not sure he’s actually skilled at anything other than being massive and moving okay relative to his size.
This. I have been a Dok fan during his time here and always wanted him to get more minutes than he got (part of his lack of minutes was simply always being hurt) but I agree that he doesn't seem to even like playing much which is his biggest issue. Not seeing a lot of drive or any kind of motor.

That was because DL was an idiot
DL made two of the greatest trades in Jazz history, and built a pretty damn good team around those two guys. . .

. . . but outside of Mitchell and Gobert, his draft record is a mess. I just don’t think he had the right type of vision to build a true contender. Jazz were always a paper tiger - built for regular season wins, but not playoff success.

I’m pretty sure we’re going to like the direction that Danny Ainge is taking us.

Doke really is DL's golden turd of draft picks. All the resources he devoted to the draft process, all the guys he brought in for workouts. How do you screw that up so bad? You just kind of gotta look at it in awe.

I think he is gone but I think there is enough potential that I would hang on to him for another year. Doubt it will happen but since we already have him I would not give up yet. Low cost experiment for a big and bigs often develop on a much slower timeline than wings and guards.

He shouldn't be paid what his extension would have been, but at his size and age a lower contract would be fine. that is only if there is room, we do have possibly three first round picks coming.