What's new

Dominique Wilkins feels he could've won titles with Stockton and Malone

The trade is still considered one of the worst in league history as Wilkins would go on to become a nine-time All-Star and slam dunk champion.

Lopsided, yes, but hardly "one of the worst". Wilkins said he wouldn't play here. John Drew was an really good player for the Jazz, putting up 19, 20, and 15 PERs. Unless the Jazz knew beforehand about his habit, that's a decent return for a rookie.

Another guy I think we would have won a championship with:

Also, apparently he's a music artist now.

"The trade is still considered one of the worst in league history as Wilkins would go on to become a nine-time All-Star and slam dunk champion."

Actually, the money Sam Battistone received for Wilkens allowed him to make Jazz payroll and saved the team. Doesn't that qualify as one of the best trades in league history?

"The trade is still considered one of the worst in league history as Wilkins would go on to become a nine-time All-Star and slam dunk champion."

Actually, the money Sam Battistone received for Wilkens allowed him to make Jazz payroll and saved the team. Doesn't that qualify as one of the best trades in league history?

For the state of Utah yes, for the league no. The team would have been bought again and moved. The franchise would still exist. Even if it had different colors and name.

Picking Fesenko over Marc Gasol should be right up there. All we need was a serviceable center to match up with Pau Gasol to get past the Lakers then... Not to mention Lakers probably wouldn't be able to acquire Gasol in the first place if they didn't pick Marc

Picking Fesenko over Marc Gasol should be right up there. All we need was a serviceable center to match up with Pau Gasol to get past the Lakers then... Not to mention Lakers probably wouldn't be able to acquire Gasol in the first place if they didn't pick Marc

As a jazz fan this is one of my biggest pains, not that we drafted him over Gasol, though that does suck, but Fes had the physical skills and talent to be very good, but he just didn't care about being great or even good. He had a worse work ethic then even Ostertag, even ostertag was able to carve out a decent career. Was a presence inside on defense. Sadly Fes couldn't even do that. Simply put, Fes made Ostertag look like Malone as far as commitment to being a good basketball player.

Thanks for making me relive that waste of space of a basketball player. :mad:

As a jazz fan this is one of my biggest pains, not that we drafted him over Gasol, though that does suck, but Fes had the physical skills and talent to be very good, but he just didn't care about being great or even good. He had a worse work ethic then even Ostertag, even ostertag was able to carve out a decent career. Was a presence inside on defense. Sadly Fes couldn't even do that. Simply put, Fes made Ostertag look like Malone as far as commitment to being a good basketball player.

Thanks for making me relive that waste of space of a basketball player. :mad:
I remember in his draft workout they had told him to "put the ball on the floor" and come down the court, so he dropped the ball and walked down the court. He played this off like it was a language barrier but had done it intentionally. There was someone, I'm pretty sure VINYLONE, who (unbeknownst to him that it was intentional), thought this was great, showing that he's able to be perfectly molded for us telling him anything and he'd do it.

And they would have won those championships in Las Vegas since the Jazz traded him for cash in order to keep the team afloat.

The more I hear that story the more I wonder if it’s just spin. Can’t say as I wasn’t around then.

The more I hear that story the more I wonder if it’s just spin. Can’t say as I wasn’t around then.
Battistone was always strapped for cash. That's why Larry was able to buy the team for what now passes as a 1-year salary on a max contract.

Battistone was always strapped for cash. That's why Larry was able to buy the team for what now passes as a 1-year salary on a max contract.
Fact: Sam Battistone moved the team to Utah because he joined the LDS Church.

Another fact: There may not be a Utah for the Jazz to move to had the pioneers not settled it.

A suggestion: Offer up your prayers, spells, and sacrifices, at a holy place for DL these final two weeks of trade season.

dc_zps2bba27fd.jpg