What's new

Don and Mike questionable

If Donovan is hobbled like he was last game, just sit him. He is a negative on the floor like this. I'd rather see Bogey, Joe, and Clarkson get more time with the ball. Might not be a winning strategy, but it's better that watching a disabled star limp around.
Jazz highest potential is with a hobbled Mitchell vs not having him, especially if they are still double teaming. He just has to learn to adjust his game a bit.

Jazz win 2 in a row. Mitchell has some gutsy performances, but he is too injured to start the Phoenix series. Conley/Gobert carry Utah over Phoenix in 6 games. Mitchell tries to comeback in the Finals, but can't. Conley/Gobert carry Utah to the championship. Conley becomes GOATED

Jazz win 2 in a row. Mitchell has some gutsy performances, but he is too injured to start the Phoenix series. Conley/Gobert carry Utah over Phoenix in 6 games. Mitchell tries to comeback in the Finals, but can't. Conley/Gobert carry Utah to the championship. Conley becomes GOATED
1624045424394.png

Phoenix is good, but without Chris Paul they don't sweep us. Even if we're missing guys.
What's with all the injuries? Ron Boone NEVER missed a game and Stockton/Malone rarely missed games. Are the new athletes not training/conditioning/stretching/preparing properly or is it bad nutrition? I also don't like many of the new generation (I won't name names but you know who I am referring to) who when they are fouled, go down hard and act like they've been shot with a bazooka. Get up, man up and quit milking it!

Getting to the WCF is worth getting swept. This Jazz squad has not proven they're capable of getting out of the second round, or even being marginally competitive in the semifinals. If they lose tonight, this series ends on a major thud where the Jazz were swept the final four games. Losing four-straight in the playoffs is humiliating.

Even if this ends in a loss to the Suns, just getting to the WCF would be huge.

If this season ends tonight, it'll go down as probably the most disappointing season the franchise has seen since losing to the Rockets in the first round back in 1995.

Getting to the WCF is worth getting swept. This Jazz squad has not proven they're capable of getting out of the second round, or even being marginally competitive in the semifinals. If they lose tonight, this series ends on a major thud where the Jazz were swept the final four games. Losing four-straight in the playoffs is humiliating.

Even if this ends in a loss to the Suns, just getting to the WCF would be huge.

If this season ends tonight, it'll go down as probably the most disappointing season the franchise has seen since losing to the Rockets in the first round back in 1995.
Agreed.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

Listened to Tony Jones on his podcast... he seems pretty sure that both guys are gonna give it a go... we shall see what they have. Will be watching Donovan really close first few minutes to see if he has it. Maybe Mike was playing rope a dope and he is able to move... There is enough time in between now and game time that I will probably talk myself into the Jazz winning and take another punch straight to the nuts.

Listened to Tony Jones on his podcast... he seems pretty sure that both guys are gonna give it a go... we shall see what they have. Will be watching Donovan really close first few minutes to see if he has it. Maybe Mike was playing rope a dope and he is able to move... There is enough time in between now and game time that I will probably talk myself into the Jazz winning and take another punch straight to the nuts.

It's NOW or never...

I know it goes without saying, but this is just my opinion...
I say this because I was banned on another platform last March for simply stating my opinion--nothing rude or crude or profane--just an opinion that "might" be controversial or ruffle feathers. My previous comments mentioned how I was tired of Jazz commentators like Harpring and Bollerjack always gushing about the Jazz, Mitchell, Clarkson and Quinn and when I stated that there were some things I would like to see them do better, well...that was blasphemous.
For example, I mentioned that I wish Donovan didn't try to be a "hero" so much and play hero-ball. Now it goes without saying that saying that Donovan is our best player and is a superstar but I believe that he sometimes tries to play 1 on 3 and drives in and takes poor shots. Now driving in and creating is great as it draws in extra defenders thus leaving teammate(s) with an open shot. Ironically, Donovan mentioned playing "hero-ball" shortly after my comments and has gotten remarkably better just since March at breaking down the defense and dishing to the open man. I just wish we had more players who could do this. Conley can but he is not playing so it does us no good. Please Conley, if you are able, play ball! There is no tomorrow! We need you now! I believe this drive and dish attitude should be the mantra of any of our players (NOT just Donovan) who can dribble (sorry Rudy). Drive and dish, rinse and repeat. And as for Rudy, dive to the basket for an easy slam when extra defenders are picking up the driver. This will not only result in easy baskets but will also get the opposition if foul trouble. It's a win/win.
Quin Snyder is the best coach in the NBA and we are lucky to have him, but I wish he would do a few things different. In my opinion, a great coach does 3 things well. 1) Understands the game and can teach and communicate Xs and Os well. Quin does this masterfully. 2) Has player respect, love and trust and is able to communicate this to his players. Again, I believe Quin does this very well. 3) Is able to inspire, motivate fire up players. This includes being able to tactfully scold, correct and change bad behavior and encourage good behavior and play. Sorry, but I don't "feel" Quin does this very well. I just don't see and feel a lot of passion and energy and fire from Quin. I don't see him getting mad, yelling, getting technical fouls etc. Now I am not condoning violence and chair throwing like in days gone by, but I do want to see more fire. And I don't think players are delicate flowers and only need to be praised. Yes, positive reinforcement is better than negative reinforcement but there is a time and place for correction. Think Sloan, Layden, Majerus, Ditka, Riley, Belechick, Auerbach, Ainge, Rockne and Wooden. The coach often times is the spirit of the team and I kinda just wish Snyder had more of an edge--the Jazz unfortunately sometimes mirror his demeanor. I just wish the Jazz had more of a Michael Jordan, Mamba, killer instinct. Rudy sometimes does (I loved it when he knocked over those soda cups.) Donovan sometimes does as does Bogdonovich. But I don't see it much from the others--Ingles used to but has unfortunately mellowed. I wish we had some real fiery "enforcers" on our team like Ron Boone used to be or Jay Crowder or Malone or Stockton (yes, Stockton) or Marcus Smart or Rodman or Laimbeer or Shaq or Oakley. If we do lose--then at least go down fighting but my thought is that is we do play more physical and "motivated" then we will win.
Another thing I wish Quin did different would be to play the hot hand more. I don't mean to sound demeaning, but sometimes it seems like coach is alloting playing time like a junior Jazz coach who is required to give minutes to each player or the parents might get mad. When I coached, I would reward based on merit. I would play those who were contributing the most to the team's success whether that was through scoring, playmaking defense or hustle. When I played, I HATED it when the coach would take me out when I was on fire "in the zone." At times, Quin will take out the hot hand. Why?!! Other times, coach will continue to give minutes to a player who is out of synch or not contributing. Why?!! Sometimes a player can just be "off." I believe a superior coach can see these things and should reward playing time accordingly. To be clear, I don't subscribe to the B.S. idea that a player who is shooting poorly should just keep shooting till the shot falls. Game time is no time for shooting practice. And playoffs are no time to limit your stars minutes like you did in the regular season. Unless there is a medical reason, play your best players as many minutes as possible.
OK...I still believe the Jazz can win this series and the NBA Championship if they play UNSELFISH, smart ball (looking at you Clarkson) and with fire, passion and physicality.
Go Jazz!!!

Mike and Donovan have to give it a try
If they only last one minute each so be it
At least they can say we tried and I think fans will respect them and be grateful they did

It's NOW or never...

I know it goes without saying, but this is just my opinion...
I say this because I was banned on another platform last March for simply stating my opinion--nothing rude or crude or profane--just an opinion that "might" be controversial or ruffle feathers. My previous comments mentioned how I was tired of Jazz commentators like Harpring and Bollerjack always gushing about the Jazz, Mitchell, Clarkson and Quinn and when I stated that there were some things I would like to see them do better, well...that was blasphemous.
For example, I mentioned that I wish Donovan didn't try to be a "hero" so much and play hero-ball. Now it goes without saying that saying that Donovan is our best player and is a superstar but I believe that he sometimes tries to play 1 on 3 and drives in and takes poor shots. Now driving in and creating is great as it draws in extra defenders thus leaving teammate(s) with an open shot. Ironically, Donovan mentioned playing "hero-ball" shortly after my comments and has gotten remarkably better just since March at breaking down the defense and dishing to the open man. I just wish we had more players who could do this. Conley can but he is not playing so it does us no good. Please Conley, if you are able, play ball! There is no tomorrow! We need you now! I believe this drive and dish attitude should be the mantra of any of our players (NOT just Donovan) who can dribble (sorry Rudy). Drive and dish, rinse and repeat. And as for Rudy, dive to the basket for an easy slam when extra defenders are picking up the driver. This will not only result in easy baskets but will also get the opposition if foul trouble. It's a win/win.
Quin Snyder is the best coach in the NBA and we are lucky to have him, but I wish he would do a few things different. In my opinion, a great coach does 3 things well. 1) Understands the game and can teach and communicate Xs and Os well. Quin does this masterfully. 2) Has player respect, love and trust and is able to communicate this to his players. Again, I believe Quin does this very well. 3) Is able to inspire, motivate fire up players. This includes being able to tactfully scold, correct and change bad behavior and encourage good behavior and play. Sorry, but I don't "feel" Quin does this very well. I just don't see and feel a lot of passion and energy and fire from Quin. I don't see him getting mad, yelling, getting technical fouls etc. Now I am not condoning violence and chair throwing like in days gone by, but I do want to see more fire. And I don't think players are delicate flowers and only need to be praised. Yes, positive reinforcement is better than negative reinforcement but there is a time and place for correction. Think Sloan, Layden, Majerus, Ditka, Riley, Belechick, Auerbach, Ainge, Rockne and Wooden. The coach often times is the spirit of the team and I kinda just wish Snyder had more of an edge--the Jazz unfortunately sometimes mirror his demeanor. I just wish the Jazz had more of a Michael Jordan, Mamba, killer instinct. Rudy sometimes does (I loved it when he knocked over those soda cups.) Donovan sometimes does as does Bogdonovich. But I don't see it much from the others--Ingles used to but has unfortunately mellowed. I wish we had some real fiery "enforcers" on our team like Ron Boone used to be or Jay Crowder or Malone or Stockton (yes, Stockton) or Marcus Smart or Rodman or Laimbeer or Shaq or Oakley. If we do lose--then at least go down fighting but my thought is that is we do play more physical and "motivated" then we will win.
Another thing I wish Quin did different would be to play the hot hand more. I don't mean to sound demeaning, but sometimes it seems like coach is alloting playing time like a junior Jazz coach who is required to give minutes to each player or the parents might get mad. When I coached, I would reward based on merit. I would play those who were contributing the most to the team's success whether that was through scoring, playmaking defense or hustle. When I played, I HATED it when the coach would take me out when I was on fire "in the zone." At times, Quin will take out the hot hand. Why?!! Other times, coach will continue to give minutes to a player who is out of synch or not contributing. Why?!! Sometimes a player can just be "off." I believe a superior coach can see these things and should reward playing time accordingly. To be clear, I don't subscribe to the B.S. idea that a player who is shooting poorly should just keep shooting till the shot falls. Game time is no time for shooting practice. And playoffs are no time to limit your stars minutes like you did in the regular season. Unless there is a medical reason, play your best players as many minutes as possible.
OK...I still believe the Jazz can win this series and the NBA Championship if they play UNSELFISH, smart ball (looking at you Clarkson) and with fire, passion and physicality.
Go Jazz!!!
I_aint_reading_all_that_meme.jpg

I really thought we would've received an update by now.
If they wen't going to go, yes, we would probably have had an update by now. They are playing. Short of cutting off his foot, I think Mitchell suits up. Whether he is worth a damn on the court is another issue.

If they wen't going to go, yes, we would probably have had an update by now. They are playing. Short of cutting off his foot, I think Mitchell suits up. Whether he is worth a damn on the court is another issue.
I think we hear shortly on Mike... I think Donovan may go up until game time.

Jazz highest potential is with a hobbled Mitchell vs not having him, especially if they are still double teaming. He just has to learn to adjust his game a bit.
Am I the only one that watched Mitchell play in game 5? He was a major detriment to the team. If he's hobbled, he should not play. He's not a savvy veteran that can figure out how to play hurt. I admire the heck out of him for gutting it out, but I actually think it hurts us unless he's significantly improved.

Am I the only one that watched Mitchell play in game 5? He was a major detriment to the team. If he's hobbled, he should not play. He's not a savvy veteran that can figure out how to play hurt. I admire the heck out of him for gutting it out, but I actually think it hurts us unless he's significantly improved.
He needs to chill a bit if he does play. The bad shots were the only issue I had with his play.

He wasn't himself, but to say he was a major detriment to the team is too much. Clarkson took more really ill-advised shots in his short stint of the 2nd half of game 5.

Don took and missed a few bad shots, but he still had a decent 2nd half all things considered.

Sent from my SM-A516U using JazzFanz mobile app