What's new

Donald is about to go through some things...

She’s done what she can to help Trump, but Cannon’s interest in the Records Act is absurd. She needs to be corrected on appeal, if she isn’t going to knock off the foolishness….

“But her delays here are extraordinary,” he continued. “I mean, as you highlighted as others highlighted, she hasn’t even set a trial date. That’s remarkable. She ignored the government’s request months ago to set the schedule under the Classified Information Procedures Act that there are multiple steps that have to be gone through and she hasn’t she hasn’t completed step one. I think that alone, frankly, doomed the case to not start before the election or next year’s inauguration of whomever wins.”

Cobb then predicted that Smith will ultimately and successfully seek Cannon’s removal from the case by the 11th Circuit:

I think that Jack Smith– I think the filing today makes it plain that she has to rule, and if she doesn’t rule under either scenario, they’ll be in a position to take her up to the 11th Circuit. And I think the 11th circuit will likely take her off the case.

Sigh

Always the worst people. Always.

That should be a sign for trumpers on here. Why is a horrible person always being bailed out and helped by the worst people? You’d think that this would at some point override the tribalism that so many here are addicted to. But sadly, they’ve got their identities so wrapped up with Trump that they’ll never turn on him. They’ll never admit that liberals were right.

So they’ll continue to support and vote for the worst person in America supported by some of the worst businessmen, crooks, and dictators of the world. SMH

Sigh

Always the worst people. Always.

That should be a sign for trumpers on here. Why is a horrible person always being bailed out and helped by the worst people? You’d think that this would at some point override the tribalism that so many here are addicted to. But sadly, they’ve got their identities so wrapped up with Trump that they’ll never turn on him. They’ll never admit that liberals were right.

So they’ll continue to support and vote for the worst person in America supported by some of the worst businessmen, crooks, and dictators of the world. SMH
Blood in the water, the sharks are rising to the chum. All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good people to do nothing. And it's looking like there are fewer and fewer good people in politics in America anymore, and most aren't motivate by much more than getting re-elected. The nihilist in my can't help but feel like this is the beginning of the end.

Blood in the water, the sharks are rising to the chum. All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good people to do nothing. And it's looking like there are fewer and fewer good people in politics in America anymore, and most aren't motivate by much more than getting re-elected. The nihilist in my can't help but feel like this is the beginning of the end.
Hmmm eggs were expensive a year or two ago and I mean the price of milk. Therefore, time to vote for the disgusting reality tv president and wannabe fascist dictator!

I think a lot of Americans are sleeping walking to authoritarianism. No one wants to prosecute the guy. The media does an increasingly worse job of informing society on the issues (it’s more fun to come up with clickbait stories rather than talk about boring policy issues). Everyone hopes the laws magically bind him. Most are hoping for some black swan event, like a stroke, to take care of him. Annnnddddd so many Americans are just sleeping walking boredom and narcissism, looking forward for a second season of reality tv presidency-ing.

This is a good article.

View: https://x.com/murrayprof/status/1776034536133955884?s=46

It’s free to read. Trump is trying to exhaust good people so we all just give up. It’s important to keep this in mind since Trump
Merely wants the power of the White House to stay out of prison and enrich himself and his cronies
I will go back to giving up later. As long as trump is in the running, I'm voting for the other person/woman/man/camera/TV

#nevertrump

Sent from my CPH2451 using Tapatalk

This has always worked for me. He always wanted to be a mob boss, and settled for the Oval Office. He’s telling his cult that he’s tougher than Al Capone, been doing that for awhile actually….The mob boss as larger than life…

From the New York Times op-ed page:

"In recent months, Donald Trump has been trying out a new routine. At rallies and town halls across the country, he compares himself to Al Capone. “He was seriously tough, right?” Mr. Trump told a rally in Iowa in October, in an early rendition of the act. But “he was only indicted one time; I’ve been indicted four times.” (Capone was, in fact, indicted at least six times.) The implication is not just that Mr. Trump is being unfairly persecuted but also that he is four times as tough as Capone. “If you looked at him in the wrong way,” Mr. Trump explained, “he blew your brains out."

Mr. Trump’s eagerness to invoke Capone reflects an important shift in the image he wants to project to the world. In 2016, Mr. Trump played the reality TV star and businessman who would shake up politics, shock and entertain. In 2020, Mr. Trump was the strongman, desperately trying to hold on to power by whatever means possible. In 2024, Mr. Trump is in his third act: the American gangster, heir to Al Capone — besieged by the authorities, charged with countless egregious felonies but surviving and thriving nonetheless, with an air of macho invincibility. The evidence of Mr. Trump’s mobster pivot is everywhere. He rants endlessly about his legal cases in his stump speeches. On Truth Social, he boasts about having a bigger team of lawyers “than any human being in the history of our Country, including even the late great gangster, Alphonse Capone!” His team has used his mug shot — taken after he was indicted on a charge of racketeering in August — on T-shirts, mugs, Christmas wrapping, bumper stickers, beer coolers and even NFTs. They’ve sold off parts of the blue suit he was wearing in that now-infamous photo for more than $4,000 a piece (it came with a dinner with Mr. Trump at his Mar-a-Lago resort).

Commentators have long pointed out that Mr. Trump behaves like a mob boss: The way he demands loyalty from his followers, lashes out at rivals, bullies authorities and flaunts his impunity are all reminiscent of the wiseguys Americans know so well from movies and television. As a real-estate mogul in New York, he seems to have relished working with mobsters and learned their vernacular before bringing their methods into the White House: telling James Comey, “I expect loyalty”; imploring Volodymyr Zelensky, “Do us a favor”; and pressuring Georgia’s secretary of state, “Fellas, I need 11,000 votes.” But before, he downplayed the mobster act in public.

Now he actively courts the comparison. Mr. Trump’s audacious embrace of a criminal persona flies in the face of conventional wisdom. When Richard Nixon told the American public, “I am not a crook,” the underlying assumption was that voters would not want a crook in the White House. Mr. Trump is testing this assumption. It’s a canny piece of marketing. A violent mobster and a self-mythologizing millionaire, Capone sanitized his crimes by cultivating an aura of celebrity and bravery, grounded in distrust of the state and a narrative of unfair persecution. The public lapped it up. “Everybody sympathizes with him,” Vanity Fair noted of Capone in 1931, as the authorities closed in on him. “Al has made murder a popular amusement.” In similar fashion, Mr. Trump tries to turn his indictments into amusement, inviting his supporters to play along. “They’re not after me, they’re after you — I’m just standing in the way!” he says, a line that greets visitors to his website, as well.

Mr. Trump clearly hopes that his Al Capone act will offer at least some cover from the four indictments he faces. And there is a twisted logic to what he is doing: By adopting the guise of the gangster, he is able to recast his lawbreaking as vigilante justice — a subversive attempt to preserve order and peace — and transform himself into a folk hero. Partly thanks to this framing, it seems unlikely that a criminal conviction will topple his candidacy: not only because Mr. Trump has already taken so many other scandals in his stride but also because, as Capone shows, the convicted criminal can be as much an American icon as the cowboy and the frontiersman. In this campaign, Mr. Trump’s mug shot is his message — and the repeated references to Al Capone are there for anyone who needs it spelled out. In an essay from 1948, “The Gangster as Tragic Hero,” the critic Robert Warshow sought to explain the unique appeal of gangster fables in American life. He saw the gangster as a quintessentially American figure, the dark shadow of the country’s sunnier self-conception. “The gangster speaks for us,” Warshow wrote, “expressing that part of the American psyche which rejects the qualities and the demands of modern life.” It is easy to see why gangster fables appeal to so many Republican voters today. They are stories of immigrant assimilation and success, laced with anti-immigrant sentiment and rivalry. Their heroes are creatures of the big city — those nests of Republican neuroses — who tame its excesses through force but never forget God or their family along the way. In many ways, minus the murder, they are ideal conservative citizens: enterprising, loyal, distrustful of government; prone to occasional ethical lapses, but who’s perfect?

Mr. Trump knows that in America, crooks can be the good guys. When the state is seen as corrupt, the crook becomes a kind of Everyman, bravely beating the system at its own game. This is the cynical logic that the gangster and the right-wing populist share: Everyone’s as bad as anyone else, so anything goes. “A crook is a crook,” Capone once said. “But a guy who pretends he is enforcing the law and steals on his authority is a swell snake. The worst type of these punks is the big politician, who gives about half his time to covering up so that no one will know he’s a thief.” It’s a worldview powerful enough to convince voters that even the prized institutions of liberal democracy — a free press, open elections, the rule of law — are fronts in the biggest racket of them all. This conceit has a rich pedigree in reactionary politics. “Would-be totalitarian rulers usually start their careers by boasting of their past crimes and carefully outlining their future ones,” Hannah Arendt warned. The gangster’s brutality also taps into what Warshow and others of his generation saw as the sadism in the American mind: the pleasure the public takes in seeing the gangster’s “unlimited possibility of aggression” inflicted upon others. The gangster is nothing without this license for violence, without the simple fact that, as Warshow put it, “he hurts people.” He intimidates his rivals and crushes his enemies. His cruelty is the point. The public can then enjoy “the double satisfaction of participating vicariously in the gangster’s sadism and then seeing it turned against the gangster himself.” “He is what we want to be and what we are afraid we may become,” Warshow wrote. Reverence and repulsion are all wrapped up. Capone’s rise, demise and exalted afterlife don’t hold happy clues for Mr. Trump’s opponents. Dethroning a mob boss is never easy. “He was the 1920s version of the Teflon man; nothing stuck to him,” Deirdre Bair wrote in a 2016 biography of Capone. After he was arrested in 1931 for tax fraud, his mob continued to prosper for another half-century, and Capone himself, who was released after six and a half years in prison for health reasons and died from a stroke and pneumonia in 1947 at age 48, achieved a type of immortality. Mr. Trump will see in his story many reasons to be cheerful.

“I often say Al Capone, he was one of the greatest of all time, if you like criminals,” Mr. Trump said in December. It was an interesting framing: “if you like criminals”? Mr. Trump has a hunch, and it’s more than just projection, that many Americans do."

Last edited:

“These half-cocked remarks aren’t new; they are a feature of who Trump is and how he communicates that to the public, and that’s key to understanding how he is as a leader.

The New York Times opinion writer Jamelle Bouie described it as “something akin to the soft bigotry of low expectations”, whereby no one expected him to behave in an orderly fashion or communicate well.

Some of these bizarre asides are best seen in full, like this one about Biden at the beach in Trump’s Georgia response to the State of the Union:

“Somebody said he looks great in a bathing suit, right? And you know, when he was in the sand and he was having a hard time lifting his feet through the sand, because you know sand is heavy, they figured three solid ounces per foot, but sand is a little heavy, and he’s sitting in a bathing suit. Look, at 81, do you remember Cary Grant? How good was Cary Grant, right? I don’t think Cary Grant, he was good. I don’t know what happened to movie stars today. We used to have Cary Grant and Clark Gable and all these people. Today we have, I won’t say names, because I don’t need enemies. I don’t need enemies. I got enough enemies. But Cary Grant was, like – Michael Jackson once told me, ‘The most handsome man, Trump, in the world.’ ‘Who?’ ‘Cary Grant.’ Well, we don’t have that any more, but Cary Grant at 81 or 82, going on 100. This guy, he’s 81, going on 100. Cary Grant wouldn’t look too good in a bathing suit, either. And he was pretty good-looking, right?”

“These half-cocked remarks aren’t new; they are a feature of who Trump is and how he communicates that to the public, and that’s key to understanding how he is as a leader.

The New York Times opinion writer Jamelle Bouie described it as “something akin to the soft bigotry of low expectations”, whereby no one expected him to behave in an orderly fashion or communicate well.

Some of these bizarre asides are best seen in full, like this one about Biden at the beach in Trump’s Georgia response to the State of the Union:

“Somebody said he looks great in a bathing suit, right? And you know, when he was in the sand and he was having a hard time lifting his feet through the sand, because you know sand is heavy, they figured three solid ounces per foot, but sand is a little heavy, and he’s sitting in a bathing suit. Look, at 81, do you remember Cary Grant? How good was Cary Grant, right? I don’t think Cary Grant, he was good. I don’t know what happened to movie stars today. We used to have Cary Grant and Clark Gable and all these people. Today we have, I won’t say names, because I don’t need enemies. I don’t need enemies. I got enough enemies. But Cary Grant was, like – Michael Jackson once told me, ‘The most handsome man, Trump, in the world.’ ‘Who?’ ‘Cary Grant.’ Well, we don’t have that any more, but Cary Grant at 81 or 82, going on 100. This guy, he’s 81, going on 100. Cary Grant wouldn’t look too good in a bathing suit, either. And he was pretty good-looking, right?”
Wow if that kind of **** isn't indicative of a cracked mind I don't know what is. He is a full-on psychopath. Hopefully he finishes his life in prison.

What a weirdo.

Sent from my CPH2451 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Red

such business
big leadership
much inspiration
so strategy

such business
big leadership
much inspiration
so strategy
He is clearly god’s chosen vessel. He’s so honest, good at business, so smart, even a stable genius! Without Trump, god is dead. America is dead. And Biden and his group of sharia law loving trans athletes will force everyone to get gay married abortions.

This is what’s at stake!

Last edited:
Poor Trump (tongue in cheek)

Trump Media shares have been slipping in recent days. So has Donald Trump’s net worth.

Trump is no longer listed on the Bloomberg Billionaires Index, a daily ranking of the world’s 500 richest people, after the stock price for Trump Media – the parent company behind the former president’s social media company Truth Social – took a nosedive.

Shares dipped 12% on Friday and 8% Monday. After sliding as much as 4.8% on Tuesday, the stock rallied to close at $37.47, up 0.8% for the day but down more than 50% from its peak in late March.

Sent from my OPD2203 using Tapatalk