What's new

Donovan makes Yahoo's mid season award list but not for what you expect

Locke made an interesting point on his podcast this week. Donovan's numbers have improved the more he's played point guard in the wake of the Rubio and Exum injuries. The overall jazz offense numbers are worse but Donovan's are better. Last year Donovan spent 34% of his time on the floor playing pg. This year it's like 5% or thereabouts, I can't recall the exact number. That alone helps to account for his statistical slide. Donovan will be fine. Donovan will be great.

So Markelle Fultz and Frank Ntlikina have made more improvement than Donovan? Both picked higher by the way.

Donovan as Least Improved is just a BS buzz/click-pick.

But yeah, a deep dive into Donovan's stats and you'll come with some ugly numbers.

I wonder how they prefer their crow? He’ll have them eating it by the plate full come seasons end would be my guess.

With Donovan at PG, the offense is slightly worse but the defense is much better right?

Sent from my VS995 using JazzFanz mobile app
And again how much of that is the personal adjustment around him. Add another capable scoring wing and/or stretch 4 and I bet the numbers explode.

And again how much of that is the personal adjustment around him. Add another capable scoring wing and/or stretch 4 and I bet the numbers explode.

Our "real" starting lineup is positive and one of the best defensive starting 5s in the league (after Thunder and Grizz). Our lineup with Jae in for Favors (essentially the starting lineup, plays the most minutes) is #2 in the entire league (behind OKC Russ/Ferguson/PG/Grant/Adams). This is just this season too. Last season these lineups were even better. I don't know how much more the numbers can "explode"

Locke made an interesting point on his podcast this week. Donovan's numbers have improved the more he's played point guard in the wake of the Rubio and Exum injuries. The overall jazz offense numbers are worse but Donovan's are better. Last year Donovan spent 34% of his time on the floor playing pg. This year it's like 5% or thereabouts, I can't recall the exact number. That alone helps to account for his statistical slide. Donovan will be fine. Donovan will be great.

Locke premise is that the team is worse offensively during the stretch because Donovan is playing point is false (in his words "Donovan numbers look good but the team numbers look worse"). He doesn't consider that we are missing three key players at the point position. In other words, we might be even worse if Donovan wasn't this great during this stretch.

I like Locke and his analysis, but this analysis is wrong.

Donovan will be what we all hoped he'll be. He is still the best player from the draft class even with struggles this year.

This article is very dumb... please let us circulate it and have DM and Rudy aware of this trash.