What's new

Donovan Mitchell is the next Rose, Wall, Westbrook... -Cowherd

Westbrook is "the beautiful guy that girls keep dumping", which describes Donovan perfectly.

Why just last week, I bumped into Joe at Best Buy and we got to talking about what a media hog Mitchell is. Joe then confided in me that his agent is talking to Houston (hush, hush) and that Rudy will be demanding a trade later this summer, because both of them are getting bone-*** tired of the Mitchell Show.

I just don't know how Cowherd picked up on this so soon -- damn, that guy is good!

Fixed

What I dont get is how a lot of these sports radio guys like Cowherd even have a job. You would think part of your job description would be knowing sports not just a little bit, but really well. You would think that fans would have an overall high opinion of you. Instead all you read about Cowherd is how dumb he is.

What I dont get is how a lot of these sports radio guys like Cowherd even have a job. You would think part of your job description would be knowing sports not just a little bit, but really well. You would think that fans would have an overall high opinion of you. Instead all you read about Cowherd is how dumb he is.
These guys talk about all sports for 3 straight hours, mostly by themselves. I mean, they have to say something so they are bound to say some stupid ****. It's probably a really hard job to do well and it helps to be controversial, which leads to saying dumb stuff.

The general consensus response to Cowherd among NBA fans was Cowherd was smoking crack rocks on that one. Nice to see one of our own get some respect.

Love to see media "experts" get raked over the coals. Your job is to report the news, not opine as if you are an expert on all sports. Know your place.

Cowherd may be the biggest windbag of all. Completely full of ****.

These guys talk about all sports for 3 straight hours, mostly by themselves. I mean, they have to say something so they are bound to say some stupid ****. It's probably a really hard job to do well and it helps to be controversial, which leads to saying dumb stuff.
Yeah... they are not paid to say smart stuff... they are paid to say stuff that make people tune in and controversial stuff is what makes most people tune in.

Cowherd belongs to the 'hot take' fraternity of sports commentators. Like others of his ilk (e.g., Steven A., Skip, Chuck, Shaq, etc.), he likes to make polarizing statements without putting in any effort to get informed, while studiously avoiding anything that could remotely be called an "advanced stat." He can be fun to listen if one can deal with grimacing now and then when he goes off into stupid land (before doing so, I recommend exercising your eyeballs to prevent strain from all the eye rolling you're likely to do), I actually enjoy him now and again.

Love to see media "experts" get raked over the coals. Your job is to report the news, not opine as if you are an expert on all sports. Know your place.

Cowherd may be the biggest windbag of all. Completely full of ****.
His job isn't to report, it is to opine.

?

You guys have this all wrong. We should be thanking Cowherd for what he said and the fact Mitchell responded with "Heard."

Mitchell wasnt very efficient last season.He was a weak 3pt shooter in conparison to great off guards. This is going to drive him to improve the aspect of his game that can help us the most.

Meh...

A mention is more than we got before DM was here, so that's something. All the greats have their fair share of comparisons, and criticisms. It's a good sign.

Probably one of the dumbest takes I have heard from the media.

You guys have this all wrong. We should be thanking Cowherd for what he said and the fact Mitchell responded with "Heard."

Mitchell wasnt very efficient last season.He was a weak 3pt shooter in conparison to great off guards. This is going to drive him to improve the aspect of his game that can help us the most.
Yes.
But I think DM works on his shooting regardless of what CC says.

I think he is motivated by being the best and winning the title. Anything talking heads, or anyone else, says is just noise.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using JazzFanz mobile app

His job isn't to report, it is to opine.

?
Right. Cowherd is to sports media what, say, Hannity is to political media. They are both hot takers paid loads of money to spout strong opinions that stimulate the emotional part of the listener's/viewer's brain, not the rational part. Unfortunately, the line between hot takers and legitimate media has become blurred, but it is useful, nonetheless, to make an effort to distinguish the two.

This guy is hilarious. Mitchell isn't great because he can't shoot (forget the statistics that show otherwise), but Simmons, who made zero three pointers, is awesome. LOLZ. This guy doesn't believe what he's saying. Carnival barker.

Silly comparison; full of errors. Shooting 34% from three is very good, for a rookie.

The only part of the comparison that concerns me is the one about Rose. Not because he can't shoot, but because Rose pushed his body so hard, it broke. Donovan shows some of those tendencies. When he literally jumped over a slightly hunched Capella, I remember thinking all Clint had to do was stand up straight and Mitchell's season and maybe career are over. Scary thought!