What's new

Donovan Mitchell is Tyreke Evans not D wade

Last summer/Fall I feel Donovan didn't really had the time to really improve himself game wise. He was always busy traveling and making special appearances all over the world due to his current success. I felt a little worried because it would happen and it kinda did.

sitting in the "owners chair" in the sense of trying, w/o actual expertise, to make big decisions about a sports team, the first instinct is to trust the coach and maybe some others who "know", but if I were a real "owner" of this team..... I'd be questioning the coach's handling of this man.

A great rookie stumbling in the beginning of the first whole season. What is coach doing? The big rush about DM came, I think, because he brought confidence and good manners to a beat up team. Everybody responded positively, even the broken up benched "stars". But what about now?

Has Coach coached the enthusiasm outta the rookie, imposing impossible disciplines on natural talent?

I see the comment about DM "trying too hard". Is that because he's being forced into a game philosophy he's not ever going to shine up to? Trying too hard to do things "coach's way". Is he good enough we should let him be the new idea coach should work around?

Last summer/Fall I feel Donovan didn't really had the time to really improve himself game wise. He was always busy traveling and making special appearances all over the world due to his current success. I felt a little worried because it would happen and it kinda did.
The dude was in a ****ing walking boot. This whole narrative of Donovan slacking over the summer needs to die. Honestly, taking a break was probably by far the best thing for him, anyways.

Also, him putting in the work to gain commercial success while being in Utah will pay massive dividends for the Jazz (and all small markets, really) in the long run.

He just hasn't been making good decisions. I've noticed he'll drive into 3 defenders, and magically think he'll be able to pull a magic trick and score. Rubio does this as well, but better recognizes its a hopeless situation and keeps on dribbling through or pass it out. DM rarely keeps his dribble alive once under the basket.

While I think trying to define a sophomore is absolutely ridiculous, I don't think Mitchell should be excluded from criticism of his shaky start to the season. He hasn't looked like himself of last year and quite frankly he's regressed.

While I think trying to define a sophomore is absolutely ridiculous, I don't think Mitchell should be excluded from criticism of his shaky start to the season. He hasn't looked like himself of last year and quite frankly he's regressed.
He looked damn good on that move to the basket leaving PG in the dust, but as one poster said, he shouldn't have wound up like he did, allowing Westbrook to catch up to him. But that showed his determination and fire, something that should be praised, though maybe not so wise.

I blame Kobe Bryant.

Ever since Kobe did that video and he tried to take hia advice, he hasnt been the same. I noticed right when it happened. The magic just disappeared.

sitting in the "owners chair" in the sense of trying, w/o actual expertise, to make big decisions about a sports team, the first instinct is to trust the coach and maybe some others who "know", but if I were a real "owner" of this team..... I'd be questioning the coach's handling of this man.

A great rookie stumbling in the beginning of the first whole season. What is coach doing? The big rush about DM came, I think, because he brought confidence and good manners to a beat up team. Everybody responded positively, even the broken up benched "stars". But what about now?

Has Coach coached the enthusiasm outta the rookie, imposing impossible disciplines on natural talent?

I see the comment about DM "trying too hard". Is that because he's being forced into a game philosophy he's not ever going to shine up to? Trying too hard to do things "coach's way". Is he good enough we should let him be the new idea coach should work around?
One of the worst takes I've ever seen babe.

I blame Kobe Bryant.

Ever since Kobe did that video and he tried to take hia advice, he hasnt been the same. I noticed right when it happened. The magic just disappeared.
Guess I'm a hack as well. I really believe that thing ****ed with him.

DM has as much latitude to shoot as any inefficient checker I've seen. If anything, coach needs to pull his *** for his quick pull up 3's. You know it's not going in before he releases.

I blame Kobe Bryant.

but he dropped 38 on the thunder in game 6....but yeah I kind of know what you're saying, but DM problem right now is that the shots that fell last season aren't falling right now. He just needs to keep working, he will be fine. He needs time to adjust.

but he dropped 38 on the thunder in game 6....but yeah I kind of know what you're saying, but DM problem right now is that the shots that fell last season aren't falling right now. He just needs to keep working, he will be fine. He needs time to adjust.
Didn't that video come out during the Houston series?

He was in a damn walking boot until late July/early August then he wasnt cleared for contact. He wouldn't have been able to work on his game regardless.