What's new

Donovan Mitchell: Steal of the Draft?

Mitchell is pressing but that is how alpha males are born. He seems to have the drive to always get better. I'm not worried in the least that it won't come together. He's just not quite ready right now.

He's struggling... it's clear there are nerves and too much thinking going on... his feel will come. He gets where he needs to go but isn't quite sure what to do when he gets there.

His defense has been a little worse than I expected, but again it's mental mistakes.

Even though he's had two rough nights he hasn't had any negative body language that Exum and Hayward did when they were frustrated... he will push through it. He needs to get hot one night and have that first breakthrough.

Yes if it was redrafted with hindsight, Dmitch wouldnt be in utah

Mitchell is pressing but that is how alpha males are born. He seems to have the drive to always get better. I'm not worried in the least that it won't come together. He's just not quite ready right now.

Did you know there is no such thing as an alpha male? There isn't even such a thing as an alpha male wolf, which is where the whole alpha myth started. The person who originally proposed the concept of the alpha wolf found through additional study that there was no such thing and tried very hard to dispel the myth he started, but people just love the idea too much to let it go.

Anyway, I'm sure you like 95% or more of men think you're an alpha male and it's pretty important to your identity so you're gonna keep on believing in the alpha male myth.

Did you know there is no such thing as an alpha male? There isn't even such a thing as an alpha male wolf, which is where the whole alpha myth started. The person who originally proposed the concept of the alpha wolf found through additional study that there was no such thing and tried very hard to dispel the myth he started, but people just love the idea too much to let it go.

Anyway, I'm sure you like 95% or more of men think you're an alpha male and it's pretty important to your identity so you're gonna keep on believing in the alpha male myth.

we need more information on this myth.

plz go on

Do beta males exist because I think I'm that.

Mitchell has never been an efficient scorer or a capable floor general, he's always been an aggressive SG prone to bad decisions and forcing the issue, and his defense right now is more based on pure effort than awareness, so everything we've seen so far was to be expected, especially as he's had to play PG as well. And you know what? That's totally fine. He's just a rookie, and while he's got great potential (though he will always be a bit limited by his height), he will need time like most young guys coming into the league before he learns how to play within the flow of the game and limit his mistakes on both ends.

Just be patient with the kid and don't place expectations on him that are unfair for a rookie just because the team doesn't have a great scorer or a stronger wing rotation. The most important thing this year is to see improvement on his part, to watch him grow, become more steady and take better decisions both on offense and defense. With his maturity and hard working nature, I'm confident we'll see him develop over the next few weeks and months.

This seemed unnecessarily harsh.

Its his 2nd game... he was always going to make mistakes and itll tale time for him to work it out. Its important to let him play through his mistakes though.

I still feel taking thr backup PG minutes from him will help him settle and find his game faster, once the game starts slowing down for him then sure but for now Id prefer he focus on defending and his shooting.

This seemed unnecessarily harsh.

I've always really hated the alpha male thing, in regard to sports and otherwise. So the Adam Ruins Everything thing on it made me super happy. I didn't think it was a total myth, I just figured less than 1% of men were actually alphas while 95% or more men thought they were alphas and would go on and on about people needing to be alphas.

Nothing personal against that poster. Sorry Sahlensguy. Not trying top be a jerk to you, you just "triggered" me.

I'll take it to the pet peeve thread...

I've always really hated the alpha male thing, in regard to sports and otherwise. So the Adam Ruins Everything thing on it made me super happy. I didn't think it was a total myth, I just figured less than 1% of men were actually alphas while 95% or more men thought they were alphas and would go on and on about people needing to be alphas.

Nothing personal against that poster. Sorry Sahlensguy. Not trying top be a jerk to you, you just "triggered" me.

I'll take it to the pet peeve thread...

x1000

Donovan looks way undersized out there... I fear he might be a bust as a star and what I mean by that is his ceiling is rotation guy. Damn we need an offensive star...

Donovan looks way undersized out there... I fear he might be a bust as a star and what I mean by that is his ceiling is rotation guy. Damn we need an offensive star...

hes gona be a defensive stopper....the next grind father.

He can be an Eric Gordon or Jason Terry, maybe a bit more. He'll be a piece of the puzzle.