What's new

Donovan, other players considering not playing

I can understand Don. My soccer team just returned to play and 18 minutes in my favourite player of all time gets injured. Broken his shinbone on a contact that didn't even look that serious.

It's fun until you fall into a group with PSG and Real Madrid, lol.

What's your team?

I doubt you know it: Wisła Kraków,13 times champions of Poland, 1/8 UEFA cup in 2002. They were really nice to watch around that time but never made it to champions league, in the last qualifying rounds they had "luck" to play against Barça, Real.. If you follow Bundesliga you probably know Blaszczykowski who played for Dortmund, he played in Cracow before and came back year ago to play again and save the club from bankruptcy, one of the most amazing examples of loyalty in sports I ve ever seen (he lent the club million euro..) I live abroad but follow it and go support whenever I am back in Poland.

I doubt you know it: Wisła Kraków,13 times champions of Poland, 1/8 UEFA cup in 2002. They were really nice to watch around that time but never made it to champions league, in the last qualifying rounds they had "luck" to play against Barça, Real.. If you follow Bundesliga you probably know Blaszczykowski who played for Dortmund, he played in Cracow before and came back year ago to play again and save the club from bankruptcy, one of the most amazing examples of loyalty in sports I ve ever seen (he lent the club million euro..) I live abroad but follow it and go support whenever I am back in Poland.
I know Wisla Krakow! Not that I follow but poland sends some players to Turkey. Mirosław Szymkowiak had quite an impact in Turkey.

Qualifying rounds are so disadvantageous. I don't remember any Turkish team coming in 2nd and making the champions league in a long time.

We won the Uefa and super cup in 2000 and didn't come close again.

I think if this was last season and LeBron was out and The Lakers had no shot, LBJ and about 75-80% of the players would be vocally opposed to playing out the season. Definitely not a coincidence that Kyrie is currently representing the opposition party.

If you're a young millionaire the last thing you would want to do is be sequestered on a Disney Resort for most of the summer and into the fall.

And given the current climate, the optics are awful - stuck in a confined area in the deep south so the owners can re-coup some of their losses? Awkwarddddddddddd………..

Have said multiple times they should just cancel the season and try and play a full 82 next year. Time will tell. As for DM, I understand him wanting an insurance policy. I dont get that he is the only one not back in SLC. That is bad form any way you look at it.

Have said multiple times they should just cancel the season and try and play a full 82 next year. Time will tell. As for DM, I understand him wanting an insurance policy. I dont get that he is the only one not back in SLC. That is bad form any way you look at it.
The season is proceeding with or without everyone. There’s too much money at stake. Guys don’t have to play if they don’t want, they just give up their pay. As for the second part, had he even just made himself available to local media and answered some questions it would have been okay too. But everyone except him has been in and out of SLC. It’s just not acceptable as the franchise guy the way he’s acted the last 3 months.

The season is proceeding with or without everyone. There’s too much money at stake. Guys don’t have to play if they don’t want, they just give up their pay. As for the second part, had he even just made himself available to local media and answered some questions it would have been okay too. But everyone except him has been in and out of SLC. It’s just not acceptable as the franchise guy the way he’s acted the last 3 months.
Whatever... He doesn't owe us anything. We are in unprecedented times. There is no "standard of expectations."

Donovan has had interviews and hasn't dwelled on the Gobert thing. In my opinion, it's a non-issue made bigger by fans and media. Quin breezed right by the issue in his interview too.

So what Don hasn't been in Utah. The last time he was around teammates he got COVID. Why push going to Utah to make people like you feel better? If he doesn't show up in Florida, we can revisit this conversation.

Sent from my VS995 using JazzFanz mobile app

Whatever... He doesn't owe us anything. We are in unprecedented times. There is no "standard of expectations."

Donovan has had interviews and hasn't dwelled on the Gobert thing. In my opinion, it's a non-issue made bigger by fans and media. Quin breezed right by the issue in his interview too.

So what Don hasn't been in Utah. The last time he was around teammates he got COVID. Why push going to Utah to make people like you feel better? If he doesn't show up in Florida, we can revisit this conversation.

There is no defending the way he’s acted and hid for 3 months. None. Stop trying to drive this point, I don’t agree with you. When 2-way players have set a better precedent than you, there’s no excuses for the lack of leadership/commitment. You can like Donovan, I like Donovan, he has not done any interviews and in fact has refused interviews with local media. He’s been hiding from dealing with his **** for 3 months. He should be better. You can like and support him, and want him here and also admit when he’s been a ****** leader for the last few months. Donovan’s great at being a leader when things are good, but it’s becoming kinda clear when things get tough or there’s a headline out about him he doesn’t like he has a lot of growing left to do.

Last edited:
Good on Ed Davis speaking up and basically calling out Kyrie and Dwight, two guys who’ve made hundreds of millions and have the luxury of sitting out.

Good on Ed Davis speaking up and basically calling out Kyrie and Dwight, two guys who’ve made hundreds of millions and have the luxury of sitting out.

I really hope Kyrie is doing what he’s doing because he truely believes in the cause and that he truely feels the BLM message is a stronger one with no basketball. Davis’s comments do give me reason for pause as I’m sure he knows Kyrie well, and the situation, but I’m giving Kyrie the benefit of the doubt and feel maybe basketball shouldn’t be paid, but if this is the case. The stars in this coalition should be willing to donate to guys not getting paid more than minimum or something like that.

There is no defending the way he’s acted and hid for 3 months. None. Stop trying to drive this point, I don’t agree with you. When 2-way players have set a better precedent than you, there’s no excuses for the lack of leadership/commitment. You can like Donovan, I like Donovan, he has not done any interviews and in fact has refused interviews with local media. He’s been hiding from dealing with his **** for 3 months. He should be better. You can like and support him, and want him here and also admit when he’s been a ****** leader for the last few months. Donovan’s great at being a leader when things are good, but it’s becoming kinda clear when things get tough or there’s a headline out about him he doesn’t like he has a lot of growing left to do.
You're the one who needs to grow up. Donovan owes us nothing.

If he doesn't show in FL, you have a point. Until that day, stop crying. Gobert and Donovan are the leaders of this team. The only difference between them after the supposed drama was Gobert in Utah. Well, he owns a house with a gym here.

Stop casting stones oneye

You're the one who needs to grow up. Donovan owes us nothing.

If he doesn't show in FL, you have a point. Until that day, stop crying. Gobert and Donovan are the leaders of this team. The only difference between them after the supposed drama was Gobert in Utah. Well, he owns a house with a gym here.

Stop casting stones oneye

It really is tiresome to no end. Besides, didn’t he refute being in that players Coalition and wants to play?

Let me get this straight. The players will be playing basketball with and against each other bumping and grinding but can’t stand next to each other in a doubles ping pong match. Makes sense. Lol
Yeah I don’t see the logic in this either lol