What's new

Don't hate Da Playa hate Da game!!!!

Zulu

Alright Y'all here's the thing........

I've been doing a bit of contemplating lately and this is how it is.....

We all need to stop hatin' on Ty.....

The dude has obviously been following the game plan laid out by the FO!!!!

The past two years strategy-

1. Play the vets get them their numbers and hope to flip them for assets in a trade

2. Play the young guys just enough keep their league value low allow us to sign them for less

This year's strategy-

1. Play the young guys big minutes given them the opportunity to shine but produce many losses giving us a chance at a potential superstar

2. Play the vets enough minutes to show their value and flip them at trade deadline

Soooo...... Don't hate Da Playa hate Da game!!!!

Agreed.

Ty's been dealt a raw deal this year and he's doing his damn best with the likes of Lucas III as the starting PG.

Honestly he has given burks good minutes and burks has failed to use em properly.... and he has gave starting roles to the rest of the core and even had favors doing the opening jump like I had wanted.
Still playing jefferson too much but I have to wait to see what corbin does when burke gets back.

So far can't complain much about corbin

He's the fall guy, for sure.

I'm not saying he's a great coach, but he's clearly just doing what he's told.

£¥£

Honestly he has given burks good minutes and burks has failed to use em properly.... and he has gave starting roles to the rest of the core and even had favors doing the opening jump like I had wanted.
Still playing jefferson too much but I have to wait to see what corbin does when burke gets back.

So far can't complain much about corbin

Im cool with the RJ minutes.... If he keeps dropping threes like the past few games some team will take him for a playoff run!!!

Im cool with the RJ minutes.... If he keeps dropping threes like the past few games some team will take him for a playoff run!!!

Yeah I can't fault Ty playing Jefferson big minutes - he's clearly one of our best player on the wing so far (Hayward being the other). He actually looked like he gives a **** about winning the game.

I just don't see this happening. He's the highest paid player and I can't find a situation where a trade makes sense. Williams is much more likely, and playing his *** off like its a possibility.

Alright Y'all here's the thing........

I've been doing a bit of contemplating lately and this is how it is.....

We all need to stop hatin' on Ty.....

The dude has obviously been following the game plan laid out by the FO!!!!

The past two years strategy-

1. Play the vets get them their numbers and hope to flip them for assets in a trade

2. Play the young guys just enough keep their league value low allow us to sign them for less

This year's strategy-

1. Play the young guys big minutes given them the opportunity to shine but produce many losses giving us a chance at a potential superstar

2. Play the vets enough minutes to show their value and flip them at trade deadline

Soooo...... Don't hate Da Playa hate Da game!!!!
Even if you are correct that this has been the strategy, you're crazy if you believe that Ty has succeeded at executing it. I can't even figure out which element of that you believe he's done well at.

Ty expressed his concerns in the off season about their chances while being so young. And how the fans would view his abilities and progression. The front office made it clear they will stand by him. If management is behind Corbin then I guess we all should be too.

That was a real story out of the off season. So I dont understand why so many people think he is going to be fired. Plus it just isn't very fair for him. He has JL3 for crying out loud.

I still think of Big Al when somebody says Jefferson.

Can we start calling him RJeff?

£¥£

That's another thing that had bothered me. People kept calling out Ty for playing the likes of Big Al and Millsap too much. Complete bull IMO.

Look at what happened this year with them gone - we went straight from being a playoff team to a 1-11 team.

That's another thing that had bothered me. People kept calling out Ty for playing the likes of Big Al and Millsap too much. Complete bull IMO.

Look at what happened this year with them gone - we went straight from being a playoff team to a 1-11 team.

We weren't a playoff team last year doe.

£¥£

I have no beef with Corbin this year because he's doing us a huge service. However, the reasons we are bad are multiple and the idea that he's just doing what he's told is conjecture. Every year with any given player we talk about how the Jazz are going to "wait until the deadline" when their value goes up. There's often no substance to this speculation but we all keep repeating it all year that we come to accept the fact that player x is being shopped and we're just waiting for the "ripe opportunity" to deal them. When this deadline comes and passes, we then, like those incorrectly guessing the second coming, cling to the new idea of a summer trade being imminent. The idea that Corbin was instructed to showcase vets is silly, but that's the truism we've adopted here.

Corbin's weaknesses are not highlighted by this year and our poor record. Corbin's weaknesses are highlighted by the fact that guys in our starting lineup, for reasons only known to Corbin, are all still rookies.

Ty expressed his concerns in the off season about their chances while being so young. And how the fans would view his abilities and progression. The front office made it clear they will stand by him. If management is behind Corbin then I guess we all should be too.

That was a real story out of the off season. So I dont understand why so many people think he is going to be fired. Plus it just isn't very fair for him. He has JL3 for crying out loud.

Can't agree enough with this really.

You mean when Millsap mentally 'checked out' half way through the year when he wasn't traded? Also who was our PG when Mo was out with that injury?

Was just stating a fact bro. We didn't make playoffs, so not a playoff team.

#science

£¥£