What's new

Down On the Farm

Queen went head to head with Butler in two back to back games in Texas and embarrased JB. it's basketball and that happens.

Will Xavier Sneed make an appearance for either the Stars or Jazz tonight? The drama and suspense is killing me.

He probably didn't travel to LA if that's what you're asking. I'm guessing he'll start practicing and getting some work in during the All Star break.

The Kings have waived three players in the past week that would appear to me to have more promise than most of our current Stars players. Two of the players were drafted right behind Eliza Hughes in 2020 and the other is former Oregon player Louis King. The two drafted players were both averaging 19 points in the GLeague this season.

There was a GLeague game this afternoon as the Cavs GLeague team beat the GLeague Ignite 96-92. Three Jazz alums were in double figures as Malik Newman had 30, Justin James 17 and Kevin Murphy 13.

The Kings have waived three players in the past week that would appear to me to have more promise than most of our current Stars players. Two of the players were drafted right behind Eliza Hughes in 2020 and the other is former Oregon player Louis King. The two drafted players were both averaging 19 points in the GLeague this season.

I think Jahmius Ramsey is an NBA player.

Hoops rumors had a story today about players signing GLeague deals. The three former Kings players and Quin Cook were the big names. Another name was Malik Fitts who signed with the Clipps GLeague team. I guess his wrist has healed. I guess the Jazz don't deem him a prospect any more.

Malik Fitts didn't last long in the GLeague. The Celtics signed him and former Jazz summer league player Kelan Martin to 10-day deals today. The Fitts signing is just weird. I thought he was so badly injured the Jazz had to let him go from his two way contract. I guess not.

Stars lose by 7 tonight playing 7 players. Our new two way player stinks. Carsen Edwards and Jared Wilson Frame both played 44 minutes. Edwards had 34 points and Wilson Frame had 24. Childs the leading rebounder with a double-double and Wilson Frame the leading assist guy. Alston and Rayvonte Rice were also in double figures. Stars played really hard but ran out of gas at the end. Wilson Frame and Childs were the only two with a + in the box score. I can't emphasize just how bad Sneed looked. Thurl Bailey's son is better.

He's shooting 27% on 6 attempts per game. The year before that was 23% on 4 per game.
The GLeague's website said he is averaging 5 three point shots per game making 2.5 of them. To arrive at that particular stat he goes bricky mcpherson for one game and then makes virtually all of his shots the rest of the time. He is shooting better this GLeague season than last. I think that the stat is a bit of an outlier. However the Kings let him go so they don't view him as a prospect.

I saw a blurb on the professional league in the Ukraine and in neighboring countries folding up shop for obvious reasons. There are some decent players looking to land somewhere. One of them is Michael Stockton who is back in Spokane and who was averaging 13 points and 6 assists and his teammate a first round draft pick in 2013 signed with an Israeli team. Another player is a smallish guard Jerome Randle who played with an Aussie team against the Jazz a few years ago. The guy was Pac 12 player of the year following Kevin Love and James Harden in the award. Randle could be a piece to be added for the playoffs. He was player of the year in Australia twice. If the Stars are having to play with 7 guys and our new two way guy stinks these moves should be a no brainer but I forget the new owner doesn't want to spend any money.

Isiah Thomas with a 46 point 5 rebound 7 assists game in the GLeague tonight with a +31 in the box score. Could he help the Jazz?