What's new

Draft Homers List 2023

I’m just saying it’s not your style.

I feel like the Hawkins pick was very you, then I dunno, maybe you got scared you’d be wrong and laughed at so you changed your pick?

I mean at least Cy is sticking to his guns with the JHS pick.

We’re not gonna laugh at you.

When I started the original Homer Pick thread this was supposed to be a fun exercise.
There’s a method do my madness. I moved off Hawkins because he just adds to the jazz’s greatest weakness and biggest thing holding us back, perimeter defense. This is what will ultimately keep us out of the playoffs. I want to get bigger and more athletic. We can’t do that with Hawkins.
I feel like the Hawkins pick was very you
Walker is also very me I love his game and he adds a good passer and fits perfect in between Markkanen and Kessler and presents major mismatch issues for apposing defenses
We’re not gonna laugh at you.
Do I seem like the dude that cares what others think or care if I’m laughed at?

There’s a method do my madness. I moved off Hawkins because he just adds to the jazz’s greatest weakness and biggest thing holding us back, perimeter defense. This is what will ultimately keep us out of the playoffs. I want to get bigger and more athletic. We can’t do that with Hawkins.

Walker is also very me I love his game and he adds a good passer and fits perfect in between Markkanen and Kessler and presents major mismatch issues for apposing defenses

Do I seem like the dude that cares what others think or care if I’m laughed at?
And if the Jazz didn’t get to pick Walker?

Wait so you would pass up on the potential of a archtype like Hawkins to be the next Steph, because he is not a good defender either, or to a more reasonable degree Ray Allen was serviceable like Hawkins will be? You want to have Horford with a weaker J and better elevation, or maybe a better comp is Julius Randle if selfish. Be prepared to watch Hawkins become the guy everyone slept on as the best prospect in this draft outside Wemby and you sold him out right before he fed you crow soup . so sad lol

Wait so you would pass up on the potential of a archtype like Hawkins to be the next Steph, because he is not a good defender either, or to a more reasonable degree Ray Allen was serviceable like Hawkins will be? You want to have Horford with a weaker J and better elevation, or maybe a better comp is Julius Randle if selfish. Be prepared to watch Hawkins become the guy everyone slept on as the best prospect in this draft outside Wemby and you sold him out right before he fed you crow soup . so sad lol
Lol. What are the odds of that lmao. If I knew ya he’s the next Steph sure, hell!! He’d be the first or second pick in the draft with that way of thinking.

I can’t tell half the time if you’re trolling or not..
In this case I bet on Hawkins over Walker as the one who actually becomes a superstar in most scenarios ,unless he goes to roster full of selfish players and has to go somewhere else before he breaks out. Walker has the physical tools that are difficult to find as well, so he will go top 10 for sure, just not sold anyone in the lottery outside Wemby really has Hawkins potential. I see someone with elite feel for the game and the stroke to back it up. I think every aspect of his skillset top to bottom is outshined by his shooting and off ball movement because they are his calling card.
I would put the ball in his hands and tell him to go get some, and watch the doubters that passed on him cringe with regret. Obviously we already know he is a plug on off ball master, the rest if it is being questioned like low assist rate etc. Are just stupid given he was the first option for the Huskies who as the first option won the whole damn thing. He is a beast

I've been leading the Leonard Miller bandwagon since last summer but my guys this year:
Cam Whitmore, Leonard Miller, Cason Wallace, Maxwell Lewis

In this case I bet on Hawkins over Walker as the one who actually becomes a superstar in most scenarios ,unless he goes to roster full of selfish players and has to go somewhere else before he breaks out. Walker has the physical tools that are difficult to find as well, so he will go top 10 for sure, just not sold anyone in the lottery outside Wemby really has Hawkins potential. I see someone with elite feel for the game and the stroke to back it up. I think every aspect of his skillset top to bottom is outshined by his shooting and off ball movement because they are his calling card.
I would put the ball in his hands and tell him to go get some, and watch the doubters that passed on him cringe with regret. Obviously we already know he is a plug on off ball master, the rest if it is being questioned like low assist rate etc. Are just stupid given he was the first option for the Huskies who as the first option won the whole damn thing. He is a beast
Hawkins is going to be a one trick pony in the league. His upside is JC.