What's new

Dump cable and lose my Jazz?

actusreus

Hey, not trying to hijack this forum for tech help, but I'm wanting to ditch my cable. It's like 250 per month for slow internet and crappy cable, and all i really watch on regular cable are the Jazz games on Root (I live in Southern Idaho). But I think League Pass will black me out right? So can anyone suggest any options to drop cable and still watch every Jazz game?

Thanks

VPN and League Pass... and while you're at it w/ the VPN... consider the Canadian pass... lots cheaper.
did this while in Europe, and have kept it.
Can always find a country where it's not blocked out, can watch whenever I want, including live.

Check out the "Official Streaming Thread"
And here is some info I posted in 2016, so rates may have changed:

US $199
EU €219 ($246)
CAN CAD$150 ($114)
AUS AUD$330 ($253)
Turkey TL390 ($130)
Hong Kong HK$1700 ($219)
UK £190 ($246)
Mexico MXN2500 ($129)​

250 per month for cable and internet? Seriously wtf? I pay 125 per month for fiber internet and 2nd tier cable. Fast as hell, zero outages, and I could get far faster internet if I drop cable (thinking about it) and move to another internet company also with fiber in my area. We have spectrum now, looking at frontier. Can't imagine spending that much for cable and internet.

I don’t have satellite or cable and watch ever single game.

Reddit’s got you. Same for my NFL team.

Hey, not trying to hijack this forum for tech help, but I'm wanting to ditch my cable. It's like 250 per month for slow internet and crappy cable, and all i really watch on regular cable are the Jazz games on Root (I live in Southern Idaho). But I think League Pass will black me out right? So can anyone suggest any options to drop cable and still watch every Jazz game?

Thanks

Go over to the residence of @RandyForRubio

He too lives in your great state and I’m sure would love to have you.

250 per month for cable and internet? Seriously wtf? I pay 125 per month for fiber internet and 2nd tier cable. Fast as hell, zero outages, and I could get far faster internet if I drop cable (thinking about it) and move to another internet company also with fiber in my area. We have spectrum now, looking at frontier. Can't imagine spending that much for cable and internet.

We pay $242 a month for the (supposedly) fastest high-speed webz, a home phone line (we have to have one for our alarm), and cable which includes three boxes, two dvr’s, and every channel (sports entertainment package, HBO, Cinemax, Showtime, Starz)...what does yours encompass?

And actually, I think we may only pay like $212 now. I want to say my wife signed up for two years at $30 less per month.

Having said that, I’d love to be able to save about $75 a month if possible. Not sure we could and still get pretty much all the tv we currently have.

I too have crappy wireless internet due to living in the sticks!

I signed up for HeHe streams, I can watch it on my TV, it's easy, watch any game I want to plus DVR capability, and the whole season costs $100. Better and cheaper than league pass. And easier than setting up a VPN to make it look like you're in India or some ****.

Yes it did. Folks are working in setting up a few other reddits for it but the original NBA streams is gone
I never really understood all that. I mean, it was blatantly illegal, right? Wouldn’t that have been super easy for them to have shut down before? Where’s it even broadcasting from, and how are people benefiting for the legal risk they’re taking?

Currently paying $175 for Xfinity.... 2 cable boxes with DVR, don't have every channel or movie channels but have everything we need.

Apart of this package is also our internet which is 250+ mbps

Cable and internet are a priority for us so we built it into our budget, I'll never cut the cord.

Yeah we had a sales rep come out to our house two months ago with an offer of something like this. $175 for what you said but movie channels too minus one of them, I think Max. I think three boxes and two dvrs though. I was hesitant to leave because we never have any issues with our Verizon service. Seemed too good to be true.

Are you happy with yours?

Edit: it wasn’t xfinity doe for me. It was whatever the old optimum is I think.