What's new

Durant's decision has all but assured a long-term lockout

Magic Spray

This should guarantee that 28 of the owners are going to vote to opt out of the CBA in 2017. They are going to try to put an end to super teams. Imagine how butt hurt all the teams that tried to build a contender with all the off season huge contracts only to have it snatched out of their hands and shoved up their asses.

Inb4 remember the 2004 Pistons.
Inb4 you still have to play the games.

However joyful it is for me to envision Kanter basically joining Guns n' Roses the day before Slash and Duff quit and Axl got fat, however much pleasure I get from thinking of those douch canoe owners that promised Seattle they woildn't move and then almost immediately they started packing up, it doesn't compare with the feeling that this is bad for basketball, and this is bad for the Jazz.

Owners are going to try to get the players over a barrel by ****ing with their money, it's the only way And it will mean an entire season or more gonzo.

Nope. The owners are still making money hand over fist. They won't stop the money flow over this.

I don't see it. If anything this will give the owners motivation to nix max contracts. Too much money out there to throw away a season because you are mad.

How do you propose they do that? Warriors operated under every sensible rule in any CBA ever. Super teams will always exist, especially as long as players are willing to sacrifice individually to win (which I though was something that we were supposed to admire).

I will backtrack a bit and say that I like the franchise tag. 1 player per team.

dubs will fall apart once Steph has to re-sign. The whole reason this whole ****ing thing happened is because of Steph's bargain-*** contract.

Once he commands the salary he deserves, role-players like Livingston and Iguodala are gone.

dubs will fall apart once Steph has to re-sign. The whole reason this whole ****ing thing happened is because of Steph's bargain-*** contract.

Once he commands the salary he deserves, role-players like Livingston and Iguodala are gone.

Unless players sign for vet-minimums in order to get those rings. That would ****ing suck

I have been saying it for a while now, but I just don't see the warriors enjoying health and stability for very long. Curry is going to have ankle problems again, durantula has a screw in his giant *** foot, and like [MENTION=848]dalamon[/MENTION] said, the role players will be gone after curry gets dem checks.

If everyone's healthy, their role players won't matter. If you can trot out Steph, Klay, Iggy, Durant, Green, you should win every game even if you're down 20 in the 4th.

No way. Parity of opportunity, not outcome. An nba if all 40-60% teams is boring mediocrity. Having great teams is good for nba brand and revenue. What were revenues before and after the Bulls dynasty? That was an extraordinarily long 6 years with a 2 year pause.

I don't think the Ws will struggle to get solid role players for vet minimum. Every decent aging player wants to win a championship and will sacrifice some money to ride coattails.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using JazzFanz mobile app

I don't think the Ws will struggle to get solid role players for vet minimum. Every decent aging player wants to win a championship and will sacrifice some money to ride coattails.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using JazzFanz mobile app

Only vets on the tail ends of their careers. Most role players are fighting for bigger contracts.

GS has their Bird rights, so they can keep them indefinitely. They'll also have the MLE, and only owe one of their future 1sts -- to Utah in 2017. If they can turn Kevin Looney, Jason Thompson and their remaining picks into a decent 5, they're set for the next 3 years -- after which they'll have to re-sign Klay.

GS has their Bird rights, so they can keep them indefinitely. They'll also have the MLE, and only owe one of their future 1sts -- to Utah in 2017. If they can turn Kevin Looney, Jason Thompson and their remaining picks into a decent 5, they're set for the next 4 years.

GS has Curry's bird rights and Thompson's as well, correct? Who else? They will eventually have to pay Green and might not be able to. Same with Iguodala, and everyone else. Right? Thompson and Curry are the only two they can go over the cap for, correct?

The Warriors will own Bird Rights on all of their players except Durant. The only question is simply how much money they're willing to spend (provided these two years for Durant go well enough).

GS has Curry's bird rights and Thompson's as well, correct? Who else? They will eventually have to pay Green and might not be able to. Same with Iguodala, and everyone else. Right? Thompson and Curry are the only two they can go over the cap for, correct?
They can go over the cap for Livingston, Iggy, Curry, Klay, Dray and KD.

Note: Forgot they waived Jason Thompson.

The Op is an idiot.. Doesn't understand business. The owners like this. Well maybe not the whiney ownership of Utah but most love it. They are about making money not feelings being hurt.. Some people lack commonsense I swear