What's new

DWill scores 50 for Besiktas

Do you think, Begone, that DW drove out Sloan just because DW wanted to win?

I thought that Duh-ron, in taking on Sloan, was simply being his own whiny prick self--just like when he threw the ball at Elder Hayward.

Last edited:
Dwill had stopped playing defense a long time ago.

I think the bigger question is, how many points did his man score? If he had any offensive capability, he probably went off.

Boozer, Memo, and Duron could score with the best of them. Unfortunately, the players they were typically guarding usually did as well.... What's the point if Duron or Boozer could score 30 points when they'd give up 30 to Luis Scola or Tony Parker?

If only PG doesn't make defense, you can compensate it till some point with your big men, but if 2 don't then everything is messed up, that's what happened to jazz

Don't you love it when the site admin opens a thread on the wrong board? All this talk belongs in the NBA section.

Deron's no longer with the Jazz, people - wake up!

Don't you love it when the site admin opens a thread on the wrong board? All this talk belongs in the NBA section.

Really? I didn't know that. This damn rock weighs about 2 tons.

You need to relax.

This narrative is ridiculously dismissive of both Jerry Sloan and Deron Williams, who are both very proud men.
Not sure I understand your statement here. While I agree that both are proud men, are you suggesting that JS wouldn't have abruptly left mid-season if it weren't for his run-ins with Duh-ron? While its was Sloan's decision to leave, DW was clearly a primary reason. "Drove?" At least "influenced heavily".

I don't think that it's too dismissive. Sloan dismissed himself. He didn't want to put up with the petulant punks anymore. He had preferred when he could run his operationally subpar system without players (or ownership) giving him talk-back.

This board has long allowed articles about past Jazz players to be posted in the Jazz section.

Not sure I understand your statement here. While I agree that both are proud men, are you suggesting that JS wouldn't have abruptly left mid-season if it weren't for his run-ins with Duh-ron? While its was Sloan's decision to leave, DW was clearly a primary reason. "Drove?" At least "influenced heavily".

I don't think that it's too dismissive. Sloan dismissed himself. He didn't want to put up with the petulant punks anymore. He had preferred when he could run his operationally subpar system without players (or ownership) giving him talk-back.

I agree with GVC. At worst you can say that Deron may have been the straw that broke the camel's back. But to say that DWill drove out Sloan is to directly contradict Sloan himself who in no uncertain terms said that DWill is not the reason he retired.

Last edited:
I agree with GVC. At worst you can say that Deron may have been the straw that broke the camel's back. But to say that DWill drove out Sloan is to directly contradict Sloan himself who in no uncertain terms said that DWill is not the reason he retired.
I can agree, too, that Deron was the last straw. He certainly wasn't the only reason.

But it's not like a coach--especially Sloan--is gonna admit that a player was what made him abruptly leave.

Actions speak louder than words. If Deron and Sloan hadn't had a flare-up, Sloan would've likely lasted the season, and might still be coach. If anything, Sloan's departure is a sign of why the owners are pushing the envelope pretty hard. They are tired of the inmates running the asylum, even when Sloan had the reins more than other coaches.

Last edited by a moderator: