What's new

Earl Watson is leaning toward signing with the Atlanta Hawks, according to a league source.

KOC has an interesting way of going about things. he was kinda aloof with Matthews when he was a FA (at least that's how it seemed) and seems to be acting the same way with earl, if it's true that he hasn't called. its his "no comment" style of communication.

of course maybe he has his eye completely on someone else, or perhaps on a possible trade.

And the same holds true for the annoying Arroyo-ettes we had on this board.

Good God don't remind me.

Although internet filtering technology has come a long way since 2003. I'm sure Jason could block this site in Puerto Rico.

To me it seems like they were really interested in getting Sebastian Telfair (just from rumors I have heard) so I'm thinking Telfair might have been more of a priority than getting Earl. But it's rumored that Telfair is going to sign with the Suns so they will probably "call" Earl now.

To me it seems like they were really interested in getting Sebastian Telfair (just from rumors I have heard) so I'm thinking Telfair might have been more of a priority than getting Earl. But it's rumored that Telfair is going to sign with the Suns so they will probably "call" Earl now.

Wait....What??? They're more interested in Telfair than Earl????? Hope that's not true... but then again it's KOC we're talking about here..

KOC has an interesting way of going about things. he was kinda aloof with Matthews when he was a FA (at least that's how it seemed) and seems to be acting the same way with earl, if it's true that he hasn't called. its his "no comment" style of communication.

of course maybe he has his eye completely on someone else, or perhaps on a possible trade.
It doesn't say the Jazz haven't called, it says he's waiting for them to call. Not the same thing. DNews reported that the Jazz have contacted Watson (https://jazzfanz.com/showthread.php?7634-Desnews-Jazz-talking-to-Watson-and-AK)l. Given that we are getting this report from Watson to Locke via Twitter and then to us via Twitter, it's safe to say there's more to the story.

I take it to mean that he has an offer from Atlanta, most likely the minimum. The Jazz are working something else (another free agent or a trade) and can't commit yet. Or neither side wants to commit, and deals can't be signed until Friday anyway.

It doesn't say the Jazz haven't called, it says he's waiting for them to call. Not the same thing. DNews reported that the Jazz have contacted Watson (https://jazzfanz.com/showthread.php?7634-Desnews-Jazz-talking-to-Watson-and-AK)l. Given that we are getting this report from Watson to Locke via Twitter and then to us via Twitter, it's safe to say there's more to the story.

I take it to mean that he has an offer from Atlanta, most likely the minimum. The Jazz are working something else (another free agent or a trade) and can't commit yet. Or neither side wants to commit, and deals can't be signed until Friday anyway.
Good call!

Please enlighten us new comers on this historical moment...

Carlos Arroyo shared the starting PG duties with Raul Lopez in the 2003-04 season. Neither one of them was lighting up with NBA but at the time Lopez clearly had the better updside. The board was inundated with a bunch of Carlos Arroyo fans (who could care less about The Jazz) that felt they needed to remind the rest of us of his greatness every day. And after every game, the game thread was hijacked with Lopez v. Arroyo posts that went on and on about how the franchise was holding Arroyo down; without ever addressing the fact that the guy was a complete scrub.

Carlos Arroyo shared the starting PG duties with Raul Lopez in the 2003-04 season. Neither one of them was lighting up with NBA but at the time Lopez clearly had the better updside. The board was inundated with a bunch of Carlos Arroyo fans (who could care less about The Jazz) that felt they needed to remind the rest of us of his greatness every day. And after every game, the game thread was hijacked with Lopez v. Arroyo posts that went on and on about how the franchise was holding Arroyo down; without ever addressing the fact that the guy was a complete scrub.

So basically the board was full of Sepanol's?

Lockedonsports David Locke
Just communicated with Earl Watson - "says he is sitting patient until I hear from the jazz at this point. Other teams are pushing

Crazy. Either it is about saving a buck or they have something in the works for a future pg (my guess). Maybe they have something in the works for Brandon Knight being jazz tried to trade up for him on draft night.

What happened to PATTY MILLS? Remember when he was suppose to be awesome because he owned Chris Paul in one Olympic game?