What's new

Early pulse check on offseason expectations

What should the FO do if all of options below were on the table?

• Total voters
I want to test the pulse of what people think we should do next offseason.

For the sake of this argument, lets say that all options above are on the table and the FO can choose between any of them, and none of them are unreasonable to achieve. This means for example that the "big splash trade" is someone you like and think fits with our current group. So its not about "who is gonna be out there", or "what if Lauri doesnt want to re-sign"... but more about what you would prefer the FO to aim for.

For the second lowest option I didnt define which player you would want to hold on to, but you can choose whichever. Its sort of hard to enter a deeper tank if you dont sell either one though unless you surround them with non NBA-level players, so maybe the idea there would be that you can keep 1 of the 2 around.

Hopefully everyone finds a suitable option. I know some people like myself would probably choose 2 paths and are pretty indifferent between which one they prefer, but I feel like allowing people to select 2 options is not a good pulse check.

Your post is great, but it bums me out that we're having this discussion at the all-star break. I hate that we don't have a championship banner in the rafters, but having a competitive team that I can routinely root for has been a lot of fun. I hope the FO does the best they can to give us that. I want playoffs again.

Last edited:
I think next year will be the same as this year. Draft (picks) develop(key,Hendricks,Kessler) and hunt for project players(collins). Trade those not part of our timeline (clarkson). FO found a gem in Lauri and they didn’t get reinforcement it really makes you think they value their pick and cap a lot and they’ll just build tru the draft.

The Jazz don't currently have a franchise player to build their team around. Until they do, they're going to be treading water and churning assets. They're just sitting back and waiting for opportunities to arise. There's not much else they can do really.
I agree. Minny got one with KAT, then they tank hard enough to get ANT and now they damm good. We got Don or Rudy who could have been . We never know what this team would have been with Lauri, Rudy, Mike and i regret it.

The question should be what do I think the jazz will do or is it what do I think they should do? 2 totally different questions.

Will do is the same thing they are doing now. Buy sell on value. Being mediocre to be honest.

What I think they should do is either build up with trades for young, Ingram etc. Or sell everything off and tank properly. I am sick of mediocre.
The answer to your question is in the OP fwiw

Sent from my OPD2203 using Tapatalk

We are in as No Man’s Land a place as possible. We’re not good and don’t really show signs that we can take some leap given our roster and the Western landscape.

We are in as No Man’s Land a place as possible. We’re not good and don’t really show signs that we can take some leap given our roster and the Western landscape.
This. So far the overall rebuild is at about a D. Needs something major to raise that grade. But boy we got some great assets for our all-stars! So far we've done exactly nothing with those assets, but hey, assets are intrinsically valuable, right? That's why they're called assets and not liabilities after all. I mean all we have to do is keep stockpiling assets and eventually that just turns into a championship, right?

Ah crap, I forgot we're not in LA, so I guess not.