What's new

Early Start on Predictions for 2015-2016 - Derrick Favors

Predict Favors' accolades next season...

• DPOY Candidate

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • DPOY

• All-NBA 1st Team

• MVP Candidate

• Total voters

LogGrad98

Contributor
2020-21 Award Winner
2022 Award Winner
2023 Award Winner
2024 Award Winner
Ok Favors was another tough one to figure out. He had a great season last year. He is definitely in the all-star discussions, but I think he is just too quiet to make a splash like that. I have made it no secret that I want him to play with fire and passion, and I think too often he gets his numbers too quietly. I think I am looking for him to be a leader on this team, and more, to impose his will on other teams. He needs to take that mini-jump in his attitude and performance and let the dominance begin. I think he has it in him to do that, in fact we have seen it. But he needs to make it part of his make-up, not just an occasional thing. So what can we expect from Favors next year?

I think self-confidence is Favor's biggest shortcoming. My impression is that his estimation of his potential is well below ours. If he developed an attitude (which I really doubt that he will) then watch out NBA. Favors could become a beast if he believed he could and wanted to. Unfortunately, I don't think that will happen. To me it seems much more likely that Exum, Hood, Burks, Burke, Gobert, and even Ingles and Cotton take big steps forward in the offseason, than Favors. I hope I'm wrong about this one because Favors with a raging fire burning inside him would be WOW!!!

I hope to see him step into the double-double realm. 18 and 11 with 1.5 blocks is well within reach.

I hope to see him step into the double-double realm. 18 and 11 with 1.5 blocks is well within reach.

Double digit rebounds will be too hard for him to achieve with Gobert sharing the court. It's very rare for two players on the same team to both average 10+ rebounds.

16.6 points, 8.4 rebounds, 1.7 assists, 1.8 blocks, 53% FG, 69% FT

Very good prediction. I'd say rebounds move closer to 9, with Kanter's absence. Hopefully he breaks 70% from the line. Otherwise, super amped with that statline and I expect him to nail it.

I mean, he's already become a very good player, so I don't want to be too hard on him. I think he will just continue to slowly improve, doubt his numbers will get THAT much better, but he'll keep adding little things to his game. I'd like to see his FT% increase, as well as continue to add range.

If he can do those, I don't know that he will be an all-star but he'd be pretty close.

18/9/1.7 bpg

Some dominant games, some lackadaisical, but overall a consistent performer. Increases his range, takes ~30 3-Pt shots. Not an all-star.

I think Hayward, Gobert, and Favors (in that order) will all be in consideration for the All-Star game. Whether any of them make it will be dependent on how well the team performs.

I feel like Favors is the most consistent player we have. He'll take another step up.

16.6 points, 8.4 rebounds, 1.7 assists, 1.8 blocks, 53% FG, 69% FT

200.gif

I think self-confidence is Favor's biggest shortcoming. My impression is that his estimation of his potential is well below ours. If he developed an attitude (which I really doubt that he will) then watch out NBA. Favors could become a beast if he believed he could and wanted to. Unfortunately, I don't think that will happen. To me it seems much more likely that Exum, Hood, Burks, Burke, Gobert, and even Ingles and Cotton take big steps forward in the offseason, than Favors. I hope I'm wrong about this one because Favors with a raging fire burning inside him would be WOW!!!

17 pts 8 rebs 1.6 assists 1.8 blocks %51 FG

Self confidence is no issue for favors. Don't disrespect Favors like that. U don't know him u don't see the things he does. Seriously!

Self confidence is no issue for favors. Don't disrespect Favors like that. U don't know him u don't see the things he does. Seriously!
You're right that I picked the wrong word. I think self-assuredness would be more accurate. I attended one game where I decided to watch Favors almost the entire time. I watched him when he had the ball, I watched him when he didn't, I watched him on the bench. To me he never turned it on full blast and he seemed content to play a secondary role. I think he has Malone potential, but I don't think he sees himself as having Malone potential. He appears to me to be a soft-spoken guy, and he generally seems to handle himself in a soft-spoken way both on and off the court.

I think that Favors is in the wrong system to get allstar or MVP. Utah does not have a primary person that the ball goes through to set up the offense. Because he will be dependent on passes and missmatchs to get point it will hinder his stats. Though I think they should work with Favors on the low block more I like that anyone on the roster will be in place to get good looks if they run the sets properly. Makes doubles and switches dangerous. Favors just wont get the ball as much as Cousins or Melo or even Aldredge. Because of this he will be an under the radar guy.

I think it's uber important to point out that this is the first offseason in Favors' career where he's KNOWN he's getting his body ready for full-time duty at the PF. I'm betting that this knowledge affords a different kind of preparation which will pay off for him next year. It'll help on offense and defense.

(Remember that at the beginning of this year Q was using Favs as the rim protector and then subbing Rudy into that spot, so that one of them was always occupying that spot. Things changed without an offseason to adjust. That's big braughs).

His stats depend on how much Rudy improves offensively. If Rudy can get a 10-15' jumper that will give Derrick a bit more space that could make a significant difference.

If he came back next season as basically the same player with an improved ft% I'd be happy with that. I think he has the stroke to be better than his ft% shows.

I think if Favors had a true PG, he'd average 23-25 a night. Easily. Especially playing next to Gobert, who doesn't demand the ball on offense. He just needs someone to feed him the ball in advantageous situations.