What's new

Eat yer damn crow.

Thee Idiotic Minivan K

I feel very justified in cramming some crow down some throats. I was hammered hard for a couple years. For my slander of Collins and warning y’all that trading for him was a big mistake.

Some of y’all’s thought he was going to come in here and be an allstar.

He’s been exactly what I said he’d be. Some of y’all were saying how good a defender he’d be. He’s a freaking space cadet, but the most disappointing thing is that apparently he’s a better center than pf. So while he’s physically gifted he’s mostly devoid of talent.

Now all I hear to justify trading for him from Jazzfanz is he has a big contract that can be moved to facilitate a blockbuster trade, ha!! Maybe if he was on a one ore maybe even two years deal but he’s not so we are going to have to move on. Aside from that he has zero value as Atl gave up and traded him for a penny just because they were desperate to get off of him.

So here’s your chance to own up and eat that crow.

So just state your name and say my crow was mmmm mmmm good!!

I still like the trade. He's a solid player on a contract that's good for trade. His shot is back and he's a good rebounder. He's got put in bad roles at times but hopefully the coaching staff is learning. He can't defend at center.

I think he's a solid piece myself. I never expected him to come in and be a dominant force. He's a solid rebounder, ok defender, and can stretch the floor. He's potentially a valuable 4th option on a good team.

I was so happy to be rid of Gay that the Jazz could have gotten Ted Bundy in return and I wouldn't have complained.
Totally! Rudy Gay was like a demonstrative dark cloud over the organization. Collins has a really chill demeanor but still brings a little enforcer rep on court. I’m not conceding that bringing him in for a bag of chips was a bad play. Too soon for that kind of assessment imo.

1) The Jazz gave up nothing to get him.
2) The Jazz got his salary to potentially include in a bigger trade in the future.
3) The Jazz aren't trying to win games.
Didn't they give up a 2nd rd. pick and Gay? A 2nd rd. pick is not nothing.

I was always against it because he makes too much $, which is why Atl got very little for him, and they had him on the trade block for a long time. Even with his high salary, he saw his PT dwindle.

Even if we include his salary in a bigger trade, he'll likely be considered a negative in the trade and we'll have to pony up more assets to get a trade done.

I don't have a problem with him, but he makes way too much for what he brings to the table. We should have received a pick to take on his salary.

I will dine on some crow. Nibble on the neck while I watch you get hammered hard. Collins sucks a lot more than I expected

But the only loss here is opportunity loss / salary cap implications so I won't down the whole bird.

Rudy gay sucked ball-less scrotum sack. He was so draining to watch. The 2nd round pick is not nothing but its not much of a piece right now tbh. Its a tool for dumping bad contracts.

Besides, Collins is shooting a pretty respectable 3 point fg% that he didn't shoot in Atlanta. So there is some hope for progress.

All in, thanks for the bird.

I think he's a solid piece myself. I never expected him to come in and be a dominant force. He's a solid rebounder, ok defender, and can stretch the floor. He's potentially a valuable 4th option on a good team.
He's not an ok defender.

I called it a bad trade from the start but reluctantly gave Collins a chance. Once again, though, we saw what happens when you decide to ignore NBA Player Acquisition Rule #6477: Don't try to get cute with overpaid vets who clearly have zero market. When the whole league looks at a guy and says "Nah", there's a reason. Most likely you're not a genius who sees something nobody else does.

I'm officially done with Collins. He's been making the corner 3 at a decent clip, but his air headed matador defense is taking years off my life and he can't score within the perimeter against people guarding his position unless he has an open alley-oop.

I really hope Ainge remembers this lesson when he's looking at LaVine.

Last edited:
Never think he was good. So i'm not surprised with the result. Probably one of the worst trade made by DA. The worst one beeing for me the Mike one. DA not always right but this sis the case of all GM in NBA.

1) The Jazz gave up nothing to get him.
2) The Jazz got his salary to potentially include in a bigger trade in the future.
3) The Jazz aren't trying to win games.
1 there’s a reason for that. He sucks and he’s got one of the worst contracts.

2. See my no. 1 statement. No one wants to take him and his 25million for 3 years and give their star or whatever.

3. Exactly. They don’t want to win games, he’s blocking Hendricks. A rookie who could be getting valuable experience and help us lose. It was a bad trade all a round and bad management because it was a win now move and a bad one at that, now eat yer damn crow!!!