What's new

Elijah Hughes to the Jazz

You mean "unreal shooting mechanics"? Just like Tibor Pleiss? :D. @dalamon.

Just kidding. He looks to have some great balance and shooting form. I'm suspicious about the D. Is he way better than Oni?

I mean as an overall player. I see the talent.

I guess I'll have to see where Oni is. If he made a small jump, I can see him getting minutes in the rotation over someone like Hugues. It sucks not to have a summer league.
Thing about Oni is he has no offensive feel when it comes to creating and Hughes has that, so his potential is higher. Hughes is a guy I can see becoming a NBA starter who averages 14+ a night. Oni is a guy who I think would cap out around 10-12 a night.

well the highlights I saw makes me like the guy. He is sneaky quick, has a mid range game and he was making 3pt 4-5 feet beyond the 3pt line. The other thing I saw is he is not afraid to shoot it like some of our other players. I think he can be a nice bench guys. Most guys coming out of college are not great defenders. He seems to have the athleticism to play good defense. I am going to give the guy a chance and not have high expectations. Remember he was not the 9th pick in the draft like Burke.

It’s amazing how many people watch some highlight videos, read a few articles, and think they’re experts on the players.

The people who do this for a living have a hard time with being good at it. Y’all don’t know **** about ****.

It’s amazing how many people watch some highlight videos, read a few articles, and think they’re experts on the players.

The people who do this for a living have a hard time with being good at it. Y’all don’t know **** about ****.
At least these people are useful to you. Seems like you need a substrate to take a **** on every couple of months before disappearing again.

Literally every team in the NBA passed on these guys at least once. None of them are fixing our wing situation. It is obvious the Jazz plan to do that in free agency.
That isn't obvious at all considering they just signed another PG to a 2-way. I'll believe it when I see it.

I'm intrigued by Hughes. I'm always hopeful about 2nd rounders but I don't expect too much. Seems like he has potential to help down the road.

Sent from my SM-G970U using JazzFanz mobile app

At least these people are useful to you. Seems like you need a substrate to take a **** on every couple of months before disappearing again.
This guy's a bad excuse for a troll. I've had him on ignore for a while now and it's been nice.

I hate to say it, but his offensive quickness, and his outside shot looks better than Oni's. But I think Oni, may be a slight better passer (that lob to Dok will be important) and a more versatile defender. I think they both can fit together. Hughes though could have a real impact on bench scoring this year.

I hate to say it, but his offensive quickness, and his outside shot looks better than Oni's. But I think Oni, may be a slight better passer (that lob to Dok will be important) and a more versatile defender. I think they both can fit together. Hughes though could have a real impact on bench scoring this year.
Oni seems to have better defensive tools - mostly that he's longer probably more willing to commit on that end, but Hughes seems like a better overall player.