What's new

Embracing New England Jae Crowder.

Lakers_Slapper

We all new that Hood was gone after the season. The Jazz had to trade him. Reports say that we turned down 20 offers for Rodney Hood and accepted the one that brings New England Jae Crowder to Utah. I was upset because of the fact that one those offers we refused was Hood and a future 1st in exchange for Mirotic. I know that Mirotic would have fit like a glove in our system. Crowder left Boston and didn't produce much during his short lived tenure with Cleveland.
I am hoping that his non existent offence and defense was because of a mis-match in Cleveland and that he will work well here under Coach Snyder. Although I feel that they could've done much better for a return in Rodney Hood, I am going to embrace our newest member and pray that he proves me wrong.
Do you think that his presence will help or hurt the Jazz? Where does everyone stand?

Welcome to Utah New England Jae Crowder.

I heard the last guy who made fun of his last name is just barely getting back to being able to walk without crutches.

Better watch your back.

You would have preferred that the Jazz give up Hood AND a future first for Mirotic?!?!?! Gross. You've been sniffing your sister's rotten chowder too long. Try Anthony's chowder in Seattle. It's delicious!

Jae Crowder will make all of your dreams come true. Give him a chance and you will be rewarded with bushels of awesomeness.

f6e5c4a7591307a894bdee732a565688--jae-crowder-boston-celtics.jpg

I love how Mirotic is overrated on this board. Guy is a streaky shooter who doesn't play defense, Crowder will fit the team a lot more with good defense and hustle.

Hood was overrated too on here. That's the same thing for every player who can score 30 (and there are a lot of them). Yes, he could score 30 on a given night. But he was also extremely streaky and a bad defender. In advanced stats Hood was a negative due to this bad defense and high streakiness. There was no way he could get paid by Utah or become a starter again now that Mitchell is here. And that's even without starting talking about his multiple injuries. You just didn't know what you'd get with Hood on a given night. You can't build a contender with this kind of players.

Crowder is a more reliable player overall and he's a pretty good return for Hood with a much better contract.

I love how Mirotic is overrated on this board. Guy is a streaky shooter who doesn't play defense, Crowder will fit the team a lot more with good defense and hustle.

Hood was overrated too on here. That's the same thing for every player who can score 30 (and there are a lot of them). Yes, he could score 30 on a given night. But he was also extremely streaky and a bad defender. In advanced stats Hood was a negative due to this bad defense and high streakiness. There was no way he could get paid by Utah or become a starter again now that Mitchell is here. And that's even without starting talking about his multiple injuries. You just didn't know what you'd get with Hood on a given night. You can't build a contender with this kind of players.

Crowder is a more reliable player overall and he's a pretty good return for Hood with a much better contract.
Mirotic is awesome and Crowder is awesome.