What's new

Emo Rudy Gobert

How was Harris playing over Gobert? They play different positions. Gobert is a tall, lumbering center, and Harris is an undersized 4/3 man...

I get wanting Gobert to play, but playing Harris does not have a lot to do with playing Gobert.

How was Harris playing over Gobert? They play different positions. Gobert is a tall, lumbering center, and Harris is an undersized 4/3 man...

I get wanting Gobert to play, but playing Harris does not have a lot to do with playing Gobert.

People want gobert at center and favors at pf, rather than favors at center and harris at pf

Yes it does because Kanter gets some of his minutes at the 4 (match up dictating of course), and Favors gets some minutes at the 5. If Harris plays, he is taking away available minutes at the 4 spot that are usually used by Favors/Williams/Kanter and now Evans, which means more minutes for Kanter and Favors at the 5, which in turn means less minutes for Gobert.

Solution:

Don't play Richard Jefferson nearly as much anymore. Don't play Harris (dude is so foul prone, he always hurts us). Give Marvin and Jeremy (he can shoot now) those minutes at the 3, (while also letting Marvin play stretch-4 occasionally). Now the minutes at the 4 are less clogged, thus allowing Gobert to develop at the 5. I.E., when Favors comes out, Kanter slides to the 4 for a few and Gobert goes in @ 5, then Kanter comes out and Favors comes in @ 4 with Gobert still @ 5, then Kanter comes in @ 5 and Gobert comes out. Then Marvin comes in @ 4, Kanter comes out and Favors plays the 5. Repeat as needed.

Yes it does because Kanter gets some of his minutes at the 4 (match up dictating of course), and Favors gets some minutes at the 5. If Harris plays, he is taking away available minutes at the 4 spot that are usually used by Favors/Williams/Kanter and now Evans, which means more minutes for Kanter and Favors at the 5, which in turn means less minutes for Gobert.

Solution:

Don't play Richard Jefferson nearly as much anymore. Don't play Harris (dude is so foul prone, he always hurts us). Give Marvin and Jeremy (he can shoot now) those minutes at the 3, (while also letting Marvin play stretch-4 occasionally). Now the minutes at the 4 are less clogged, thus allowing Gobert to develop at the 5. I.E., when Favors comes out, Kanter slides to the 4 for a few and Gobert goes in @ 5, then Kanter comes out and Favors comes in @ 4 with Gobert still @ 5, then Kanter comes in @ 5 and Gobert comes out. Then Marvin comes in @ 4, Kanter comes out and Favors plays the 5. Repeat as needed.

Your whole argument falls apart if Jeremy can't guard 3's.

Your whole argument falls apart if Jeremy can't guard 3's.

Why would you think he couldn't? He is fast, has good lateral quickness, has a great wingspan, and is a legit 6'9". He hasn't logged many minutes at SF before because he didn't have a jump shot. He got one this off season.

It makes a lot more sense to try him at SF (especially since Gordon is at the 2 now, and Richard Jefferson is a waste of space who won't be here next year). Evans at PF is where he struggles to defend. The only way he gets by is with his quickness (which would dominate at the SF).

Playing Harris over Gobert is ridiculous.

But that's the Jazz way, always has been. Young project player against scrappy undersized great effort type of player. Young player always loses that contest in Jazz land. That is why i have been saying we need a culture change around the Jazz brain trust. I thought Lindsey was supposed to be that change, but it's business as usual it seems. The way we think now is a tried and true method to gain mediocrity which is something the Jazz organization has been accused of many times over the years. Projects must be started before progress is obtained.

You can't play Evans at the three. Brewer was terrible. And he is a million times better than Evans at the three.

Anyways, I don't get why people want Evans to play so much. I'd much rather have a 4/5 rotation of this:

C: Kanter 15 mins. Favors 18 mins, Gobert 15 mins
PF: Kanter 18 mins. Favors 15 mins, Marvin 10 mins, Evans 5 mins.
SF: Jefferson 20 mins, Marvin 20 mins, Hayward 8 mins
SG: Hayward 28 mins, Burks 20 mins
PG: Burke 33 mins, Lucas 5-10 mins, DLeague kid 5-10 mins (depending on who has the hot hand or is playing well)

If you think Brewer was "terrible", then you are bat**** crazy.

Oh. wait.

You can't suck + be a key cog in the most efficient offense in the NBA. That doesn't equate.

People want gobert at center and favors at pf, rather than favors at center and harris at pf

both Favors and Gobert have trouble guarding stretch 4's. But I guess Harris has trouble guarding a brick wall... so yeah, play Gobert some more