What's new

Enes Kanter defRTG last 20 games = 99.1

The Blue Elephant

If you take away the 1 game he was on the bench his defRTG is 98.6.

His offRTG last 20 games is only 98.6

If you take Kanters last 14 games his offRTG is 101.5 and his defRTG is 98.5

In comparison Gobert last 20 games defRTG is 102.1

I realize these are nitpicked stats slightly. However last 20 games is 20 games that's pretty much 1/4 of a season

Is there any way Kanter continue these kind of defensive numbers on a team once he gets traded? 20 games is decent sample size.

Btw this was talked about in that deleted thread but it deleted.

If you take away the 1 game he was on the bench his defRTG is 98.6.

His offRTG last 20 games is only 98.6

If you take Kanters last 14 games his offRTG is 101.5 and his defRTG is 98.5

In comparison Gobert last 20 games defRTG is 102.1

I realize these are nitpicked stats slightly. However last 20 games is 20 games that's pretty much 1/4 of a season

Is there any way Kanter continue these kind of defensive numbers on a team once he gets traded? 20 games is decent sample size.

Btw this was talked about in that deleted thread but it deleted.

Defensive rating is a nearly useless individual stat, because just like raw +/- and such it relies heavily on the team as a whole.

It is a measure of how many defensive stats you generate relative to your team basically

team defensive rating combines with steals, blocks, rebounds fouls

Basically it is a completely worthless stat

Last edited:
As I pointed out in the other thread, defensive rating is a nearly useless individual stat, because just like raw +/- and such it relies heavily on the team as a whole.

It is a measure of how many defensive stats you generate relative to your team basically

team defensive rating combines with steals, blocks, rebounds fouls

Basically it is a completely worthless stat

I didn't think it combines steals, blocks etc. I thought it was points per 100 possessions as a team.

I don't think there's any way to query it. Like I said though, I'm not a big disciple of it, it's just a more polished version of defensive rating.

I don't think DRPM is a reliable stat. They don't even give us the formula for it. It's just a newer version of Regularized Adjusted Plus-Minus is all ESPN says.

Yes, and that's why I don't put much stock into it either. My point is defensive rating for individual players is useless because it relies so heavily on the team as a whole and DRPM is supposed to adjust for that variable.

According to that though James Harden is one of the better defending SG's in the league and Kevin Love and David Lee are also great. I am trying to find out if Kanter really is bad or good at defense. He doesn't seem THAT bad on defense. Worst center in the NBA by far bad? Really?

Also I made this thread so if other GM's look on these forums it will bring up his trade value.

According to that though James Harden is one of the better defending SG's in the league and Kevin Love and David Lee are also great. I am trying to find out if Kanter really is bad or good at defense. He doesn't seem THAT bad on defense. Worst center in the NBA by far bad? Really?

Also I made this thread so if other GM's look on these forums it will bring up his trade value.

Defensively he has been much improved this year speaking of Harden

Kanter has gotten a lot better at defense as of late, especially his man defense. His rotations are still late and he still lacks the ability to contest shots. He is way better at not getting exposed (compared to early in the year when it seemed like everyone was exposing him at will), but is still bad at defense overall.

RPM's purpose is too expose players that can slide by on the eyeball test. While Kanter may not look like a terrible defensive player, he is. He challenges shots way too late, he misses rotations where the effects aren't see until 3 passes down the line when someone hits a wide open 3. This is the second year in a row he is near last in the stat, so he's not an outlier.

I challenge someone to watch a game and come back and tell me that Kanter is a better defender than Rudy.