What's new

Enes Kanter: Immaturity and controversial path he took

That's a garbage excuse too, though the only point I'll concede for him is that he was playing on a team with Ty "vets are the best" Corbin. Still, he could have got plenty of minutes of he were any good, or if he would have worked hard. He wasn't/didn't do either. Then when he gets minutes he cries like a bitch for a trade.

Paul Millsap is a garbage vet? Okur? Big Al? Favors? Marvin Williams?

^ that's who he had to compete with. The only one I would realistically expect any inexperienced rookie to outplay is Williams, which he did.

Gobert emerged this year, and Favors was already signed as a cornerstone. Do you begrudge being able to see Gobert play more? Gobert and Booker were crying for more minutes too, ya know. Tell me, why should a player with his potential have been content as a role player? That's the mindset that turns lotto picks into Marvin Williams. We just never had a fit for him. Maybe things would have been different had we not kept Ty the last year of his contract, or started the rebuild a year earlier. Who cares. We're going to be great without him. He'll be good too.

Let's say Exum doesn't start next year with Burks back, possibly bringing over Neto, or we get a vet PG. I'll be pissed if he resigns himself to a role player. Even if he isn't better than who is starting ahead of him, I know his potential. I don't want our lotto picks selling themselves short before they've really had a chance to grow--they are too painful to acquire.

We saw Enes' talents, but never had fertile ground for him to grow here. He needed minutes and a PG, we had little of either. Favors was already a year ahead of him in NBA development in NBA years, and more if you consider college, and as a defensive big, his impact was less reliant upon a PG. Gobert is a freak of nature, and also a defensive big. We just weren't Enes' right fit.

Why is it badmouthing, when he says that he didn't want to come to Utah because he wouldn't get enough minutes to develop? The story is about his career and he told the whole story...

"What eo you miss about Utah" "Mountains, that's it" You would have to be pretty deaf to miss the badmouthing.

I think that if kanter gets v he is lucky though when i think about it. He is really strange bones.

Kanter and the Jazz still share something in common: both won't be playing in the playoffs come Wednesday night.

Speaking of drafting with hindsight, y'all need to switch to NBATv right now to see who the Jazz should've taken.

Replace Enes with Klay at the beginning of this season, start Rudy right away, and we're sitting at 50 wins right now. Thompson is ridiculous.

Man, the fact that Klay Thompson was taken 8 picks below Enes Kanter is just mind blowing.
Maybe we get lucky this year picking #12. In a few years philly fans will say, "can't believe we took Mudiay and that guy was drafted by Utah 8 spots lower."

Paul Millsap is a garbage vet? Okur? Big Al? Favors? Marvin Williams?

^ that's who he had to compete with. The only one I would realistically expect any inexperienced rookie to outplay is Williams, which he did.

Gobert emerged this year, and Favors was already signed as a cornerstone. Do you begrudge being able to see Gobert play more? Gobert and Booker were crying for more minutes too, ya know. Tell me, why should a player with his potential have been content as a role player? That's the mindset that turns lotto picks into Marvin Williams. We just never had a fit for him. Maybe things would have been different had we not kept Ty the last year of his contract, or started the rebuild a year earlier. Who cares. We're going to be great without him. He'll be good too.

Let's say Exum doesn't start next year with Burks back, possibly bringing over Neto, or we get a vet PG. I'll be pissed if he resigns himself to a role player. Even if he isn't better than who is starting ahead of him, I know his potential. I don't want our lotto picks selling themselves short before they've really had a chance to grow--they are too painful to acquire.

We saw Enes' talents, but never had fertile ground for him to grow here. He needed minutes and a PG, we had little of either. Favors was already a year ahead of him in NBA development in NBA years, and more if you consider college, and as a defensive big, his impact was less reliant upon a PG. Gobert is a freak of nature, and also a defensive big. We just weren't Enes' right fit.

Can you please show us the links of gobert and booker crying for more minutes. You act like every single player in the league just sits in front of the coaches office going "c'mon coach. I just want me minutes. C'mon. Give my more minutes. Give me more minutes coach." and then mentions it in every interview, and that's just ********. Some players cry for more minutes by going to the media and playing like a pouty bitch when they don't get their way. Others do it by busting their asses in the time they do get. One kind gets traded. The other gets PT. Which was which here? Hint: it's not a hard question.

Yes, but that's not what this article/thread was about.

Yeah this thread is about a guy who said that he purposely slacked off because he didn't get his way instead of working hard and earning his rewards and the people who defend him because 'murrica or something.

Then he should have been a great fit in Utah. Go figure.

Classic. One event defines all 40 years of an organization. Yep. Sure it does. Just like that time you teased that fat girl when you were 12 proves definitively that you are and forever will be a misogynistic prick.

I think this is all being blown out of proportion. Not wanting to go to a team that has a log jam and no immediate plans of fixing it is not unreasonable. It's very logical. Answering a question with honesty isn't treachery, or a quality of a bad person.

As has already been said, the immature **** was said in his post shootaround interview. I think his post game was misconstrued, as is this. Why be so hyper-sensitive? Why look for **** to be pissed off about like a chemically imbalanced teenage baby mama?

Im not sure if you and others don't get it because you are this way or you feel that people are automatically owed something in society or what. But the issue is not that he didn't WANT to be in the situation, or even that he said so publicly imo. The issue is that once he was in that situation he slacked off and played ****ty on purpose because he didn't get his way. Then he cried about not getting his way and bitched about how terrible things were because he didn't get his way instead of ****ING DOING SOMETHING ABOUT IT like actually DOING HIS ****ING JOB AND EARNING HIS TIME. That's the issue. That's the insult to everyone who goes to work for a hell of a lot less than he makes and busts their *** for pennies while prissy little bitches like Kanter cry about how unfair life is as a 20 year old millionaire. Suck it up and do your job.

Last edited:
Im not sure if you and others don't get it because you are this way or you feel that people are automatically owed something in society or what. But the issue is not that he didn't WANT to be in the situation, or even that he said so publicly imo. The issue is that once he was in that situation he slacked off and played ****ty on purpose because he didn't get his way. Then he cried about not getting his way and botched about how terrible things were because he didn't get his way instead of ****ING DOING SOMETHING ABOUT IT like actually DOING HIS ****ING JOB AND EARNING HIS TIME. That's the issue. That's the insult to everyone who goes to work for a hell of a lot less than he makes and busts their *** for pennies while prissy little bitches like Kanter cry about how unfair life is as a 20 year old millionaire. Suck it up and do your job.

First off, this article/thread isn't about that comment. But, since you brought it up, I think that's the comment that has been least understood. He didn't say he didn't try hard, he said he didn't bring it every night. The first would be worth all the vitriol, the second I read as an acknowledgement for lack of production, not effort. He is saying he wasn't consistent. He views his lack of consistency as a product of his inconsistent role. His native tongue isn't English, his grammar and syntax are almost never correct, but yet so many are quick to believe his every word is chosen without error there, and that he purposefully sabotaged his reputation as a hard worker just to get back at the Jazz?

The comment I take issue with is the one about only missing the mountains--that was childish.

Reread the article in the OP. Honestly, what is so bad about it? It's a lot more honest than slanderous. Those who are hurt are letting their anger blind them.

He didn't say he didn't try hard, he said he didn't bring it every night.

There is no difference in these statements. His language is basketball. He would understand the concept of bringing it just fine. If that is what it takes for you to defend him knock yourself out. As previously stated, birds of a feather....

First off, this article/thread isn't about that comment. But, since you brought it up, I think that's the comment that has been least understood. He didn't say he didn't try hard, he said he didn't bring it every night. The first would be worth all the vitriol, the second I read as an acknowledgement for lack of production, not effort. He is saying he wasn't consistent. He views his lack of consistency as a product of his inconsistent role. His native tongue isn't English, his grammar and syntax are almost never correct, but yet so many are quick to believe his every word is chosen without error there, and that he purposefully sabotaged his reputation as a hard worker just to get back at the Jazz?

The comment I take issue with is the one about only missing the mountains--that was childish.

Reread the article in the OP. Honestly, what is so bad about it? It's a lot more honest than slanderous. Those who are hurt are letting their anger blind them.

You have a strange obsession and love for Kanter. Why I wonder? He had nothing good while he was here and was very rude and disgraced his family after he left. His name is no longer good for Jazz fans. Maybe he is your daughter?

Yes, but that's not what this article/thread was about.

That's right. The article was about sponge bob. Sorry i forgot.

Your comment refers back to ellipse's comment that enes continues to bad mouth the jazz. Are you sure ellipse was not referring to statements like this one? And the article clearly covers his immaturity. So you can cherry pick the things that support your beliefs or look at the big picture.

Can you please show us the links of gobert and booker crying for more minutes. You act like every single player in the league just sits in front of the coaches office going "c'mon coach. I just want me minutes. C'mon. Give my more minutes. Give me more minutes coach." and then mentions it in every interview, and that's just ********. Some players cry for more minutes by going to the media and playing like a pouty bitch when they don't get their way. Others do it by busting their asses in the time they do get. One kind gets traded. The other gets PT. Which was which here? Hint: it's not a hard question.

lol, you know that Gobert was send to the D League by Corbin, because he cried for minutes on Twitter ?