What's new

Enough to ruin a legacy

TheGobertReport

Few players get to be drafted by a team in the lotto at the end of an era, and be the face of the rebuild. Fewer grow into the player the team hoped - if not better - and guide the rebuild back into the playoffs and into the second round with a young and talented nucleus surrounding them. No longer the face of the rebuild, now the face of the franchise.

Gordon Hayward didn't want that. He didn't want that pressure. He didn't want the ball in crunch time during the posteason. He deferred. He's soft and a bitch. I'm glad to see him and Hill gone.

Unfortunately, the Jazz are screwed because this will set the team back at least a few years because no game changing free agent will ever sign here.

Rudy is a savage. Let's hope Mitchell is a savage.

Mitchell is the hope of the jazz now. Let's hope he slays the league. High hopes for a rookie after 1 summer league game, but in a league of oligarchs... Donovan and Rudy and Rubio are our boys...

Gordon took plenty of clutch shots. He made himself into an all=star. However, he loses my respect because he ran away from the challenge to be great. Even if they win in Boston, so what he will be way down on the list of great Boston athletes. If he had won in SLC he would have been a legend. Even if he does not admit it, everyone will think he ran because of the West conference being tougher.

I could care less what he does in Boston, I hope he realizes he won't be the number one option and his stats go down. Lebron will destroy him next year and when Lebron leaves if Boston does get to the finals they will be destroyed by any western team.

I would LOVE it if the Jazz got to the finals and met the Celtics. We beat them in Utah and he has to watch teammates celebrate and the fans go crazy. Karma ....

He's gonna bolt Utah the first chance he gets too.
Hayward never expressed a desire to be here. It was where he was drafted, but he was always loyal to Stevens, even unnaturally so, tbh.

Mitchell worked out for Utah, which was highly unusual due to his projected draft range and Utah not even being close to that. He also has a connection with Lindsey through Dennis' son. Money is always a consideration, but he won't pull a Hayward.