What's new

Epke > Gobert (troll title)

franklin

Dude is such a great pickup. I'd add in Thabo here as well but they deserves his own thread. This team is deep and almost has franklin going into homer mode for the first time in about 10 years. Too damn bad we don't have a number one option and the offense is stifled. This team is fun to watch.

Ekpe StuffMode.

They were not fun to watch last night. Ugh. Where is Gobert anyway? He seems to have just faded into the background. Griffin and Jordan owned him last night, it was ugly.

It looked like he let the refs get into his head. He spent more time trying to get them to call the hooking going on (it was rampant actually, even the clippers fans around me kept saying "yeah hook that mother****er, take him out") than he did controlling the paint. Not a great game from our superstar when BOTH of the opposing bigs outplayed him.

It's obvious the new scouting report on Gobert is foul the **** out of him every possession and make em call it. And right now, they're not calling any of it. How does he adjust? Cause right now he's getting owned.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You're not allowed to like Udoh. He doesn't play for the Nuggets or Lakers.

Dude is such a great pickup. I'd add in Thabo here as well but they deserves his own thread. This team is deep and almost has franklin going into homer mode for the first time in about 10 years. Too damn bad we don't have a number one option and the offense is stifled. This team is fun to watch.

Ekpe StuffMode.

Denver didn't work out for you, eh?

They were not fun to watch last night. Ugh. Where is Gobert anyway? He seems to have just faded into the background. Griffin and Jordan owned him last night, it was ugly.

It looked like he let the refs get into his head. He spent more time trying to get them to call the hooking going on (it was rampant actually, even the clippers fans around me kept saying "yeah hook that mother****er, take him out") than he did controlling the paint. Not a great game from our superstar when BOTH of the opposing bigs outplayed him.

Gobert has been ****ted on by refs his whole career. I wish that refs rewarded guys for playing real defense and not flopping and trying to take charges.

The most frustrating thing is when a guy puts his off arm in Gobert's chest and Gobert gets called for a foul. KAT had a bad one in the Minny game. When the only contact on a play is the offensive players arm/elbow in the defensive players chest can we at least just call no foul.

Udoh is great, but he is catching dudes by surprise... averaging like 9 blks/48. I expect the rate to drop and for suckas to stay out the paint when Udoh is around.

I love me some Udoh.

Gobert has been ****ted on by refs his whole career. I wish that refs rewarded guys for playing real defense and not flopping and trying to take charges.

The most frustrating thing is when a guy puts his off arm in Gobert's chest and Gobert gets called for a foul. KAT had a bad one in the Minny game. When the only contact on a play is the offensive players arm/elbow in the defensive players chest can we at least just call no foul.

Yeah but that **** will always happen and always has. The truly great players learn to adjust to it. I hope Gobert does.

Gobert isn't playing with anywhere near the same energy he usually plays with. And he isn't providing anywhere near the same level of help defense. I don't know what's going on with him. I was really excited to see his improvement this season.

Yeah but that **** will always happen and always has. The truly great players learn to adjust to it. I hope Gobert does.

I think he's been great at ignoring it in the past, but when you see whiny dudes like Blake and CP3 get loads of calls it's hard not to keep ignoring it.

I just wish they'd give guys that don't complain and don't try to trick refs the benefit of the doubt.

Gobert isn't playing with anywhere near the same energy he usually plays with. And he isn't providing anywhere near the same level of help defense. I don't know what's going on with him. I was really excited to see his improvement this season.

I am worried he got a small injury and is just playing through it. He looked fine in pre-season and even played with more intensity. Maybe the Exum imjury and the Hood scare made him worried? Maybe the coaching staff told him to dial it back a little to start the season? Something in his personal life? Maybe he is just taking a laid back approach until the team finds its role and rhythm? Or maybe there is some conflict going on.

Gobert does seem to take time to get in rhythm though. He has to get his timing and other things going. He also might be working on new things and is thinking about the game too much which slows things down for players for awhile. This is my best guess or maybe most hopeful guess.

I really thought after Griffin dunked on him he would get fired up.

I don't like the negative tone/vibe folks are taking with Gobert here. He takes so much of the defensive attention and is adjusting to playing with a new floor leader and significantly depleted wing scoring.

Can we praise Udohs greatness without dumping on our best player.

I don't see what yall are saying about Gobert at all.

He just has more focus on him now. There is less space and players are crowding him more now.

I don't see what yall are saying about Gobert at all.

He just has more focus on him now. There is less space and players are crowding him more now.

I think everyone wants him to overcome all of that and play amazing. I certainly hope so too. lol

I think everyone wants him to overcome all of that and play amazing. I certainly hope so too. lol

I mean, he can't just run over guys and dunk the ball every play. Rubio can't magically throw him the ball if he isn't open because he the weak-side defender cut his path off to the rim. The only time I have been disappointed with Gobert this year when he threw the ball away against Minnesota.

I mean, he can't just run over guys and dunk the ball every play. Rubio can't magically throw him the ball if he isn't open because he the weak-side defender cut his path off to the rim. The only time I have been disappointed with Gobert this year when he threw the ball away against Minnesota.

yeah. i agree. but you know... haha

Sent from my iPhone using JazzFanz mobile app

Its not his offense necessarily its his effort all over the court. He isnt setting good hard screens, he isnt running as hard up and down the court, he isnt challenging shots as much or as well, he isnt jumping for rebounds as much, he isnt boxing out as hard as he used to, he just looks like he is going at 75% effort.