What's new

Eric Maynor anyone?

Chargers Jazz Angels

Portland did not extend a qualifying offer to him so he is now an unrestricted free agent. his agent said they will start calling teams that need a back up pg. I would think Utah would be his first call.

he already knows the system
he is better then watson and tinsley
he knows the area
he is a decent back up

I say do it. stash Neto for a year bring in maynor and tinsley. get rid of tinsley next year and bring Neto over.

Jazz roster I'd love to see:

Burke - Maynor - Tinsley
Hayward - Burks
Carroll - Webster - Williams
Kanter - Maxiell - Evans
Favors - Turiaf - (Gobert)

Portland did not extend a qualifying offer to him so he is now an unrestricted free agent. his agent said they will start calling teams that need a back up pg. I would think Utah would be his first call.

he knows the area
he is a decent back up

I say do it. stash Neto for a year bring in maynor and tinsley. get rid of tinsley next year and bring Neto over.

Billups then Maynor would be my 1st calls for PG, however does Maynor have ill feelings for being a salary dump??

Maynor is perfect. I don't think he cares as much about starting as he does about playing.
He'll get plenty of time here.

He's a guy too that probably wouldn't complain holding down the fort until Burke is ready.
Anyone bigger, or more established is either going to get too much love from Ty, or complain.

Whoever we get needs to be part of the plan of having Trey start ASAP.
Don't just randomly add talent this season, add vets that fit into this goal.

Billups is so unrealistiv. He's Vet Minimum for a contender. Eric Maynor would be great. He's get 20 min to begin the season, decreasing with the development of Burke.

Would be a good choice for 2nd point. Maybe Neto will be a better option at the 3rd point than Tinsley - or just stash him for a year? Any indication that Maynor would be a bad influence, that he holds a grudge against the Jazz?

he knows the area
he is a decent back up

I'm glad someone does, because last year I sure couldn't spot it.

I guarantee you the FO will not pick up Maynor. I think Dennis has said it a few times, they want a veteran who can mentor Trey.

what will you guarantee? if they do what then?

Hey, I'll tell you what. You can get a good look at a butcher's *** by sticking your head up there. But, wouldn't you rather to take his word for it?

Maynor is a good find Jako.
BTW
"You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Jako again."