What's new

Ersan Ilyasova and Tyreke Evans

magic

If Favors is to leave this summer, then the only stretch 4 available in free agency is Ilyasova. Well I guess technically Luc Mbah a Moute too, but not a big fan.

Also, out of realistic scoring options available, I think Tyreke Evans is our best option. He can act as a 6th man, or can be used in a small ball lineup.

Other than this, I can't really think of anyone else that would move the dial. All the other good options are either restricted free agents or unrealistic.

Jazz cant afford Evans. He will get more than the MLE.

Nah he gets MLE but I wouldn’t want him on the full 4 years... pretty sure Memphis already negotiated this with him.

There are maybe 3-4 teams that is cap space beyond the MLE and about 5-6 that use the MLE this summer... it’s the “nuclear winter” summer for FAs.

Nah he gets MLE but I wouldn’t want him on the full 4 years... pretty sure Memphis already negotiated this with him.

There are maybe 3-4 teams that is cap space beyond the MLE and about 5-6 that use the MLE this summer... it’s the “nuclear winter” summer for FAs.
Well then Utah should try to get him.

evans had a great year. He could be our second scorer maybe? if he is cheap, hope we get him

Evans has grown into a real nice player. Would be a good second option.

Evans has grown into a real nice player. Would be a good second option.

On a contender he’s a bench scorer/creator who closes games... the Eric Gordon role.

I think it would take 4/40 and there are injury concerns... I think there is an under the table agreement between him and Memphis... when they didn’t trade him and shut him down to support the tank.

Tyreke would be a good, albeit injury prone, addition. Ersan, on the other hand, I'd personally pass on. He showed some promise earlier in his career, but hasn't really been that great since. He looked heavy and slow much of the last couple of years. I guess he'd be fine as a JJ replacement. Pretty much a wash. Mediocre for mediocre.

I'd rather see a guy like JJ Reddick. Proven scorer and a huge three point threat. No way he's making anywhere near 23 mil like he did this year.

I think a Reddick type player would help us a lot, especially with the 2nd unit, but I could see him helping close out tight games.