What's new

ESPN INSIDER Lottery draft guide: Jazz must build around Favors

Fishsticks

Banned
Why can't people on this board understand what the rest of the world knows???????

Found this interesting..
Building blocks: Absent a blockbuster deal, which is highly unlikely, Favors is under contract long term at a relatively friendly deal, if you believe (as I do) he can be a high-level defensive anchor who can produce around the rim.

I think we have a few more players that might be building blocks, but whatev.

- Favors (Center: defensive presence)

- Burke (Point Guard: game manager, playmaking, shooting)

- Randle (Power Forward: inside scoring, rebounder, fighter)

Grab vets, picks, role players, but Build around those 3.

We need an elite scorer. I think our only chance at finding one in this draft or on our current roster is Burks. We need to see what he is made of. No reason he can't have a Derozan like 4th year leap. At this point finding an excellent coach and development staff is the most vital thing we can do this offseason. We have to mine our players and see what we really have.

Have not spent a lot of time on this, but my comment above had me look. Burks made HUGE strides statistically this past year. Why are we not more amped about him?

Have not spent a lot of time on this, but my comment above had me look. Burks made HUGE strides statistically this past year. Why are we not more amped about him?

I agree, of the current roster, Burks has the most potential to be an elite scorer. I fear the FO, however, might try to package him to make draft day moves.

I'm with you on the Randle train.

We better nail the coaching hire.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think overall the board is very high on Burks. I think he is elite at getting to the rim and line. I see further big things from him.

We need an elite scorer. I think our only chance at finding one in this draft or on our current roster is Burks. We need to see what he is made of. No reason he can't have a Derozan like 4th year leap. At this point finding an excellent coach and development staff is the most vital thing we can do this offseason. We have to mine our players and see what we really have.

He should be starting at PG, playing an all-attack mode a la Parker. And we should see what Trey will fetch on the trade market.

I'm definitely still stoked about Burks.

I agree, of the current roster, Burks has the most potential to be an elite scorer. I fear the FO, however, might try to package him to make draft day moves.

Depending on what the Jazz are going for I am not agaisnt it. No one is untouchable in the right deal.

I asked many times in the Draftees thread (specifically if we dropped out of the top 4....lol) who the best offensive option was after Dante Exum.

Most of the response seemed to boil down to Noah Vonleh, Marcus Smart, and Julius Randle. Personally, I highly doubt that Randle being a good offensive option in the NBA. Marcus Smart intrigues me-- but I think Noah Vonleh has the most offensive potential. Even though it gives us a logjam at 4/5, I think you have to go BPA here.

Kinda whoops, cuz we could've really used an elite wing-scorer in this draft. SMH at dropping to 5th. Hopefully our core continues to improve incrementally, and we nail the coaching hire.

At worst, Burks should be a decent 6th man. With his improved spot-up shooting this season, he can also play effective halfcourt minutes even if he can't handle being a starting offensive hub. I'd rather the Jazz trade Gordo or Kanter at this point.

Favors - PF
Burke - SG
Burks - SG
Hayward - SG
Kanter - SG

Instead of another PF in Randle, why not get a Center, SF, or PG?

What is Orlando's starting lineup?

Vet PG
Oladipo
Afflalo
Harris
Vucevic

yeah, I could really see them drafting Smart if he has a solid workout. That would be a cool 1/2 punch. Of course, they could also take Exum, but I'm not sure how familiar they are with Exum as a player.

I think they're content with the Afflalo/Harris/Vucevic front court though, so I can't really see them snagging Vonleh.

At worst, Burks should be a decent 6th man. With his improved spot-up shooting this season, he can also play effective halfcourt minutes even if he can't handle being a starting offensive hub. I'd rather the Jazz trade Gordo or Kanter at this point.

Yes.

They're both centers in today's NBA.

And yes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Its amazing how much time i spent pimping burks and havin damn near everyone disagree and argue with me.
Now suddenly most of the board agrees.

Better late than never i guess