What's new

ESPN's take on it

It also talks about the "why" he would want a trade. Mostly the Brewer trade and the free agent losses, but then it does not say how a lot of this was alleviated with the additions of Jefferson and Bell. However, in the world of professional sports anything is possible.

When did the notion of pandering to superstars really begin? We traded a friend of his so he's ready to bolt? Michael lost Oakley (arguably his best friend on the Bulls) but Michael never came out demanding trades, etc., did he? Scottie lost Horace Grant, but you never heard of Scottie demanding he be traded to Team X, right? Is this a new concept? Or is it only Deron (supposedly) whining about it?

When did the notion of pandering to superstars really begin? We traded a friend of his so he's ready to bolt? Michael lost Oakley (arguably his best friend on the Bulls) but Michael never came out demanding trades, etc., did he? Scottie lost Horace Grant, but you never heard of Scottie demanding he be traded to Team X, right? Is this a new concept? Or is it only Deron (supposedly) whining about it?

Cleveland set the precedent last season and this offseason by letting Lebron do whatever he wanted to. Bosh ran amok during the offseason, CP3 decided to open his mouth, then Melo joined in.

New Orleans and Denver seem to be doing the right thing by telling these guys to "shut the **** up and play, cause we're holding you to your contract".

It also talks about the "why" he would want a trade. Mostly the Brewer trade and the free agent losses, but then it does not say how a lot of this was alleviated with the additions of Jefferson and Bell. However, in the world of professional sports anything is possible.

Yeah, but that's not from Mister X who "thinks" Deron might be next. That's added speculation about why Mister X thinks Deron might actually do it. And it makes me giggle to think that Deron is still so freaking pissed off about Brewer that 2 YEARS LATER he's going to bolt. It's all so clownshoes.

Yeah, but that's not from Mister X who "thinks" Deron might be next. That's added speculation about why Mister X thinks Deron might actually do it. And it makes me giggle to think that Deron is still so freaking pissed off about Brewer that 2 YEARS LATER he's going to bolt. It's all so clownshoes.

Definitely, I think he has probably gotten over the Brewer trade. Hayward while not as good of an athlete, will probably be the better all around player so that should help in two years. In the end though, one can never rule it out completely. I think DWIll is a much better person than Carmelo for instance but its not like Denver stinks.

Look, I can't speak directly for Deron, but I would like to think he won't leave.

But these scenarios need to be delineated a bit:

Scenario (A): Deron feels that the Jazz aren't getting better and are perpetually a ~53 win team, will get to the 2nd round, but the FO isn't doing anything to push them over the hump. I could understand him getting agitated with that. No one wants to be the NBA's version of Dan Marino or Barry Sanders after all.

Scenario (B): Deron is mad that his friends are being traded and requests a trade. This is horse crap. I think he'd realize that that'd make him come off as a total tool. I don't see him wanting to leave because of this.

It all depends on how we do over the next year and 2 years. If we continue to be a middle of the pack western conference playoff team then he will likely look to leave. If we improve and are a top 2-3 team in the west he may think his best shot at winning is staying put. Speculating about what he will want to do 2 years from now is just flat out stupid and a waste of time.

It all depends on how we do over the next year and 2 years. If we continue to be a middle of the pack western conference playoff team then he will likely look to leave. If we improve and are a top 2-3 team in the west he may think his best shot at winning is staying put. Speculating about what he will want to do 2 years from now is just flat out stupid and a waste of time.

What else is a waste of a time is assuming hayward is going to be some stud. Hell he probally wont be as good as brewer cuz atleast brewer saw the floor.Flat out stupid i tyell ya

What else is a waste of a time is assuming hayward is going to be some stud. Hell he probally wont be as good as brewer cuz atleast brewer saw the floor.Flat out stupid i tyell ya

If Hayward turns out to be a consistent starter in this league you are going to be eating a lot of crow. All I ever see you do is say he is going to suck or we should have drafted someone else.

I'm not saying he is going to be an allstar. But I do think he well be able to be a contributer to the team he is playing on.

I think usually where there's smoke there's fire, so it wouldn't surprise me if Deron is unhappy with how the Jazz have dealt with his friends.

First Dee Brown. While admittedly, Brown is / was a borderline NBA player, he certainly wasn't much, if worse, than some of the other backup PGs the Jazz had on the team, like Palousio and Mr. Fart.

Then they trade Brewer for practically nothing, and don't make an offer to Korver -- his two closest friends on the team.

Then they botch it up with Matthews, and despite what some people say here, I think the verdict is still out on that one, as Raja probably only has two good seasons left in him.

So now we have Jefferson, Bell and Hayward instead of Boozer, Korver, Matthews, and Brewer.

I think the verdict is also still out on Maynor. Yeah, the ownership needed the money, but in the long run, like Matthews, it may come back to haunt us.

I think Deron might be second guessing the FO, and seeing that the ownership sometimes places a higher priority on saving money rather than keeping talent, might want to bolt to a team like Dallas where the owner has deep pockets.

Of course the opposite could be true. He will see that replacing Boozer with Jefferson is an upgrade, replacing Matthews with Bell is a short term upgrade and that replacing Korver with Hayward is an upgrade.

The reason why ESPN speculates so much is because they have to fill air time. It must be working because no people are up in arms about DW leaving simply because Lebron went. Besides ESPN would probably rather have a few superteams so they can make more money because many fans just love the hype of a superteam. I haven't heard one moment of DW whining about leaving. I think DW was pretty open that if the Jazz didn't improve the team then he would look at his options which he is entitled to do. Personally, I get sick of ESPN and all their speculation. They just make crap up half the time to fill air time.

This executive is forgetting one thing about those other guys, they're ****ing bitches. Straight up.