What's new

EuroBasket Thread

Isn't he incredibly unathletic? I remember the Vezenkov draft hype being that he was hyper talented but his body never projected to be NBA quality.
Yep... he's very... vertically challenged. But he's very skilled and... crafty. No idea who he guards in the league... but offensively he can hang IMO. Lightening quick release on the shot. High %s. Good handle and overall skill, especially for the size. I just really don't think you can play him on defense in today's league.

Too bad he doesn't seem interested in coming over to the NBA. He's had a few chances already and every time it seems like he's using the NBA for negotiating leverage with his Euro club.

Wonder in a situation like this whether Bogey and Fontecchio acknowledged each other as new NBA teammates (for the time being) during this game?
I just watched a replay of game six of the Dallas series. I think I’m gonna cry when Bogey is traded because he was by far our most clutch performer last season. (Unfortunately the refs hate him or he might be a superstar in this league.)

I like Lauri, I have wanted him on our team before. I think he would have been solid with Gobert. But I think he still hasnt reached his potential for various reasons. He hasnt shot as well as he should and he hasnt got to show off his play making much, hopefully that changes with us. We have a few players that could have break out seasons and ruin our tank. But we could also have players breaking out and not win much. I really want to see what Sexton-Beasley-Fontecchio-Markkannen-Vanderbilt lineup can do with some regular mintues.

Yep... he's very... vertically challenged. But he's very skilled and... crafty. No idea who he guards in the league... but offensively he can hang IMO. Lightening quick release on the shot. High %s. Good handle and overall skill, especially for the size. I just really don't think you can play him on defense in today's league.

Too bad he doesn't seem interested in coming over to the NBA. He's had a few chances already and every time it seems like he's using the NBA for negotiating leverage with his Euro club.
Vezenkov has no interest in sighning Kings. His contract in Greece is more valuable for him than NBA contract. He is bulgarian and here the Cesar's sentence "Better first in village than second in Rome" is very poular. In Greece he's a star player in a top team, in California he would be a bench guy for limited minutes just shooting threes from the corner.

Isn't he incredibly unathletic? I remember the Vezenkov draft hype being that he was hyper talented but his body never projected to be NBA quality.
not that athletic, but sometimes effort and skill compensate for a lack of athleticism. jokic perhaps being the best example. if a guy produces, not sure it matters much.

France - Solvenia was an amazing game. Anticlimatic because the French awful guards ruined the ending, but great competition.

here's the thing though - if it were jokic instead of vezenkov who we were discussing, we'd be saying the same things. dude is crazy good, can shoot, score, pass, rebound, but i just don't know who he guards. skilled dudes like that who give effort, tend to figure it out. they may never be great, but they do okay.

another guy the jazz could look at depending on whether he wants to come back, who is playing great is Dzanan Musa - probably been a top 10-15 player so far in the tournament. 5th leading scorer in the tournament, shooting 57% FGs and 45% 3pt.

the great thing about tanking is it's low risk potentially high reward with some of these guys. they don't work out, who gives a **** - just helps your tank job.

He is going to have a breakout season. I would be hesitant to take advantage of his trade value though unless it is a monster offer because he could be such a great fit going forward.

I like that Lori is getting to the line more than anybody in the tournament with the exception of Giannis. 8.4 times per game. granted, he's only making 93%, so could use some improvement there.

the 8.4 FTAs is second by a wide margin over the rest of the field. he's followed by

Doncic at 6.6 attempts
Valanciunas at 6.4 attempts
Musa and Nurkic at 6.0 attempts.

interesting - or not, depending on how one looks at it - that all of the top 5 are or were NBA guys.