What's new

Everything is bad!

BIGAL

The Jazz suck! The GM, their players, their fans, all suck! All you guys do is complain! There are many bright spots on this squad. What about Al Jefferson? This guy is a stud who continues to work hard, and impresses the hell out of me, offensively as well as defensively. Andrei needs to be re-signed and is very valuable to this team. Derrick Favors is the future, who brings so much upside at the 4. Imagine if Millsap was our sixth man, along with CJ! I really believe the Jazz have taken a look at the Lakers, how they win, and made a commitment. The front court is huge. I feel the Jazz are onto something, only time will tell, though I'm very optimistic. This offseason is going to decide a lot. I will say Bell, Elson, Price, and possibly Okur need to be traded.

I don't think the situation is hopeless and still think the Jazz even have a playoff shot this year. But the past like 8 games or so have all been winnable but the Jazz have found a way to lose them. It's frusturating to watch.

The Jazz suck! The GM, their players, their fans, all suck! All you guys do is complain! There are many bright spots on this squad. What about Al Jefferson? This guy is a stud who continues to work hard, and impresses the hell out of me, offensively as well as defensively. Andrei needs to be re-signed and is very valuable to this team. Derrick Favors is the future, who brings so much upside at the 4. Imagine if Millsap was our sixth man, along with CJ! I really believe the Jazz have taken a look at the Lakers, how they win, and made a commitment. The front court is huge. I feel the Jazz are onto something, only time will tell, though I'm very optimistic. This offseason is going to decide a lot. I will say Bell, Elson, Price, and possibly Okur need to be traded.

Good 1st post. I mostly agree. However complaining is a way of life on a message board. I don't get why some of the biggest complainer's even bother anymore. But it's what makes them happy. I am cautiously optimistic about this teams future. But you have to admit it can be really frustrating to start the rebuilding process in the middle of what was supposed to be a good year.

...this is possibly the worst post ever made on the Jazzfanz board!

Somebody's gotta provide levity. I do it for my people.

Here you go:

soap_box.gif

Good 1st post. I mostly agree. However complaining is a way of life on a message board. I don't get why some of the biggest complainer's even bother anymore. But it's what makes them happy. I am cautiously optimistic about this teams future. But you have to admit it can be really frustrating to start the rebuilding process in the middle of what was supposed to be a good year.

I agree. I really thought the Jazz had reloaded and would win the division and at least make it competitive against the Lakers, especially if Okur could come back healthy after Christmas. But those great comebacks were a mirage. In fact, I think that led to the downfall of Deron and the rest, thinking they could come out with medium energy and then turn it on when it mattered.

Obviously, the team was not as good as that glossy 27-13 record back in mid-January. The biggest disappointment for me has been the play of Bell and Miles. I thought they'd be at least adequate in replacing Matthews and Korver. Add in Hayward and I figured the Jazz would be fine at the wings.

Jazz fans also don't know what rebuilding means. 41 wins after losing Stockton and Malone, with only a slump the next season due to a rash of injuries? That ain't rebuilding. Try Boston post-Bird, or Chicago after Jordan/Pippen. Try Cleveland post-LeBron. Those franchises were/will be terrible for a long, long time. The crap KOC takes is undeserved. He's done a fantastic job of managing trades and signings, especially for a small-market and less-than-desirable city for young, affluent african-americans. Now you CAN question the may 1st round misses. But what is unclear is who drove many of those selections, KOC or Sloan.

I agree. I really thought the Jazz had reloaded and would win the division and at least make it competitive against the Lakers, especially if Okur could come back healthy after Christmas. But those great comebacks were a mirage. In fact, I think that led to the downfall of Deron and the rest, thinking they could come out with medium energy and then turn it on when it mattered.

Obviously, the team was not as good as that glossy 27-13 record back in mid-January. The biggest disappointment for me has been the play of Bell and Miles. I thought they'd be at least adequate in replacing Matthews and Korver. Add in Hayward and I figured the Jazz would be fine at the wings.

Jazz fans also don't know what rebuilding means. 41 wins after losing Stockton and Malone, with only a slump the next season due to a rash of injuries? That ain't rebuilding. Try Boston post-Bird, or Chicago after Jordan/Pippen. Try Cleveland post-LeBron. Those franchises were/will be terrible for a long, long time. The crap KOC takes is undeserved. He's done a fantastic job of managing trades and signings, especially for a small-market and less-than-desirable city for young, affluent african-americans. Now you CAN question the may 1st round misses. But what is unclear is who drove many of those selections, KOC or Sloan.

I agree with OP and this post. I thought this squad had potential to get a 4 seed, but I didn't foresee such a horrible 2011. I am very optimistic about the future of this team though. I'd like to get to the playoffs to get Big Al, Hayward, and Favors some experience, but missing them will give the Jazz two top 12 picks. Those are some good trade chips. (package those for the #1 or #2 (depending on where NJ's turns out) or trade our #12 pick and next years GS for a scorer and then keep/draft with the NJ pick).

That could be a great young team, similar to OKC. I'm really excited about the future of this team. However, this home losing streak is just really frustrating. All the Jazz do is lose lately, but they are still so close to the 6-8 seed, crazy.

that gives the Jazz

Good post. While this season has been disappointing, our future now is as bright as ever. Dwill was going to leave regardless because we just didn't have the trade chips to improve this team. Now we have a good point guard in Harris, a big in Favors who has as much potential as any player in the league, and some draft picks/trade chips. Not to mention a head coach who I am very excited about. He is motivated to build this team into a contender.

All that being said, we will likely be back in the playoffs next year. So once again we reload as opposed to rebuild.

If this draft pick ends up being top 5-6, we have a decent chance to get atleast a starter, which would help us a lot. If we end up going with one of the many pf's of this draft, we could then trade Millsap+our other lottery pick/GS pick for a starting wing.

Great post!!

I too don't understand why KOC gets ripped the way he does. There isn't a gm i've ever heard of that gets every draft pick right or even half right. KOC's reputation for finding second round and undrafted gems are pretty good.

I think it was in 2004 or 2005 KOC had the foresight to trade up 3 spots in the draft to get their pg uf the future. Most experts had Paul as the top pg in the draft. Turns out KOC was right and everyone else was wrong.

After the Stockton and Malone era ended he signed two future all-stars and drafted one future all-star. He has done a great job making this team competitive. I remember people calling for him to get fired because he wrouldnt trade Booz, no one would him even close to fair value. KOC was patient and didn't take the first scrub offered him, and turned it into an opportunity to get Jefferson who now is playing like an all-star big.

Are things working out for us this year? No, we lost a hof. coach and are franchise player but because of KOC's ingenuity there is hope for the future.

What I'm trying to say is get over your selves KOC is a great gm.