What's new

Exercise for Kanter

jazzyapma

I will not say "I meeaan" everytime I open my mouth.
I will not say "I meeaan" everytime I open my mouth. (x1000 times)

Really annoying.

"Looking forward to getting to Utah, getting with my new teammates and getting this going! "

I'm sure that Memo can teach him to eliminate it from his speech. Oh, wait. I think "I mean" is Turkish for "ummmm", which is KOCish for "I mean".

English isn't his native language. Give the kid a break. You guys are being ignorant.

Have you ever learned a new language? He's doing a pretty good job.

English isn't his native language. Give the kid a break. You guys are being ignorant.

Have you ever learned a new language? He's doing a pretty good job.

Agreed. To speak that well after 18 months is pretty remarkable.

AK does the same thing.

And for that matter, so do a lot of native US players.

I was actually impressed with how well he was able to communicate for only being in the US for a few years. Apparently you missed Jonas Valanciunas' quote when he was asked to compare himself to Chris Bosh and he replied, "I have not strong body." At least Kanter understands enough English to respond appropriately.

I will not say "I meeaan" everytime I open my mouth. (x1000 times)

Really annoying.

I think he was just a little nervous. Dirk used to always say, "Obviously" and at least he didn't have a short circuit meltdown and forget how to talk like Jonas Valancuinas.

AK does the same thing.

And for that matter, so do a lot of native US players.

I've noticed that as well - and AK has been speaking English for almost 10 years now.

I say give the kid a break, he took ESL courses in Kentucky so he's trying. Raul Lopez played here for two years and didn't learn a lick of English.