What's new

Exit Interviews

DA's comments on Edey were awesome. Hit the nail on the head. Sounds like NBA teams are as conflicted as we are.

Hands down the most polarizing prospect I can remember. Open and shut best player in the country in college with a completely opaque NBA future.

Key had 39 TOs in his last 10 games. Also shot well below 40% during that same stretch. Wouldn't be surprised if he gets the Brandon Jennings treatment at some point.

Very good listen. After listening my expectation for the off season:

- Keep Lauri and Sexton
- Sign Dunn
- Sign Juzang
- Trade at least one of our draft picks this year
- We will likely go in to next season similar to this season, unless a star becomes available

I think the FO has been clear that their preferred way to rebuild is through trade. In order to do that they have to keep enough good players around so that when you make that trade you can be good immediately. It doesn't make sense to trade for a star player and surround him with no talent. I think the FO will continue to go in to each season with this mindset until it makes more sense for them to rebuild through the draft.

I think the FO has been clear that their preferred way to rebuild is through trade. In order to do that they have to keep enough good players around so that when you make that trade you can be good immediately. It doesn't make sense to trade for a star player and surround him with no talent. I think the FO will continue to go in to each season with this mindset until it makes more sense for them to rebuild through the draft.

I can tell you on good authority they have been extremely active in trade discussions over the past 18 months, and I assume they will continue to do so.

But DA is smart to not blow his wad (pardon my French) out of some anxiety-ridden false sense or urgency. He is value-oriented and will always be. The right trade at the right time will come together and our trajectory will be meaningfully altered when it does.

In the meantime, we're stashing good, young players with value of their own + the ability to become impact players in the short-term.

Bucees ain't a truck stop lol. They don't even allow 18 wheelers in their parking lot, at all. Only the delivery drivers.
Only been once and it was a big *** gas station like truck stops. It’s at least truck stop adjacent. It reminded me of a truck stop lol.

I will change my statement. Big *** gas station/convenience stores have great *****ers.

I get that not everything can go your way….but I am not glazing a GM because he said we almost did something and that’s why our situation was bad. It’s an eloquent way of saying we tried, failed, and had to pivot. It happens….doesn’t change the fact that it was a failure. It doesn’t really matter if the moves would have made more sense had you been able to execute a move that didn’t happen.

Only been once and it was a big *** gas station like truck stops. It’s at least truck stop adjacent. It reminded me of a truck stop lol.

I will change my statement. Big *** gas station/convenience stores have great *****ers.
Harmon's by my house has the best public bathroom I have even been in (other than high end steak houses and dance clubs etc)

Sent from my CPH2451 using Tapatalk

Geez, get it right.

Conversely, little run down gas stations in the middle of nowhere are the most likely to have bathrooms that give you diseases.

The first couple minutes of the Ainge interview I believe pretty well encapsulate my assessment. He talks about how they were going to be drafting second (pre-lottery) and were looking at taking Durant, but then they got bumped back to 5th and it opened the door to trading for Ray Allen and subsequently KG, winning them a championship. He's had a couple times where things have fallen out of the sky that worked favorably, and I believe his approach is to "just be in the right position" for when something falls out of the sky. It can certainly happen, but I think it bends more toward the outlier end of the spectrum rather than somewhere within a normal distribution.

The first couple minutes of the Ainge interview I believe pretty well encapsulate my assessment. He talks about how they were going to be drafting second (pre-lottery) and were looking at taking Durant, but then they got bumped back to 5th and it opened the door to trading for Ray Allen and subsequently KG, winning them a championship. He's had a couple times where things have fallen out of the sky that worked favorably, and I believe his approach is to "just be in the right position" for when something falls out of the sky. It can certainly happen, but I think it bends more toward the outlier end of the spectrum rather than somewhere within a normal distribution.
So the plan really is just wait around and hope to get really lucky. I do get it, but hard to get very excited.

Celtics went the better part of a decade being in on seemingly every big name that was going to be moved, and nothing ever happened. Then Ainge finally pushed his chips in years later for Kyrie Irving and it was a disaster and the exact wrong move to make after his half decade of outsmarting everyone by doing nothing. Great return on Isaiah Thomas after screwing him over though.

So the plan really is just wait around and hope to get really lucky. I do get it, but hard to get very excited.

Celtics went the better part of a decade being in on seemingly every big name that was going to be moved, and nothing ever happened. Then Ainge finally pushed his chips in years later for Kyrie Irving and it was a disaster and the exact wrong move to make after his half decade of outsmarting everyone by doing nothing. Great return on Isaiah Thomas after screwing him over though.
DA make some great things and failed on others as all GM. Keeping eyes open is a good strategy but i do not think you can duplicate what he does in Celtics. For a simple reason, Boston is a club legend winning titles, big market for 40 years when SLC is nothing compare to them.
The only way to become good for me is to build chemistry with youngs talents ( I'm not sure Hardy is the right coach, cf Kessler treatment...). Once we start to be decent, then trade for one or two star players. And i mean start player, not superstar. Dreaming that we may landed one day Luka or Giannis is just a dream, that will never happen for me.

Yes… I been trying to tell yall. He chases the opportunities… which is okay for a while.

Didn't Kyrie get injured before the playoffs? If he didn't go down Im pretty certain Boston would've been in the Finals that year.

As I’ve been saying for months, against the tide of idiocy stemming from Tremendous Upside and his squad.
Ahhh no one listens to him anyways. It’s like what I told my dad who is long winded. When I was young and he caught me doing something stupid he’d spend 5-10 min lecturing me. Well if I talked back. He’d yell at me forever so I just learned to tune him out. Now whenever he’s talking to me in the present after a min or two I only hear whaa whaaa whaaaaa.