What's new

Expectations for New Additions

phippsj

Interesting articles going on down here in San Antonio about Lamarcus Aldridge and how its been a year and he is finally comfortable with the team and offense.

One thing that stuck with me was his comment that he felt very uncomfortable until after the all start break.

With all the excitement around here, maybe we should adjust expectations a bit in the impact these players are going to have...

While the Jazz offense has a few pieces of the Spurs offense, the Spurs offense is much more complex.

The Jazz make passes around the key and then do one on one moves. Much easier to learn our sets. :)

This will be a longer adjustment than many seem to think. No matter how simple one might think the offense is, adjusting to a new team, new teammates, and new system takes time. Especially with 3 new guys who all will get minutes and 8-9 guys who can play multiple positions. The number of combinations that can be played is a strength but also will take time.

Careful guys. The optimism police here will peg you as liars and ostracize you if you try to speak reasonably about the season. I think one of the terms used was loser. Just be warned. They are out for blood if you don't accept their religion of 50 wins and the 3rd seed as the absolute floor for the season.

Careful guys. The optimism police here will peg you as liars and ostracize you if you try to speak reasonably about the season. I think one of the terms used was loser. Just be warned. They are out for blood if you don't accept their religion of 50 wins and the 3rd seed as the absolute floor for the season.

It's not your opinion that does this. It is the constant misrepresentation of what you're reading.

But hey, ride that victim horse to the finish line. I'll be there waiting with a glass of kool-aid for ya.

Locked on Jazz today talked about the teams communication in practice yesterday being through the roof. Then goes on about how Gobert and Diaw are doing good work on how to get open as a big.

Talks about how Hood is trying to increase his FT rate and improve his handle. How this is against his natural instinct on how to play the game and how it'll be interesting to see how well he improves there.

I expect Hill to be a better version of Mack, specifically on the shooting front.

I expect Joe Johnson to be a better version of Joe Ingles.

I expect Boris Diaw to be a smarter version of Trey Lyles.

we-call-her-the-log-lady.gif

It's not your opinion that does this. It is the constant misrepresentation of what you're reading.

But hey, ride that victim horse to the finish line. I'll be there waiting with a glass of kool-aid for ya.

Go back to the wins prediction thread and tell me that is a misrepresentation of the most vocal "optimists".

Also, apparently you haven't heard of "hyperbole". It tends to be pretty common on this site. Remember all the comparisons of CJ to MJ? Well that was the hyperbole used to highlight the argument that CJ would ever be more than a role player and a mediocre one at that. By the way, those of us who scoffed at CJs apparent hidden greatness were proven right in the end.

But you keep riding that horse of "misrepresentation" to the finish line. I will be there with a kleenex for ya.

;)

Go back to the wins prediction thread and tell me that is a misrepresentation of the most vocal "optimists".

Also, apparently you haven't heard of "hyperbole". It tends to be pretty common on this site. Remember all the comparisons of CJ to MJ? Well that was the hyperbole used to highlight the argument that CJ would ever be more than a role player and a mediocre one at that. By the way, those of us who scoffed at CJs apparent hidden greatness were proven right in the end.

But you keep riding that horse of "misrepresentation" to the finish line. I will be there with a kleenex for ya.

;)

That 50 wins and 3rd seed is the floor is absolutely BS. You go read it again. That was the ceiling this year and you know it. Some had 55 and 3rd seed, again as the ceiling. Oh noes!!!

What a crock.

Yes. Misrepresentation indeed.

Not by me. I am just calling out your falsehood on what you say others are saying. I have not attacked you at all on what you think will happen. Disagreed, sure but so what? At least I didn't pretend it was something it wasn't.

Not by me. I am just calling out your falsehood on what you say others are saying. I have not attacked you at all on what you think will happen. Disagreed, sure but so what? At least I didn't pretend it was something it wasn't.

Like I said go to the "how many wins" thread or whatever it was called and tell me where I misrepresented. Lots of predictions above 50 in there, and lots of insults directed toward me for daring to guess less than 50.

Like I said go to the "how many wins" thread or whatever it was called and tell me where I misrepresented. Lots of predictions above 50 in there, and lots of insults directed toward me for daring to guess less than 50.

lol, what ever. Believe what you want, you're wrong. Saying that everyone's floor was 3rd seed and 50 wins is laughable.

SMH, I'm moving on.

Interesting articles going on down here in San Antonio about Lamarcus Aldridge and how its been a year and he is finally comfortable with the team and offense.

One thing that stuck with me was his comment that he felt very uncomfortable until after the all start break.

With all the excitement around here, maybe we should adjust expectations a bit in the impact these players are going to have...

My expectation is for them to be table setters for Hayward and favors make their jobs easier.

Careful guys. The optimism police here will peg you as liars and ostracize you if you try to speak reasonably about the season. I think one of the terms used was loser. Just be warned. They are out for blood if you don't accept their religion of 50 wins

lol

To be fair, 50 wins was a false religion.