What's new

Exum in SL?

He's not playing in the Summer League or the Olympics. He's preparing for the preseason/regular season.

Exum does not need SL
He's good enough
Let some fringe players get a good try out

Did anyone else catch the Dennis Lindsey Interview where he said the jazz were trying everything they could to keep Dante engaged and excited about rehab and practice? He said they were getting very creative. He didn't come out and say they drafted those two pgs to give someone for Dante to play against, but he kind of said they drafted those two pgs to help Dante.

Did anyone else catch the Dennis Lindsey Interview where he said the jazz were trying everything they could to keep Dante engaged and excited about rehab and practice? He said they were getting very creative. He didn't come out and say they drafted those two pgs to give someone for Dante to play against, but he kind of said they drafted those two pgs to help Dante.

that shines a little different light on the draft ,get some hungry young kids for Dante to practice against

Exum does not need SL
He's good enough
Let some fringe players get a good try out

Good enough? Sure he has a lot of potential but he is far from a finished product and reps are good for youngsters. Youngster that didn't play ball stateside until a couple years ago at that. Be good for him to go and show what kind of leader he can be. A lot of second year players play in the SL and he is basically a second year player sincehe missed most of last year. Just amazes me how many people are hyping him up and ready to hand over the keys to a youngster who really isn't ready to take the horns yet. He is what 21 years old? If I was a Jazz fan then I would want to see him come off the bench and gain confidence and improve thru the year. That is what DL thinks also since he wasted a lottery pick on George Hill. He didn't waste that pick for Hill to come off the bench. Sometimes throwing a player who isn't ready into the fire can really backfire on you and ruin a players career.

that shines a little different light on the draft ,get some hungry young kids for Dante to practice against

Both of them are skilled and mature, one of them long and physical, the other one quick and a surprisingly good defender. Jazz will pay them a little bit to practice, and if either one shows more ability they will get locked up. But make no mistake, it is all about Dante.

I think he should play in the SL since I think he is still learning the position. He didn't play stateside running the point in hs or college and he didn't play the point when in school in Aussie.. All about reps. All about being a leader...

I don't know how they help Dante though? I mean he's already a better player than they are. What exactly is he going to learn from them? He will improve by getting playing time. That's about it. He's observed for a full year and probably picked the minds of coaches and teammates. Now when the season comes he just needs the reps. Hopefully he's not wasting away on the bench.

So what is some of your view of Exum? What is his ceiling? Multiple all star games? HOFer? solid starter on a playoff team? Combo guard off the bench as a 6th man role? I don't see all star out of him from what I have seen so far which isn't much since he been injured... If he is a guy who could give a team 15 points, 7 assist, 4 boards and a couple steal a night then that be a good but not great player. Which means no all star so I am saying his ceiling is starter on a playoff team. At this point I don't see him averaging 7 assist YET. Doesn't mean he cant but I doubt he could next year.. Got to be patient with him. Id say wait and see how he is in 3 years. Let him be a 6th man this year and if he has a good year then year 2 you let him start and and take the bump and grinds and then year 3 you hope he takes off... That's what id do with Exum if I was the coach and GM. He is still very raw and I don't think most of you underatnd this.

I don't know how they help Dante though? I mean he's already a better player than they are. What exactly is he going to learn from them? He will improve by getting playing time. That's about it. He's observed for a full year and probably picked the minds of coaches and teammates. Now when the season comes he just needs the reps. Hopefully he's not wasting away on the bench.

Betterthen who? Hill? And by whos standard? Yours maybe but not the rest of the NBA WORLD. Hard to call someone who hasn't seen the court much a better player then a 30 year old vet. I think you meant to say you hope he is a better player because at this point that's all it is. Hill has been on playoff teams and lead teams. Exum is new to the position and gues swhat his averges are not better then Hill so no he is not better. He has the potential

Betterthen who? Hill? And by whos standard? Yours maybe but not the rest of the NBA WORLD. Hard to call someone who hasn't seen the court much a better player then a 30 year old vet. I think you meant to say you hope he is a better player because at this point that's all it is. Hill has been on playoff teams and lead teams. Exum is new to the position and gues swhat his averges are not better then Hill so no he is not better. He has the potential

Better than Paige and Wallace who [MENTION=229]mellow[/MENTION] was talking about. I didn't say anything about Hill.

You guys argue over the darnedest things

Sent from my iPhone using JazzFanz mobile app

Both of them are skilled and mature, one of them long and physical, the other one quick and a surprisingly good defender. Jazz will pay them a little bit to practice, and if either one shows more ability they will get locked up. But make no mistake, it is all about Dante.
I worry about those guys schooling dante and hurting his confidence tbh

He was saying exum is better than these guys that the jazz just drafted in the 2nd round.

I worry about those guys schooling dante and hurting his confidence tbh
Yep. Exum is coming off a season where, as a starter, he averaged something like 4 pts on 35% and went 40 games without getting to the FT line. Offensively he's not better than anyone.