What's new

Exum Island is alive and well

He was always more suited for FIBA game. He needs to forget about NBA career and go and play in Euroleague.

It kinda sucks that if he was never part of this team, JFC would be clamoring for him non-stop.

It kinda sucks that if he was never part of this team, JFC would be clamoring for him non-stop.
I’m not certain many other franchises would have given him 6 years to put him in the position of having a body of work that the rest of the league (i.e. us) could look at to know who he is. I’d be surprised if many people around the league now could tell you anything about him, and that’s with the bias of us giving him that time where I don’t think most franchises would have.

I’m not certain many other franchises would have given him 6 years to put him in the position of having a body of work that the rest of the league (i.e. us) could look at to know who he is. I’d be surprised if many people around the league now could tell you anything about him, and that’s with the bias of us giving him that time where I don’t think most franchises would have.
Basically DedEx was Ty Wallace. Nothing more, nothing less. How many on the board are pining to bring back Ty?

Jazz wouldn't be the only team to extend/give him his second contract. There could have been more bargaining but he would still get it based on potential. Teams don't really give up on cheap prospects.

Many people would tell you that he is a much better player than Ntilikina, Shaq Harrison or Kris Dunn if he can stay healthy.

Jazz wouldn't be the only team to extend/give him his second contract. There could have been more bargaining but he would still get it based on potential. Teams don't really give up on cheap prospects.

Many people would tell you that he is a much better player than Ntilikina, Shaq Harrison or Kris Dunn if he can stay healthy.
The last sentence of your first paragraph is at odds with your list in the second paragraph. Smokes and Dunn you can draw somewhat of a comparison based on draft position. Smokes just got cut by NY. Chicago let Dunn go on FA. And for saying teams don’t give up on cheap prospects, we gave Exum twice as much per year as Dunn got (from another team). Smokes has yet to land a deal and will be in a minimum. Shaq is unsigned.

The last sentence of your first paragraph is at odds with your list in the second paragraph. Smokes and Dunn you can draw somewhat of a comparison based on draft position. Smokes just got cut by NY. Chicago let Dunn go on FA. And for saying teams don’t give up on cheap prospects, we gave Exum twice as much per year as Dunn got (from another team). Smokes has yet to land a deal and will be in a minimum. Shaq is unsigned.
Well, they were never as good a prospect as Exum so no suprise they got cut or traded.

And how Ntilikina got cut is pretty similar to how we traded Exum. Knicks want to win now and need the money, we needed a bench scorer. It's just that Exum still had value enough to net someone.

Well, they were never as good a prospect as Exum so no suprise they got cut or traded.

And how Ntilikina got cut is pretty similar to how we traded Exum. Knicks want to win now and need the money, we needed a bench scorer. It's just that Exum still had value enough to net someone.
While Franky Smokes just got cut after his fourth year, we instead gave Exum $10/yr and kept him for another year and a half.

While Franky Smokes just got cut after his fourth year, we instead gave Exum $10/yr and kept him for another year and a half.
Which helped us get the 6th man of the year. Ntilikina got them... a roster spot.

I mean, I would have liked if it was for less but it was still trade-able.

But we are digressing. All I am saying is JFC would be hyping up Exum way too much if they never got to see him with the Jazz.

If he can't make a rockets roster right now, there's no way he's playing another NBA game

Have to agree, the Rockets suck and he still can't make their rotation. Apparently the Spurs took a look at him.