What's new

Exum states that he absolutely feels more comfortable at the point...

Et tu Brute

So glad to hear it.

I hope this sends a message to the Jazz. Quit drooling over Mack. Think twice before signing Hill to mega bucks long term deal. And stop with this bs of playing Dante off the ball.

You drafted the kid at 5. The kid has something almost no one on the roster has. An elite trait.

Name the Jazz players with an elite trait? And name their elite trait. (e.g. Gobert - rim protection)

Exum could be franchise altering. I worry Q can't see it.

Bringing back Hayward, Hill and Ingles (and especially Mack) might just mean never taking the chances needed on Exum.

So glad to hear it.

I hope this sends a message to the Jazz. Quit drooling over Mack. Think twice before signing Hill to mega bucks long term deal. And stop with this bs of playing Dante off the ball.

You drafted the kid at 5. The kid has something almost no one on the roster has. An elite trait.

Name the Jazz players with an elite trait? And name their elite trait. (e.g. Gobert - rim protection)

Bringing back Hayward, Hill and Ingles (and especially Mack) might just mean never taking the chances needed on Exum.

what is his elite trait?

he can't shoot. I don't see him surviving in this league not being able to shoot.

So glad to hear it.

what is his elite trait?

he can't shoot. I don't see him surviving in this league not being able to shoot.

So glad to hear it.

You have it backwards. This is all happening because the Jazz sent a message to Exum. The Jazz don't need promise or potential. They need results. If Exum wants this then he has to work his butt off and take it. Earn it the hard way. Nothing is given and if cannot outperform those he is in competition with then he falls down the depth chart. Elite speed not withstanding.

It's not about the Jazz messing up on Exum. It's about Exum messing up on the Jazz.

So glad to hear it.

I'm not worried at all about Quin seeing what we might have in Dante. Exum was coming off a torn ACL and it was obvious that management was intent on spending this season bringing him along slowly. Coming into this next season, I think Exum will get the workload he desires. Even if Hill is retained, he can spend a lot of time at the 2 if we are getting good production from Dante.

Locke pointed out next season will be huge for Exum.

1. It will be his first season with full training camp.
2. It will be his first season where he gets to work on his game, and try to improve on somethings that they've noticed he could be better at.

How hard he works in the off-season, and if he shows up to camp with a new feature or two will tell us a lot about his potential.

he Jazz don't need promise or potential. They need results.

Results are when Jazz are down 24 pts to GS and with Exum at PG leads a comeback.Jazz had nothing and were on the verge of total embarrassment on their homecourt.
His speed was stuck on the bench while the Jazz looked slow in all their losses.Snyder double downed on the old guys over and over.Exum brought elite speed into the Jazz offense and defense ,should have been used from the start of the series...whose fault was that.

I have always thought exum was a point guard. He has the best vision on our team, and his size allows him to pass over the top of people. He needs to work on his ball security, but it's not as bad as some people act like it is.

Turning Exum in to a 2 is such a bad idea. So I hope that talk ends. I am certain that Locke started this for many Jazz fans and media. I remember when he started talking about it and then everyone picked it up and ran with it. Dante as a 2 is like a 9th or 10th man on a decent team. I've been very annoyed at not only the apologetic attitude of a lot of the Jazz media regarding this baffling Dante/Mack kerfuffle, but also at DL for not getting rid of Mack at all costs over the summer. Sometimes every coach just has a little nervous tick that is illogical. Quin's tick is pulling out Exum and putting in Mack.

I think this all might work itself out if Exum is good enough, but there's no doubt that the Jazz have a history of poorly developing and supporting their young players. Kanter, Favors, Hayward, Burks, Burke, Exum, Lyles have all had PT issues that have soured their attitudes in the last 5+ years. Some of these guy overcame it and went on to be good players, but even in the case of Kanter the lack of time to develop really cost the Jazz when it came time to trade. Letting Exum play more this season was a low-risk, high reward move that Quin somehow messed up. Baffling.

Results are when Jazz are down 24 pts to GS and with Exum at PG leads a comeback.Jazz had nothing and were on the verge of total embarrassment on their homecourt.
His speed was stuck on the bench while the Jazz looked slow in all their losses.Snyder double downed on the old guys over and over.Exum brought elite speed into the Jazz offense and defense ,should have been used from the start of the series...whose fault was that.
Exum shows flashes no doubt but he needs to be much more consistent. He tends to have one good game and then follow it up with 3 bad ones.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using JazzFanz mobile app

There are quite a few Jazz players that need to be more consistent, not just Exum.

I remember in X's rookie year where he absolutely kicked sand in DWill's face. He made DWill look like a broken down old man. That's what we saw from him on Monday.

It's not about the Jazz messing up on Exum. It's about Exum messing up on the Jazz.

This is funny, because what I saw was that when Exum got the opportunity, he played pretty well, especially in the 2nd half of the season. I don't have a problem with playing Mack, other than his leash is too long, because Mack helped win games when playing well. However, I thought playing Neto over Exum was just plain dumb.

As for the Exum fan boys, you guys need to stop with all this. Utah wouldn't have just had the success they had this season with Exum thrown to the wolves and no George Hill. In that case, we might as well have just packed Hayward's bags for him and bought his ticket out of town.

And if you guys care about what's best for the team, having to match some ridiculous offer for Dante next year would cripple the team financially. The best move for the team, without a doubt, is to bring back Hill and develop Dante slowly for one more year.

I will say this, Dante should be the backup PG next year with no question. If they bring back Mack, they may as well trade Dante, which would be dumb.

So glad to hear it.

That's great. I just wish I were more comfortable with him playing PG, because he hasn't been good.

Considering we did draft Dante #5 overall and we all see potential in him, the best option might be to bring in a cheaper vet like D-Will to back up Dante, and if he doesn't play well then obviously the vet can start. I know this has obviously been discussed at length in other threads, but to me this is the best option. Hill was good for us this year, but he is aging and won't take us over the top in the West. Dante is our best chance at contending in 2-3 years.

Considering we did draft Dante #5 overall and we all see potential in him, the best option might be to bring in a cheaper vet like D-Will to back up Dante, and if he doesn't play well then obviously the vet can start. I know this has obviously been discussed at length in other threads, but to me this is the best option. Hill was good for us this year, but he is aging and won't take us over the top in the West. Dante is our best chance at contending in 2-3 years.

Having to match a huge contract on Dante next year would cripple the team financially. If you really want to contend in a few years, you need Dante on a reasonable contract, otherwise the team will be forced to dump guys they want to keep. Bringing back Hill and having Dante as the primary backup is the best plan.