What's new

Fanhouse: Sloan says he's not coming back

calijazz

Winner of the 2011 Jazzfanz mock draft contest
Not exactly surprising, but it's worth mentioning for sure:

Just in case anybody in Utah is getting any wild ideas Jerry Sloan might return as coach now that Deron Williams has been traded, that's not going to happen.

"No,'' Sloan said in a phone interview with FanHouse on Wednesday. "That didn't have anything to do with it. I left on my own terms.''

There has been plenty of talk that Williams, due to having a run-in with Sloan, played a role in the legendary coach resigning Feb. 10 after 23 seasons on the Jazz bench. Williams, Utah's star point guard, was traded Wednesday to New Jersey in a deal that included the Jazz getting point guard Devin Harris and promising young big man Derrick Favors from the Nets.

Sloan said he didn't "have any reaction'' to Williams being traded. He was asked if it might be unfair that Williams will get a rap about Sloan's exit due to his departure coming 13 days after Sloan left.

"That's not for me to say,'' Sloan said. "You guys are the ones who write the articles.''

https://nba.fanhouse.com/2011/02/23/jerry-sloan-deron-williams-trade-wont-affect-retirement/

Sorry, just realized it was already posted in another thread. Feel free to merge as necessary, mods (these are the days I don't miss being a mod, BTW. Craziness).

Sloan (like Stockton) are too proud to reverse what actions they have taken. There is no way in hell that Sloan goes thru the retiring process and then turns around a few days later and un-retires because a player he didn't get along with is traded.

Can we please keep these threads separate? I don't want to wade through 25+ page threads to find new trade rumors/news. Let's let the thread titles reflect the content.

Sloan (like Stockton) are too proud to reverse what actions they have taken. There is no way in hell that Sloan goes thru the retiring process and then turns around a few days later and un-retires because a player he didn't get along with is traded.

Assuming Deron did push Sloan out, is there a more inept owner/GM pairing than Miller and his KOC?