What's new

Fantasy Draft: Sandwiches

[MENTION=181]Ron Mexico[/MENTION]

I've completed trying out all of Moochies sandwiches that I'm interested in. Here's my rankings:

1. Philly: you can't go wrong with this one. I've tried it with every cheese option, and my favorite turned out to be cheese wiz!

Gyro steak: ****ing delicious! Grilled gyro meat with veggies, feta, and some kind of sesame sauce. I absolutely love it.

Atomic meatball: I also tried regular meatball. Both good, but atomic is better because of the feta. If you don't like feta, regular meatball is really good.

Italian: not enough meat in this one. But they drizzle balsamic vinegar on the bread, and that's excellent.

Pastrami: I'm not really into pastrami, and this was fine as far as pastrami goes. Grilled with onions. Whatever.

I also might try their hot wing and eggplant sandwiches in the near future.

But what a recommendation! Much appreciated.

I live about a block from this place so I make it pretty regularly but I have never ventured away from the Philly and the fries. Ill have to try the other stuff, especially that gyro steak. It is nice that two of my favorite places in SLC are so close. Moochies and I really like Koko's Kitchen.

Just ate at The Philadelphian. Best Philly I ever had. My wife felt the same way and she is usually a pretty harsh, hard to please food critic. Good fries and amazing fry sauce.
Lots of variety on the menu too that I want to try. Various types of phillies, meatball, french dip, pastrami, club, turkey avocado, crab avocado, deep fried mushrooms, hand battered onion rings, and a bunch more sandwiches.

I got a pastrami to go that I will eat at work tomorrow.

Too bad it's so far from my house. So so good.

Just ate at The Philadelphian. Best Philly I ever had. My wife felt the same way and she is usually a pretty harsh, hard to please food critic. Good fries and amazing fry sauce.
Lots of variety on the menu too that I want to try. Various types of phillies, meatball, french dip, pastrami, club, turkey avocado, crab avocado, deep fried mushrooms, hand battered onion rings, and a bunch more sandwiches.

You tried Moochies yet?

This is from The Philadelphian's website:

Welcome to The Philadelphian
Locally own and operate.
Cheesesteaks, American, Sandwiches/Subs.
Good price, good food.

We appreciate your business. We look forward to see you often!
Thank you.

Sometimes it just pays off to hire a native speaker.

This is from The Philadelphian's website:

Sometimes it just pays off to hire a native speaker.
It's a total dive bro. All the workers look like drug addicts and convicts. The building is a piece of ****. Ceiling tiles all about to fall on you. Place is a mess to the point that I don't understand how they could pass any health inspections. Located in the middle of a strip mall.

The sandwiches we had were the best either of us every had though.

Ya we tried moochies and we both hated our phillies. I need to give it another try though cause our sandwiches had the cheese wiz sauce on em and we took them to liberty park to eat and when we ate them they were a soggy nasty mess. Horrible. Definitely need to give it another chance.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using JazzFanz mobile app

Ate the pastrami from the philadelphian for lunch today and despite the fact that I microwaved it (I hate microwaved lettuce and pickles) to heat it up, it was still one of the top 3 or so pastrami sandwiches I ever had.
(The no longer in existence grinders that was on 45th and I-15 is still #1)

Can't wait to go there again and try the meatball, french dip, club, and onion rings.

Pretty surprised no one went for the TBA--turkey, bacon, avocado. The best thing at Kneaders in my opinion, and a solid choice at many other sandwich places. That's the one I kept waiting for.

One of my favorite sandwiches is the "Day After Thanksgiving". Carved turkey, Miracle Whip, cranberries, cracked pepper on whole grain bread with a big glass of ice cold milk.

One of my favorite sandwiches is the "Day After Thanksgiving". Carved turkey, Miracle Whip, cranberries, cracked pepper on whole grain bread with a big glass of ice cold milk.

Not a bad choose, not bad. I once put a post of using a Apple cider vinegar on that with lingdonberry or even a jam in place of cranberry. You should try it with vinegar lightly applied to the bread or dipped. You do not want it to get soggy.

My new fave is leftover chili stuffed in to soft rolls with cheddar an onion. Damn that is a good Sammy an cheap to.

they are, like the Cuban, or all the ones with bacon in it. Along with pulled pork.

With bacon at least i've had renditions of those sandwiches with turkey bacon in them, but a lot of these sandwiches are very much American things.

There's one shop in Edmo where I can get poboys. Our Philly Cheesesteaks are very likely comparatively *** to what y'all got down there. Your gyros are called "donairs" or shawarma over here. Good burger spots here though, and burgeoning fried chicken spots. Lots and lots of ethnic places to grab stuff, but very few traditional "American" spots for food.

One sandwich i would have picked is the Montreal-smoked sandwich, as made famous by Schwarz's in Montreal. Surprised it hasn't spread down to the US in terms of folklore. If y'all ever go to Montreal you need to go to Schwarzs, they always have like three hour lines apparently

Schwartz's-smoked-meat.jpg
Turkey called it doner kebab or data kebab, Greeks called it gyros and Arab countries called it shawarma. If you want to know more about this food you may visit here https://healthyfoodsfactory.com/shawarma/