Farm-steading community- kind of weird

str8line

Contributor
2019 Award Winner

The Riverbed Ranch is a 250-family, online-but-off-grid, modern farm-steading community located in Utah. The community is for families that are determined to live a more self-reliant / self-sustaining lifestyle. Most of the families that join our community join for one of these reasons: To live a lifestyle independent of mortgage, power, and water bills. To live a healthier lifestyle, eating pesticide-free food and breathing clean air. For safety, either from things now, or things that may come down the road. Receiving income as a shareholder as the community grows and thrives.

For more information visit bit.ly/agri-coop

LogGrad98

Contributor

The Riverbed Ranch is a 250-family, online-but-off-grid, modern farm-steading community located in Utah. The community is for families that are determined to live a more self-reliant / self-sustaining lifestyle. Most of the families that join our community join for one of these reasons: To live a lifestyle independent of mortgage, power, and water bills. To live a healthier lifestyle, eating pesticide-free food and breathing clean air. For safety, either from things now, or things that may come down the road. Receiving income as a shareholder as the community grows and thrives.

Are you saying you are a member?

One Brow

I agree that if this is what the families want, good for them.

To me, it screams "one major disaster from starvaton".

str8line

Contributor
2019 Award Winner
I'm not sure what you're getting at. If that's how you want to live your life I say go for it. Everybody should do what makes them happy. Why so passive aggressive about it?

Seriously, what do you have against farmers? You know they are responsible for your food? But I'm sure you respect them for working with all that dirty dirt.

LogGrad98

Contributor
Seriously, what do you have against farmers? You know they are responsible for your food? But I'm sure you respect them for working with all that dirty dirt.
Seriously what the hell are you talking about? Why are you trying to pick a fight over nothing. I guess troll gonna troll.

Gameface

IT'S TIME TO GET YOUR GAMEFACE ON!
Contributor
2018 Award Winner
Your OP comment was written in the first person. It made it seem like you were part of that community but I felt like you had actually copy/pasted the comment and were not part of the community. So I had the same question. No judgement, just looking for clarity.

str8line

Contributor
2019 Award Winner
Your OP comment was written in the first person. It made it seem like you were part of that community but I felt like you had actually copy/pasted the comment and were not part of the community. So I had the same question. No judgement, just looking for clarity.

Yeah, I meant to put it in quotes and forgot.

Their website has a video with a guy talking about it... sounds kooky.