What's new

Fate smiled upon the Jazz - or how close we came to NOT getting Mitchell

Jack Strop

Not sure I ever read this...
There was apparently a deal on the table for Denver to get Love and trade the 13th pick to Indiana, with George going to the Cavs. Indiana nixed it at the last minute. Oh my!

Cleveland reportedly came close to acquiring George in a three-team trade shortly before the Pacers shipped him to the Thunder in early July. A deal was in place to trade Kevin Love to Denver in exchange for Gary Harris and the No. 13 pick, which the Cavaliers would have sent to Indiana to get George. Pacers president Kevin Pritchard had second thoughts about the trade and backed out before it was finalized.

https://www.hoopsrumors.com/2018/01/lebron-upset-that-cavaliers-didnt-add-george-bledsoe.html

I remember this reported trade when it was being rumored around. I didn’t like that the Cavs were trading Love at the time. Jazz were very lucky to end up with Donovan. Jazz were lucky so many teams passed on Donovan, which is crazy because even in summer league he looked good. I don’t think anyone could have envisioned this good, but looking at some of the guys picked above him even if he wasn’t what he now is I question why. Donovan’s attitude, maturity and will power are enough to love the guy.

......some things are meant to be.....and with the offseason the Jazz and Jazz fans had, there’s absolutely no one else who they could have landed to give Jazz fans more hope than Donovan. This season without him would be a unwatchable, and the future would look bleak. Thanks to everyone who had a part in the process that landed him here.

We may end up being lucky that Gordie went to Beantown. Makes for a painful year but in the long run with Donovan, Rudy, and the money not spent on Gordie we could be better off.

Last edited:
c3240d7111ff8154dfa71b7c6bd4c757.jpg

or

1824.jpg

but I prefer...

quote-this-day-we-fashion-destiny-our-web-of-fate-we-spin-john-greenleaf-whittier-379975.jpg

Think about how depressing this season would be without Mitchell. We're in such a better position, future-wise for DL having drafted him. We really should send the Nuggets GM some flowers, a box of wine or some Omaha Steaks.