What's new

FAV is looking around.

I hope yall are ready for Tony Bradley to return as the primary backup center because unless there is a good option at the minimum I think that is where we are headed.

Well, I came here for a pick-me-up and you just sharted in my face.
From Tony Jones Q&A

Do the Jazz have any plans to bring in another big man option who could play with or behind Gobert? Tony Bradley made admirable progress last year, but the Jazz were still beaten badly when he was on the floor. — Sean C.

I think that can go either way. I think if there were a big who presented himself and the Jazz could get him economically, they would consider it. But here’s the thing: The Jazz like Tony Bradley. They see him as one of the best rebounders in basketball, and they see him as someone who has worked to improve every year. He runs the floor well, he can score a little bit, and he’s durable. They recognized that he got played off the floor in the postseason against the Nuggets, but they chalk a lot of that up to overall inexperience.

I’m not saying the Jazz don’t draft over him or bring in someone in free agency who can play over him. But the Jazz decision-makers do like him. And it’s not like they are sitting up in an office thinking they have to find another big to back Gobert up.

From me... DL is far enough away from the playoffs now and has looked at his spreadsheet with all the per-36 numbers and has convinced himself there aren't really better options and TB will get better. He's invested a 1st, 3 years of development, and now that he seems ready for NBA minutes he won't deviate. DL is Mr. Sunk Costs he will ride this out to the end. So unless we can talk NO into a Ed for Favs sign and trade or Baynes only gets the minimum and wants to play with his homie Joe then I think we are looking at TB as our backup center.

200.gif

Tony Bradley will not be the primary backup going into the season unless he really earns it. I wouldnt worry about what Tony said tbh, it's more likely just something the Jazz are saying to give Tony confidence, since he really lacks it as is.

Tony Bradley will not be the primary backup going into the season unless he really earns it. I wouldnt worry about what Tony said tbh, it's more likely just something the Jazz are saying to give Tony confidence, since he really lacks it as is.
You're right about that. One thing that could help Bradley is to push him to become much more aggressive defensively. He's so tentative about fouling because the refs don't give him any calls. Well, the way to fix that is to be aggressive because we all know that when teams become more aggressive, the refs stop calling ticky-tacky fouls. If Bradley becomes more aggressive it will help him improve defensively, and hey, they're going to call fouls on him whether he touches or looks like he's touching a guy. If he's aggressive, it's going to cause missed shots. So, that's how I believe Tony can help himself out on the defensive end which is his greatest liability.

I think there is going to be a lot of movement in the league this year. Lots of teams are trying to win because they feel they are close. Others are selling big time because they aren't. There is little 'low middle class' in the league right now. It's 14 teams that can win it and 8 teams that are so far down... There haven't been trades for 8 months at this point.

The expiring Gobert contract situation? Does he give DL the "hung like Memo on the dark web" limp hand shake and say all or nothing? Or is he in it to win it with a 'budget contract'?

Do the Jazz have a better fit than Conley? And what does that avenue bring us?

Are we going to sacrifice more future by trading Ed Davis and a draft pick for a decent player?

I think this means that Favs is an option but not by any means a guarantee. I love me some Favs but he had holes too. This should be a fun 4 weeks.

I think we sign a guy like Alex Len to a minimum deal and let him and TB slap fight for the backup center position. Unless Favs comes at a 3/20M type of deal and we can do it as a sign and trade with Ed's contract (plus a second) then I don't see us getting a premium option.

I think we sign a guy like Alex Len to a minimum deal and let him and TB slap fight for the backup center position. Unless Favs comes at a 3/20M type of deal and we can do it as a sign and trade with Ed's contract (plus a second) then I don't see us getting a premium option.
I think that's worst case scenario.

From Tony Jones Q&A

Do the Jazz have any plans to bring in another big man option who could play with or behind Gobert? Tony Bradley made admirable progress last year, but the Jazz were still beaten badly when he was on the floor. — Sean C.

I think that can go either way. I think if there were a big who presented himself and the Jazz could get him economically, they would consider it. But here’s the thing: The Jazz like Tony Bradley. They see him as one of the best rebounders in basketball, and they see him as someone who has worked to improve every year. He runs the floor well, he can score a little bit, and he’s durable. They recognized that he got played off the floor in the postseason against the Nuggets, but they chalk a lot of that up to overall inexperience.

I’m not saying the Jazz don’t draft over him or bring in someone in free agency who can play over him. But the Jazz decision-makers do like him. And it’s not like they are sitting up in an office thinking they have to find another big to back Gobert up.

From me... DL is far enough away from the playoffs now and has looked at his spreadsheet with all the per-36 numbers and has convinced himself there aren't really better options and TB will get better. He's invested a 1st, 3 years of development, and now that he seems ready for NBA minutes he won't deviate. DL is Mr. Sunk Costs he will ride this out to the end. So unless we can talk NO into a Ed for Favs sign and trade or Baynes only gets the minimum and wants to play with his homie Joe then I think we are looking at TB as our backup center.
Mr. Sunk-cost is the absolute best descriptor of DL and the front office in general. Slow and steady puts butts in the seats and protects our jobs. That's the mantra.

I think there is going to be a lot of movement in the league this year. Lots of teams are trying to win because they feel they are close. Others are selling big time because they aren't. There is little 'low middle class' in the league right now. It's 14 teams that can win it and 8 teams that are so far down... There haven't been trades for 8 months at this point.

The expiring Gobert contract situation? Does he give DL the "hung like Memo on the dark web" limp hand shake and say all or nothing? Or is he in it to win it with a 'budget contract'?

Do the Jazz have a better fit than Conley? And what does that avenue bring us?

Are we going to sacrifice more future by trading Ed Davis and a draft pick for a decent player?

I think this means that Favs is an option but not by any means a guarantee. I love me some Favs but he had holes too. This should be a fun 4 weeks.
Holes sure but Favs as a backup at maybe 16-18 minutes per night is as close to a perfect backup as we could get.